Nana Trish

I’m overweight now!!

Hooray for the good news about your new category, Trish! What a great feeling. I hope you're doing something to celebrate :) 

giphy.gif

Best, best, best of luck on the MRI. Keep us posted. Sending good vibes your way across the planet from Oman. 

Edited by Jen581791

that is way cool, Trish!!! (I didn't have time to read all the posts after your initial one, but it is on the second page, so i do have to wonder, did poor little Harper get his lunch?!?! hahaha!)

praying for good results on your MRI...keep us posted!  

Just now, CheeringCJ said:

that is way cool, Trish!!! (I didn't have time to read all the posts after your initial one, but it is on the second page, so i do have to wonder, did poor little Harper get his lunch?!?! hahaha!)

praying for good results on your MRI...keep us posted!  

Lol yes, Harper got his lunch :) He had chicken and tomatoes, with a few cheezits. He has a very healthy appetite! My husband fed him breakfast today, and gave him an arrowroot buscuit to munch on while fixing his meal. Harper saw hubby cutting up a banana, and he threw the biscuit on the floor, and took the bite he just ate out of his mouth and threw THAT on the floor :lol:

He really loves bananas.....

Thanks for the prayers, I will definitely keep you posted ❤️ I don't expect results tomorrow, but I'm hoping Friday or at the latest, Monday. 

5 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

Hooray for the good news about your new category, Trish! What a great feeling. I hope you're doing something to celebrate :) 

giphy.gif

Best, best, best of luck on the MRI. Keep us posted. Sending good vibes your way across the planet from Oman. 

Thanks, Jen!! I celebrated by getting back on plan and screwing my head on straight, lol ❤️

Ive never had anyone send good vibes from the other side of the world!! I feel special :wub: Thank you!!

1 hour ago, Aussie H said:

@Nana Trish believe me I will take it slow. I rarely been home since the call, and today is another scorcher here so won't be doing anything. Back to the city on the weekend as I have to see my new (old) doctor again. It's a 4 hour drive each way but hopefully worth it if I get quality care again. I'll get the report then, he just mentioned it as I walked in wearing the moonboot still. Last visit he was working through all the older medical records, so we haven't really touched on the recent stuff yet....including the RNY as well as the foot surgery. I was a tad annoyed that he started with the old stuff that I didn't think mattered instead of the current stuff that clearly is what needs to be managed. That said I did choose to return to him because he's thorough.

Oh and joy of joys, my idiot dietician dumped me yesterday as she's moving interstate  next week. So no more poor advice from her that I've been told to listen to but ignore!!!!

Oh boy, that all sounds very complicated! I envision your doctor sitting at his desk with your medical records strewn all across it, scratching his head, whispering "help me!" Lol :) 

In all seriousness, I hope things get organized quickly, and that 4 hour drive is worth it!!

So, no more idiot dietician?!? We are doing a happy dance because of that, right? Woot woot!! 

does having cheezits in your house cause a big temptation?  I personally don't like them but I do have to not have things in house like cheese curls and stuff.  But if I was desperately seeking for something during a munch attack, I might down cheezits....or anything hoping to find that fix.....hopefully I can change that thinking (so far so good) but I'd be scared to have them around now.

12 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Thanks, Jen!! I celebrated by getting back on plan and screwing my head on straight, lol ❤️

Ive never had anyone send good vibes from the other side of the world!! I feel special :wub: Thank you!!

They're traveling more than 7000 miles to get to you, so good thing they're big, strong ones!

does having cheezits in your house cause a big temptation?  I personally don't like them but I do have to not have things in house like cheese curls and stuff.  But if I was desperately seeking for something during a munch attack, I might down cheezits....or anything hoping to find that fix.....hopefully I can change that thinking (so far so good) but I'd be scared to have them around now.

Technically they aren't around my house...my daughter and grandson live in our basement apartment, and she keeps them down there. She just brings a baggie of them with his food for the day. They don't really bother me. I wasn't a big cracker/chip eater, unless I was on a serious binge pre WLS. The stuff I can't have in the house are cookies, cake, couscous, snickers bars and ice cream. Pizza is also a really tough one for me, but only from one specific restaurant. Dominos or Pizza Hut don't bother me, but we have a restaurant that makes the best pizza I've ever had, and having that in the house would be seriously dangerous. 

Just now, Jen581791 said:

They're traveling more than 7000 miles to get to you, so good thing they're big, strong ones!

I have never really traveled, per se, so that is mind boggling to me!! Thank you, thank you!! ❤️❤️❤️

1 minute ago, Nana Trish said:

Oh boy, that all sounds very complicated! I envision your doctor sitting at his desk with your medical records strewn all across it, scratching his head, whispering "help me!" Lol :) 

In all seriousness, I hope things get organized quickly, and that 4 hour drive is worth it!!

So, no more idiot dietician?!? We are doing a happy dance because of that, right? Woot woot!! 

Definite happy dance at no more dietician. She really was totally unprepared for a bariatric patient. I suspect most of her clientele are diabetics needing to lose weight. While she was honest about her inexperience up front, she thought she was gods gift!

Not quite strewn over his desk. His PA had scanned it all into his computer so he was scrolling through each document one by one. He doesn't even have it all, certainly none of the previous WLS stuff, nor my crash and burn stuff from soon after. I know I'm gonna have to go there though because he did suggest I was hiding something that I might be better off revealing at the next appointment.....not sure what he's got though but was surprised by some stuff he dug up on my husband when he was his patient. Seems doctors have access to lots of stuff we don't know about these days.....bugger online records at times!!!

