Nana Trish

I’m overweight now!!

On 1/12/2018 at 8:46 AM, cinwa said:

I'm another cheese addict and it's probably the one thing that I've struggled to control.  1oz of cheese - I mean, seriously - that's just the size of a pair of dice - not even a mouthful.

If you put a pizza in front of me right now, I can promise that the only part I'd eat would be the cheese off the top.  And that takes me to my tale of the one and only time that I made cheese chips (with shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano).  I ate every single one over the course of 15 minutes.  Needless to say - I haven't made them since. 

Parmesan crisps...ahh I remember them well! Hubby made them a few times while I was on my pre op diet. Needless to say, he does not make them anymore. I can usually control myself with cheese, but they were just too good :) 

On 1/10/2018 at 10:32 PM, Aussie H said:

Good luck with your MRI. I don't envy you that. Just having one foot in that machine made me feel like I couldn't handle one where my body had to actually be in that tight hole.

I am VERY claustrophobic and have panic attacks at the thought of getting into that machine. But in line with being glad I have moved all of my medical care to doctors out of the area, I also go to that same area for hospital/testing...and I'm so glad I do! I was asked about claustrophobia during the pre testing questioning, and I assumed that meant they would be using an open MRI because of that. I was wrong, and they did not. I saw the machine and immediately started to freak out. But the tech was amazing. He asked me what kind of music I liked, and said they would put headphones on me once I got positioned in the machine. He also told me that they have a fan on that blows on your head and face (very lightly) once you are in position. I'm thinking yeah, um no...this isn't going to work for me. Not to mention the fact that the opening looked about 5 sizes too small for me to fit through (fat girl brain working in overdrive!)

So they start my IV, strap me down, and in I go. I get to the end (eyes closed the whole time), and they put the headphones on. Turn the fan on. Turn "Weird Al Yankovic" on (yes I'm that kind of geek, lmao). Amazingly, no panic attack!! Something as simple as a fan took away all feelings of constriction (restriction?) and I managed to make it through the whole half hour with NO panic attacks! Of course, due to my back problems, I did end up in spasm for 2 days and unable to walk, but that's a story for another time, lol. 

And yes, I even fit in the machine...with room to spare!! B) Hehe

On 1/11/2018 at 12:31 AM, tracyringo said:

Congrats overweight girl !!  Sorry to hear other things are not so well. Pray you get good news

Thank you, @tracyringo!! All will be ok, but thank you for the prayers ❤️

On 1/11/2018 at 8:46 AM, CheeringCJ said:

And you know I am looking at the topic and thinking how EXCITING it is for us to be OVERWEIGHT when most of the world would be like EEEKS, I'M OVERWEIGHT!....what a perspective shift, huh?  I can't wait to be overweight! LOL!  I looked up my BMI yesterday and it was 34.2!    I only have another 30# to lose to reach overweight status! :) 

I think we had the overweight discussion when either @Jen581791 or @NerdyToothpick reached overweight status (I'm sorry I can't remember which one of you it was, ladies ❤️) And there was some talk of making/selling "I'm overweight" t-shirts? Lol...I want my t-shirt now!! :P

And way to go on almost being overweight!! It's great!!! Lololol :) 

On 1/12/2018 at 6:33 AM, Ladybugzzz86 said:

I totally admit to doing the same thing... Did it for the first time when I was 8, after my parents went to bed. Amazing what we do to ourselves sometimes.... My other big downfall was pizza, with extra cheese, or poutine with extra cheese. Basically everything with extra cheese haha. 

Maybe I should be avoiding cheese altogether now that I think about it <_<

Ugh, it's awful, isn't it @Ladybugzzz86? I wasn't overweight as a child, but it's an awful feeling being that much of a slave to food! I used to polish off an entire pizza at times, and then eat a pint of ice cream later that same day. Makes me sick now, just thinking about it.

On 1/12/2018 at 3:14 AM, NerdyToothpick said:

@Nana Trish As usual I’m in a rush but I wanted to congratulate you!! Big hugs. Let us know about the MRI, ‘k?

Thank you, @NerdyToothpick!! I messaged you with the MRI stuff ❤️ Hugs :) 

1 hour ago, Nana Trish said:

I am VERY claustrophobic and have panic attacks at the thought of getting into that machine. But in line with being glad I have moved all of my medical care to doctors out of the area, I also go to that same area for hospital/testing...and I'm so glad I do! I was asked about claustrophobia during the pre testing questioning, and I assumed that meant they would be using an open MRI because of that. I was wrong, and they did not. I saw the machine and immediately started to freak out. But the tech was amazing. He asked me what kind of music I liked, and said they would put headphones on me once I got positioned in the machine. He also told me that they have a fan on that blows on your head and face (very lightly) once you are in position. I'm thinking yeah, um no...this isn't going to work for me. Not to mention the fact that the opening looked about 5 sizes too small for me to fit through (fat girl brain working in overdrive!)

