NerdyToothpick

Today and only today, I miss my fat.

It is SO cold in Boston. So very cold. I clearly didn’t layer enough, because I am freezing. I grabbed my daughter’s blanket and covered my legs as I was driving to my mammogram appointment. 

I could use a little body fat this morning. I just need it to leave by the afternoon. 

LOLOLOL The mammography tech was talking about her daughter and said “she’s slim like you”. I was honest and we had a nice chat about WLS. 

21 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

........... “she’s slim like you”. .......

Well, that would have made my day for sure.

You can borrow a hundred pounds of mine for the morning :lol:

I know what you mean, though! I've always been a cold person, and I'm sometimes not amused to know that's gonna get worse as the weight falls off. 

Also: wool baselayers for life.

50 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

LOLOLOL The mammography tech was talking about her daughter and said “she’s slim like you”. I was honest and we had a nice chat about WLS. 

that must have been awesome!!!  I've never been called slim....can't wait!  :D

sorry, not sorry about your missing fat....I'd rather bundle up then have my own natural heater!!! ;)

Although I am in Texas and have no concept of real cold, I'm COLD! I love winter, or so I thought. This is the first year of my adult life I can't get warm. I make my husband start a fire every day after work and I am now the lady with the office sweater collection. One for my arms and one for my legs.

I miss you Summer.

1 minute ago, Smashlee83 said:

Although I am in Texas and have no concept of real cold, I'm COLD! I love winter, or so I thought. This is the first year of my adult life I can't get warm. I make my husband start a fire every day after work and I am now the lady with the office sweater collection. One for my arms and one for my legs.

I miss you Summer.

that is too funny, smashlee!  

You don't want your fat back, you want this!

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 9.06.23 PM.png

4 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

It is SO cold in Boston. So very cold. I clearly didn’t layer enough, because I am freezing. I grabbed my daughter’s blanket and covered my legs as I was driving to my mammogram appointment. 

I could use a little body fat this morning. I just need it to leave by the afternoon. 

I knoooooow!!! :angry: It's so cold I almost froze my fingers off just letting the dog outside a few minutes ago!  There's a space heater blasting on the floor next to me - and I'm still freezing from the hips up!

8 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

LOL!  That is like a "fat suit" which would mimic the size you used to be! haha!

4 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Ha!  Something similar happened to me at my opthalmologist's office a couple of days ago.  I'm there every 6 months for a checkup due to some meds I have to take, so they know me.  The tech who does the stuff before the doctor sees you (I have no idea what that job is called) said, "You've really lost a lot of weight!  I mean, I hope it's okay to say--" 

I told her it was intentional, and thanked her, and she said, "Well, whatever you're doing, it's working!  You look great, and your face is so thin!  It's like layers and layers have..." and then she trailed off, probably because she realized she was getting very close to "...And you were SO FAT before!" territory, LOL! 

She asked what I was doing and I was honest about it, like you were - and we had a good talk about WLS too! 

3 hours ago, Smashlee83 said:

Although I am in Texas and have no concept of real cold, I'm COLD!

Preach it girlie!  Tell this cold weather to GTFOutta Texas!!! xD

7 hours ago, cinwa said:

Well, that would have made my day for sure.

I think I was surprised more than excited by the compliment. I’m still having trouble digesting that I’m a thin person. Don’t get me wrong, it was a lovely conversation! 

3 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

You know what’s sad? I was bigger than that suit??

I wouldn’t have said no to that suit today. As @Kio confirms, it was terrible this am. 

3 hours ago, Kio said:

I knoooooow!!! :angry: It's so cold I almost froze my fingers off just letting the dog outside a few minutes ago!  There's a space heater blasting on the floor next to me - and I'm still freezing from the hips up

@Kio I was helping a friend move and it was death cold. Agh!

Hope you are warmer. If I can help it, I’m not going back outside. 

