Animalrescuer18

Chopper, Shredder, Spiral, Blender Recommendations?

Hi! I will be having Gastric bypass the end of March. I’m trying to change the way I cook in preparation for my healthier life. I see a lot of people use the Ninja for chopping, shredding, blending and spiral. Does anyone have a personal recommendation? I don’t want to go overboard and spend too much for something I don’t need. It’s only me and my hubby so it doesn’t have to be a large unit. Thank you in advance for the info!!! This forum is awesome! I have learned sooo much!!

19 minutes ago, Animalrescuer18 said:

Hi! I will be having Gastric bypass the end of March. I’m trying to change the way I cook in preparation for my healthier life. I see a lot of people use the Ninja for chopping, shredding, blending and spiral. Does anyone have a personal recommendation? I don’t want to go overboard and spend too much for something I don’t need. It’s only me and my hubby so it doesn’t have to be a large unit. Thank you in advance for the info!!! This forum is awesome! I have learned sooo much!!

I would recommend a simple kitchen ninja....it has a small bowl for pureeing and a big pitcher for making shakes.  The motor you just put on top of whichever one you are using and it is powerful and easy to clean/use!

I have lots of kitchen items but this is the one I am recommending....it is super cheap and has all you need and I have literally had mine for years and years!  I found one on clearance 4 yrs ago and bought a second one for if my original breaks (b/c I can't live without it!) BUT it hasn't broken yet! :)

Kitchen ninja

3 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

I would recommend a simple kitchen ninja....it has a small bowl for pureeing and a big pitcher for making shakes.  The motor you just put on top of whichever one you are using and it is powerful and easy to clean/use!

I have lots of kitchen items but this is the one I am recommending....it is super cheap and has all you need and I have literally had mine for years and years!  I found one on clearance 4 yrs ago and bought a second one for if my original breaks (b/c I can't live without it!) BUT it hasn't broken yet! :)

Kitchen ninja

Thank you so much for the link CJ!! You are so helpful! Is that the same one you used in the pics you shared showing the chopped chicken?  Looks like it won’t take up too much counter space. That’s great!!

no, I have a kitchenaid little one too....simply bc it was cute and matched my new kitchen and mixer when I redid it last year! haha!  I also have a hand blender that matches it too.  My kitchenaid mixer has a spiralizer and a food processor w/ a dicer on it.....and yet I use the ninja more than anything!  The ninja holds more and also does a shake too....so you can basically get one set instead of a separate chopper and blender. 

Ordered a ninja today! Thanks for the link. 

Edited by Animalrescuer18