So they start my IV, strap me down, and in I go. I get to the end (eyes closed the whole time), and they put the headphones on. Turn the fan on. Turn "Weird Al Yankovic" on (yes I'm that kind of geek, lmao). Amazingly, no panic attack!! Something as simple as a fan took away all feelings of constriction (restriction?) and I managed to make it through the whole half hour with NO panic attacks! Of course, due to my back problems, I did end up in spasm for 2 days and unable to walk, but that's a story for another time, lol. 

And yes, I even fit in the machine...with room to spare!! B) Hehe

I close my eyes before MRIs and keep them closed, my fear is if I open them and see the top a few inches from my eyes that I'll panic, so I just don't look!  

When will you have any results? (Or did you post them and I just didn't see them?)

Just now, CheeringCJ said:

I close my eyes before MRIs and keep them closed, my fear is if I open them and see the top a few inches from my eyes that I'll panic, so I just don't look!  

When will you have any results? (Or did you post them and I just didn't see them?)

Same here...can't see that machine 2 inches from my face...

I got results on Friday, but haven't posted them yet. My urologists words...the mass is "predominantly" benign, except the part that's not. I will be getting a second opinion as soon as I can figure out what type of doctor to seek out. Urological oncologist, nephrologist...I just don't know. She wants to wait 4 months and do a repeat MRI to see if "the part that's not" gets more dense. I'm not comfortable with that at all. I got rid of my thyroid because of cancer. I'm not in a rush AT ALL to have my kidney removed, but I also have not done everything that I have over the past 8 months to leave anything cancerous in my body, and risk mets. So I will continue to keep you posted as things develop. But that's where things stand right now. Thank you for asking, my friend!! ❤️❤️❤️

21 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

So I will continue to keep you posted as things develop. But that's where things stand right now. Thank you for asking, my friend!! ❤️❤️❤️

I am sorry to hear that there was something off, but I am glad you are persuing it and getting a second opinion rather than just wait 4months.  I get that it isn't something you are wanting to have surgery/treatment on, but you're right, you have come too far with your body/health to just ignore it and hope it gets better!  Praying for quick answers and wisdom in what to do and where to go etc.  ((HUGS))

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this stressful situation, @Nana Trish. You sure seem to have your head on straight about it. A second opinion sounds like a great idea. Thank you for keeping us updated. I think about and pray for you all the time.

On 1/10/2018 at 9:44 PM, CheeringCJ said:

interesting, I could pass up pizza a million times....isn't that funny how everyone has their own danger food.  I guess mine would be like potato salad/macaroni salad/cake and brownie batter, and cheese curls!  

I love to bake but omg batter!  I’m best mixing it and slapping it in a pan.  I could drink a mixing bowl of batter but the finished product, nah I’m good!  Chips?  Nope!  Pizza?  I dig the cheese and toppings off.  Daughter wants me to go with to a play zone/roller skating place but they have pizza and you have to pay for pizza.  Told her they would lose money on me: I can dig the toppings off several pieces, it’s the crust that fills people up!  I found something over the holidays that will not make a reappearance- everything flat pretzels.  I don’t even like pretzels.  But those were to die for! 

41 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Same here...can't see that machine 2 inches from my face...

I got results on Friday, but haven't posted them yet. My urologists words...the mass is "predominantly" benign, except the part that's not. I will be getting a second opinion as soon as I can figure out what type of doctor to seek out. Urological oncologist, nephrologist...I just don't know. She wants to wait 4 months and do a repeat MRI to see if "the part that's not" gets more dense. I'm not comfortable with that at all. I got rid of my thyroid because of cancer. I'm not in a rush AT ALL to have my kidney removed, but I also have not done everything that I have over the past 8 months to leave anything cancerous in my body, and risk mets. So I will continue to keep you posted as things develop. But that's where things stand right now. Thank you for asking, my friend!! ❤️❤️❤️

So sorry to hear this news, Trish. What horrible stuff you have to deal with lately. You have already proven that you are a strong person. There is no doubt in my mind that you will beat this.

Please keep on keeping us posted. (((Hugs)))

Just now, Readytobeme said:

So sorry to hear this news, Trish. What horrible stuff you have to deal with lately. You have already proven that you are a strong person. There is no doubt in my mind that you will beat this.

Please keep on keeping us posted. (((Hugs)))

Thank you, @Readytobeme :) 

I look at it like this. Ever since I found my way to my bariatric surgeon, by way of my back surgeon, all of this stuff has been found. Thyroid cancer in 2016, which actually made me postpone my bariatric surgery by almost a year the first time, then diverticulitis (during which they found the kidney mass), diagnosed with A Fib, and now this yes/no kidney cancer diagnosis. If it hadn't been for my bariatric surgeon, I don't think any of this would have been found, and if I hadn't had WLS, I don't know how well my body would have been able to withstand all of this. For the first time in my life, I have quality doctors and healthcare, and I'm taking control of who does what instead of letting them take the wheel. I can handle anything that gets hurled at me...healthwise anyway. So I'll take all of the hugs you've got, and knowing I've got all you guys with me on this journey makes me feel that much stronger and loved ❤️

2 minutes ago, Gretta said:

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this stressful situation, @Nana Trish. You sure seem to have your head on straight about it. A second opinion sounds like a great idea. Thank you for keeping us updated. I think about and pray for you all the time.

