KariRmz

Confused and lost

Hi I had my surgery on 9.11.17 and everything has been going great up until now. I got really sick on Wednesday I think the flu.. today I feel short of breath I bend down to pick something up from the floor in out of breath. My chest hurts like if someone is stepping on it and I have been breathing through my mouth due to sinuses cant breath through my nose. My shoulder blade hurt a lot and really sore of all the coughing.. the question is should I go to the hospital to get checked out or is this because of the flue I have.. I work for customer service and a lot of ppl tell me it's a sigh of pneumonia.. what should I do..

Go to the hospital ASAP. What you are describing could be symptoms of a very serious illness. 

If in doubt, get checked out!

Let us know how it goes please.

WLS patient or not, I agree with Res Ipsa - you need to get that checked out now.

Agree with all above - it COULD be the flu, but that suite of symptoms could also be a cardiac event, a pulmonary embolism, or other internal abnormality.  Don't wait for a doc appointment on a holiday weekend like this - go to urgent care or the ER.  That's what they're there for.

That sounds like pneumonia. My husband had those same symptoms years ago. We barely got him to the hospital in time. He ended up spending 3 months in ICU on full life support. Not trying to scare you BUT, you need to get to the hospital asap.

Please keep us posted when you are able to.

Get it checked out!  Let us know how it goes..

Checking in to see if there's any news from KariRmz.

Also a lovely reminder that there is no such thing as "just" the flu. The flu can be pretty nasty, and after surgery and on low caloric intake, our immune systems aren't necessarily at 100%. 

It's best to get to a doc within a day or two of symptoms beginning, because we can start antivirals if caught in the first 48 hours. Catching it early means a shorter duration, and much better odds it won't turn into pneumonia or another bacterial infection. 

Hopefully things are okay, @KariRmz!

3 hours ago, delilas said:

Also a lovely reminder that there is no such thing as "just" the flu. The flu can be pretty nasty, and after surgery and on low caloric intake, our immune systems aren't necessarily at 100%. 

It's best to get to a doc within a day or two of symptoms beginning, because we can start antivirals if caught in the first 48 hours. Catching it early means a shorter duration, and much better odds it won't turn into pneumonia or another bacterial infection. 

Hopefully things are okay, @KariRmz!

Great advice