LennieB

I'm new .. had my bypass mid November 2018 - Hello

North East England: I turned 50 in 2016 and decided to take control of my weight. Nothing else has worked long term, so this has to work for me. Its great to be part of this forum, you can find anything and everything on here. Ive learnt so much already. My weight loss since surgeory is slower than i expected but I dont mind, especially since i have read that others have experienced the same.

Thank You

Lennie

Hi lennie I'm uk too 

Bypass in nine days .....I'm scared how was it for you and how was the pre op diet .....I have constant headache x

Congrats and welcome, @LennieB. At two months out, I bet you’re feeling pretty good and starting to see some results. I hope things are going well, and I’m glad you’re finding the forum helpful :) 

Welcome to Thinner Times Lennie!

Welcome LennieB! :)

10 hours ago, LennieB said:

North East England: I turned 50 in 2016 and decided to take control of my weight. Nothing else has worked long term, so this has to work for me. Its great to be part of this forum, you can find anything and everything on here. Ive learnt so much already. My weight loss since surgeory is slower than i expected but I dont mind, especially since i have read that others have experienced the same.

Thank You

Lennie

Welcome, Lennie!  I also turned 50 in 2016 and decided this is my chance to take control and finally have something that would work for me....and I also had surgery (sleeved) in November!  There's actually quite a few of us here that had surgery in November (nicknamed the November Newbies because we were all new at this and learning as we go. We can still be novices at times, but getting better and better at it as we go and as we stayed plugged in here to learn so much about our new selves!!!)

Welcome Lennie!

Welcome @LennieB You’ll find friendly folks on the forum. 

FYI:There are quite a few New Englanders on the forum. @Res Ipsa and @tmcgee coordinate a yearly Boston meetup. :D

2 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Welcome @LennieB You’ll find friendly folks on the forum. 

FYI:There are quite a few New Englanders on the forum. @Res Ipsa and @tmcgee coordinate a yearly Boston meetup. :D

Welcome Lennie.

Toothpick, has your daughter run you a bit ragged today. My geography might be lacking somewhat these days...but even so I'm pretty sure north east England wouldn't be an easy daytrip to Boston. :)

56 minutes ago, Aussie H said:

Welcome Lennie.

Toothpick, has your daughter run you a bit ragged today. My geography might be lacking somewhat these days...but even so I'm pretty sure north east England wouldn't be an easy daytrip to Boston. :)

haha! I was thinking that as I read your first post too, that you were from New England, in the North East and then had to reread it and see you were in North East England!  Guess that would be a bit of a trek to meet up, but it would be fun! :D

2 hours ago, Aussie H said:

Welcome Lennie.

@Aussie H LOLOLOLOL That is hilarious. Now that you mention it, I am exhausted. My daughter has the energy of two children and I’ve been trying to catch up on my sleep. 

My apologies @LennieB . I clearly do not know how to read. Welcome to the forum! If you happen to find yourself in *New* England, give me a shout. ;)

On 1/27/2018 at 4:32 AM, Lankyliz said:

Hi lennie I'm uk too 

Bypass in nine days .....I'm scared how was it for you and how was the pre op diet .....I have constant headache x

Lankyliz be of good cheer! Surgery is very low risk and way less risk than not having surgery, given all the nasty health complications of obesity. Everyone has butterflies before surgery... hang in there!

Love that saying ...be of good cheer ...I will kind sir x today is a better day than yesterday so my glass half full mind says tomorrow will be even better