❤️❤️❤️ @Gretta (((hugs)))!!!

I have to have my head on straight with the health stuff, lol. There is too much of it to allow myself to slack off. I learned with my thyroid cancer to always get a second opinion. Not that they did anything wrong, because they didn't. But when you are having an organ (gland) removed, that serves as many functions as the thyroid, and they tell you all you have to do is take a pill for the rest of your life and you'll be fine...red flags all over the place! This surgeon (wonderfully skilled, btw) has no place giving that kind of advice to someone in that position. That pill might hormonally take the place of the thyroid, but it's nothing like the real thing. So from that point on, I promised myself that I would always get a second opinion. It would have been really helpful to know exactly what happens to your body when they take out your thyroid...BEFORE I let them take it. So now I ask questions first, and keep asking, until I'm satisfied I have all the information I need to make an informed decision. 

Thank you, thank you for all of your prayers!!! I'll take all you've got to give!!

15 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

I am sorry to hear that there was something off, but I am glad you are persuing it and getting a second opinion rather than just wait 4months.  I get that it isn't something you are wanting to have surgery/treatment on, but you're right, you have come too far with your body/health to just ignore it and hope it gets better!  Praying for quick answers and wisdom in what to do and where to go etc.  ((HUGS))

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

10 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

❤️❤️❤️ @Gretta It would have been really helpful to know exactly what happens to your body when they take out your thyroid...BEFORE I let them take it. So now I ask questions first, and keep asking, until I'm satisfied I have all the information I need to make an informed decision.

Soooo true! Having had thyroid cancer myself, I completely understand.

Just now, Gretta said:

Soooo true! Having had thyroid cancer myself, I completely understand.

Did I know we were thyca sisters?!? So you do get it then!! When did you have yours?

18 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Did I know we were thyca sisters?!? So you do get it then!! When did you have yours?

20 years ago when I was 19.

3 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Ugh, it's awful, isn't it @Ladybugzzz86? I wasn't overweight as a child, but it's an awful feeling being that much of a slave to food! I used to polish off an entire pizza at times, and then eat a pint of ice cream later that same day. Makes me sick now, just thinking about it.

Very much know what you mean Trish, and exactly how you felt. Part of me will 'miss' binging, but I am using that word very loosely here. Because I know for a fact that it is only the addiction that will miss it, not actually myself, and I must reinforce this thought process everyday. Who I am, and what the addiction made me do are two very different things, and NOT one and the same. Took me years to figure that one out :rolleyes:. Glad we all finally found our sanity:wub: 

15 minutes ago, Gretta said:

20 years ago when I was 19.

Oh man, that must have sucked big time! It's never a good time to have thyroid cancer (or any cancer), but especially when you're younger. You do RAI? 

8 minutes ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Very much know what you mean Trish, and exactly how you felt. Part of me will 'miss' binging, but I am using that word very loosely here. Because I know for a fact that it is only the addiction that will miss it, not actually myself, and I must reinforce this thought process everyday. Who I am, and what the addiction made me do are two very different things, and NOT one and the same. Took me years to figure that one out :rolleyes:. Glad we all finally found our sanity:wub: 

You are wise, grasshopper!! Lol :) You're right...addiction can make you do horrible things to yourself. But you are NOT your addiction, and you will overcome it!

Trish, I’m so sorry that the results show something amiss. I’m really glad that you’re taking a proactive approach and seeking answers rather than waiting - take charge and do what’s best for you and your health. 

It’s been a whirlwind for you in the last while. My hope is that things calm down for you soon.

Just now, Jen581791 said:

Trish, I’m so sorry that the results show something amiss. I’m really glad that you’re taking a proactive approach and seeking answers rather than waiting - take charge and do what’s best for you and your health. 

It’s been a whirlwind for you in the last while. My hope is that things calm down for you soon.

Thank you, @Jen581791 :wub:

Everything will be fine, no matter what happens. If it's one thing my life has never been...it's calm, lol. Gotta be proactive when it comes to this stuff. Plus I'm not a patient person, and I don't like wasting time. So I'm just like, "Let's get this show on the road, already!" :D

7 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Parmesan crisps...ahh I remember them well! Hubby made them a few times while I was on my pre op diet. Needless to say, he does not make them anymore. I can usually control myself with cheese, but they were just too good :) 

I found out about Parmesan crisps about five months postop. I thought I could have a few as a snack. Not only did I eat the whole bag, I was a fart machine for the entire evening. My husband was begging me to buy fart trapping underwear. :D

7 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

I think we had the overweight discussion when either @Jen581791 or @NerdyToothpick reached overweight status (I'm sorry I can't remember which one of you it was, ladies ❤️) And there was some talk of making/selling "I'm overweight" t-shirts? Lol...I want my t-shirt now!! :P

And way to go on almost being overweight!! It's great!!! Lololol :) 

*taking a bow*

Me! Me!! That was me. :D