3 hours ago, Kio said:

Ha!  Something similar happened to me at my opthalmologist's office a couple of days ago.  I'm there every 6 months for a checkup due to some meds I have to take, so they know me.  The tech who does the stuff before the doctor sees you (I have no idea what that job is called) said, "You've really lost a lot of weight!  I mean, I hope it's okay to say--" 

I told her it was intentional, and thanked her, and she said, "Well, whatever you're doing, it's working!  You look great, and your face is so thin!  It's like layers and layers have..." and then she trailed off, probably because she realized she was getting very close to "...And you were SO FAT before!" territory, LOL! 

She asked what I was doing and I was honest about it, like you were - and we had a good talk about WLS too! 

@Kio!!!!! You have less than 100 lbs to go! YAY!!

OMG winter was so cold last year for me. Pure wool jumpers will be the new wardrobe for next winter.....along with fine merino wool thermals.....been there done that, so I shopped up big on thermals at the end of winter clearances. Have to say though that the plus side of this equation is I don't feel the heat to anywhere the extent I used to. Not helping much for the next few days given we're heading back into heatwave conditions again as of today, with extreme heat warnings all over the media,

1 hour ago, Aussie H said:

OMG winter was so cold last year for me. Pure wool jumpers will be the new wardrobe for next winter.....along with fine merino wool thermals.....been there done that, so I shopped up big on thermals at the end of winter clearances. Have to say though that the plus side of this equation is I don't feel the heat to anywhere the extent I used to. Not helping much for the next few days given we're heading back into heatwave conditions again as of today, with extreme heat warnings all over the media,

Make sure you hydrate @Aussie H! Stay cool. That’s an order!

Admittedly, being so cold was my fault. I flew out the door without realizing that the temperature had dropped. I don’t think I would have been this cold a year ago!

I have always been sensitive to the cold but since I lost my excess weight, winters have been painful for me and our weather in WA isn't even close to what you guys go through on the east coast.

3 hours ago, Aussie H said:

Have to say though that the plus side of this equation is I don't feel the heat to anywhere the extent I used to.

@Aussie H - I am so very much hoping this turns out to be the case for me as well.  I need to go without AC this summer to make up for all the heating costs this winter!

I hate winter!  Back in the old days I’d put on a T-shirt and shorts and lay in the sun, didn’t matter I had to push my chair into the snow, if it was 50 or above in the spring I was out there.  Now you might be able to pry me out of my winter coat, or maybe not!  Supposed to be 42 tomorrow after sub zero and a foot of snow Monday I have no doubt there will be people out in shorts.

2 minutes ago, Kio said:

@Aussie H - I am so very much hoping this turns out to be the case for me as well.  I need to go without AC this summer to make up for all the heating costs this winter!

We sit on the deck in the summers, hubby can tell when the temps go below 80, I run in and grab a sweatshirt!  I kid you not, them is always 76-79.  I don’t sweat anymore.  

3 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Kio!!!!! You have less than 100 lbs to go! YAY!!

Thanks!!  I'm glad of the reminder because I'm in a week long stall, but I'm starting to learn this is how my body works - dry spell mid-month, then a whooooooshh at the end.  :) 

25 minutes ago, Kio said:

I don't even turn my aircon on until it hits about 95 degrees these days. People drop by and always ask why....I just don't feel the heat like I used to. Last winter though I pretty didn't let my slow combustion wood fire go out. The hard part was when I stayed in the Adelaide Hills with my brother and didn't have a fire to light. They ended up with a new double thickness doona on their spare bed with instructions to leave it there for guests. They used to just chuck their old ones on that bed when they replaced theirs.

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 12:16 PM, CheeringCJ said:

LOL!  That is like a "fat suit" which would mimic the size you used to be! haha!

LOL!!! THis made me thin of "A Christmas Story" when the mom wrapped up Randy and he said 'I can't put my arms down' and then later fell over and couldn't get up!

Here's hoping you warmed up @NerdyToothpick!