Jasmkernow

Newbie from UK

Hello all.

I see there is a mix of.people from all over the globe here so I'm pleased to join up and see what information I can find.

I'm 47, male from the UK. Overweight all of my life with a BMI currently of 41 but I have been bigger.

I have been on the surgery rollercoaster since 2010 and have given up on our NHS so have now raised the funds to go private and to Eastern Europe for a gastric sleeve, hopefully in the next two months (just waiting on the clinic).

Getting excited and impatient but I have waited years so a few more weeks won't hurt too much ;)

Regards

Jason

Welcome to Thinner Time Jason!

I'm sorry that the NHS has let you down but I'm glad you're able to go private for your surgery.  You won't regret it.

Welcome to TT. You will find a great group of people with a plethora of knowledge and encouragement. 

Welcome, Jason. I know that you must be very excited to finally get things moving. I too am getting ready to have sleeve surgery. Will be sometime in the beginning of March.

Good luck!

Edited by Readytobeme

Welcome!  We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey. 

Welcome to the site mate, glad you found us!

Howdy there Jason, pleasure to meet you. Way to go on raising your own funds and taking charge in your life, it could not gave been easy! But I am sure that you are going to find it is worth every penny. My name is Willena, but Bugzzzy will do lol. I am from Canada, and I had my VSG on December 12, 2017. Looking forward to getting to know you better, Jason.... and welcome to the TT family :D

Welcome, Jason! I hope things go smoothly for you :) I did self-pay, as well, and couldn’t be more pleased. 

Welcome to TT Jason!

Hi jason 

UK buddy for you I'm having bypass in Derbyshire in feb .

Look forward to supporting each other 

Very kind and genuinely awesome people to admire on the TT site

Nice to have you here, Jason!! Welcome :) 

21 minutes ago, Lankyliz said:

Hi jason 

UK buddy for you I'm having bypass in Derbyshire in feb .

Look forward to supporting each other 

Very kind and genuinely awesome people to admire on the TT site

Hi Liz - well that's really nice to know that there is another on this island going through the same thing. I'm just sorting everything out with the clinic at the moment. I have a date for April but also on standby for a cancellation  so fingers crossed.

Also

Thanks to you all for all the warm welcomes it's nice to be here :)

Edited by Jasmkernow
Spelling

Welcome Jason. I've heard many self payers say they believe they've done better post surgery because they had so much personal money invested in their outcome. I don't know how true that it, but I self paid for orthopedic surgery and can guarantee that I've been totally compliant with my post surgery plan. Each time I've even contemplated doing something differently I just think of the sad state of my bank account.

Welcome Jason :D

You've come to the right place. Folks on the forum and loving, supportive and ready to give tough love when needed. 

I self paid in Mexico and I have never looked back. This is the best investment you will ever make. 

If you feel comfortable sharing, where in EE will you have surgery? I have family there. :)