Kattyrena

Cauliflower pizza crust

Lately I've been having a craving for pizza but I'm not to the bread and pasta stage of post op yet. Has anyone tried cauliflower crust? And if so, what topping did you use?

You may want to try this recipe. I made a similar one when I was on the GI Diet and it was very, very good!

http://www.plainchicken.com/2012/03/wheres-crust-pizza.html?m=1

INGREDIENTS:

Crust
  • 1 (8-oz) package of full fat cream cheese, room temperature
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Topping
  • 1/2 cup pizza sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  • toppings - pepperoni, ham, sausage, mushrooms, peppers
  • Garlic powder

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spay a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
  2. With a handheld mixer, mix cream cheese, eggs, pepper, garlic powder and parmesan cheese until combined. Spread into baking dish.
  3. Bake for 12-15 minutes, our until golden brown. Allow crust to cool for 10 minutes.
  4. Spread pizza sauce on crust. Top with cheese and toppings. Sprinkle pizza with garlic powder.
  5. Bake 8-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Edited by Readytobeme

Just now, Kattyrena said:

Thanks! That looks really good. I'm going to have to try it!

You won't be disappointed. It sounds odd but, it really is yummy!

I eat pizza on a regular basis. I scrap the toppings off the crust and don't eat the crust. I thought I would miss it, but I don't. I realized the I liked the toppings the best all along!

I've posted this before:

I confess, I have a passion for pizza but since my WLS, I've stuck with a veggie base - cauliflower or broccoli crust, but mostly, I just used slices of zucchini and eggplant, de-seeded Roma tomatoes, large mushroom caps (portobello primarily, - baked upside down for a bit to let the water drain out) and red peppers (I hate green).

The cauliflower pizza crust is the bomb !!  I found 3 different recipes online.  My mom and fiance loved it too.  I made it a few months back at about 3 month post op

that sounds so interesting!  I would love to have a cauliflower garden in my backyard!  It can be so expensive to buy but you can do so many things w/ it and i love the taste!