Good luck with your MRI. I don't envy you that. Just having one foot in that machine made me feel like I couldn't handle one where my body had to actually be in that tight hole.

Just now, Aussie H said:

Definite happy dance at no more dietician. She really was totally unprepared for a bariatric patient. I suspect most of her clientele are diabetics needing to lose weight. While she was honest about her inexperience up front, she thought she was gods gift!

Not quite strewn over his desk. His PA had scanned it all into his computer so he was scrolling through each document one by one. He doesn't even have it all, certainly none of the previous WLS stuff, nor my crash and burn stuff from soon after. I know I'm gonna have to go there though because he did suggest I was hiding something that I might be better off revealing at the next appointment.....not sure what he's got though but was surprised by some stuff he dug up on my husband when he was his patient. Seems doctors have access to lots of stuff we don't know about these days.....bugger online records at times!!!

Good luck with your MRI. I don't envy you that. Just having one foot in that machine made me feel like I couldn't handle one where my body had to actually be in that tight hole.

They usually do open MRI's over here if you're a claustrophobic person, which I am...severely...and they asked me about it today when they called. So fingers crossed :blink: I've had MRI's for my back in the past that have lasted close to an hour, so I'm hoping this one doesn't last nearly that long. 

I figured your records weren't literally all over his desk, lol...that was just the image that flashed through my mind. He suggested you were hiding something? Probably more like something you had forgotten to tell him when you switched to his office. Unless you have a serious cocaine habit or are secretly a flying monkey, I doubt you have anything to worry about, lol! 

Im joining you in your happy dance...buh bye, dietician!! Don't let the door smack you in the a&& on the way out!!

10 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Technically they aren't around my house...my daughter and grandson live in our basement apartment, and she keeps them down there. She just brings a baggie of them with his food for the day. They don't really bother me. I wasn't a big cracker/chip eater, unless I was on a serious binge pre WLS. The stuff I can't have in the house are cookies, cake, couscous, snickers bars and ice cream. Pizza is also a really tough one for me, but only from one specific restaurant. Dominos or Pizza Hut don't bother me, but we have a restaurant that makes the best pizza I've ever had, and having that in the house would be seriously dangerous. 

interesting, I could pass up pizza a million times....isn't that funny how everyone has their own danger food.  I guess mine would be like potato salad/macaroni salad/cake and brownie batter, and cheese curls!  

interesting, I could pass up pizza a million times....isn't that funny how everyone has their own danger food.  I guess mine would be like potato salad/macaroni salad/cake and brownie batter, and cheese curls!  

Oh man...you just reminded me of a few more...lol. Definitely potato/macaroni salad, chocolate chip cookie dough (the cake and brownie batter I'm ok with, but once you bake that up, I'm all over it!! WITH vanilla ice cream...while it's still warm...) This conversation is becoming seriously dangerous!! Lol :) I think I'll go have my sad little Greek yogurt now, lmao :lol:

Just now, Nana Trish said:

Oh man...you just reminded me of a few more...lol. Definitely potato/macaroni salad, chocolate chip cookie dough (the cake and brownie batter I'm ok with, but once you bake that up, I'm all over it!! WITH vanilla ice cream...while it's still warm...) This conversation is becoming seriously dangerous!! Lol :) I think I'll go have my sad little Greek yogurt now, lmao :lol:

I'll just go back to finishing my water before bed! haha!  (but I love choc chip cookie dough)

I'll just go back to finishing my water before bed! haha!  (but I love choc chip cookie dough)

I used to make a batch of cc cookie dough, just to eat it raw, back in my binging days...oh my stomach hurts just thinking about the sheer volume of sugar I used to put in my body...in one sitting! No wonder I couldn't get my blood sugar below 500, even with 2 different insulins! 

Enjoy that water, my friend :) Your body will thank you for it ❤️

@Nana Trish I don't deliberately hide anything, but I do have a pretty efficient self-emptying trash bin in my brain. If something bothers me that I'm powerless to change, in it goes. Family dysfunction...into the trash bin. Past problems that have been dealt with....gone!!!  The reason I never told him certain stuff when I was his patient before was either because he didn't ask, I thought it irrelevant, or I had completely forgotten. That was the case with my previous WLS.....I know it must seem strange to people here, but in all seriousness at some stage I completely forgot about it. After all it was 30+ years in the past and really didn't impact my current life in any way until recently. It was only when a surgeon saw the scar and asked what it was from that I remembered I'd had it. I told him then. I don't think this doctor wants any more 30+ year old surprises coming back to into play. He's right that there were some major health issues in my past that I've never discussed with him, but not because  I was hiding them, rather I believe they are irrelevant  given they go back over 30 years ago.

Congrats overweight girl !!  Sorry to hear other things are not so well. Pray you get good news

9 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

I used to make a batch of cc cookie dough, just to eat it raw, back in my binging days...oh my stomach hurts just thinking about the sheer volume of sugar I used to put in my body...in one sitting! No wonder I couldn't get my blood sugar below 500, even with 2 different insulins! 

Enjoy that water, my friend :) Your body will thank you for it ❤️

been there, done that!!! I even figured a way to make it w/o egg, just so I could eat it....just melted butter, brown sugar, flour and choc chips....I'd make a good amount of it when i was home alone and hide it in the veggie drawer  (a safe hiding place from my family....LOL!) for later on....only many times I would eat all of it!  What I did to my body....poor thing, it must've hated me! Now I thought it would hate me for sending such a little amount of food down, BUT it hasn't said anything....it just rewards me with dropping weight!

And you know I am looking at the topic and thinking how EXCITING it is for us to be OVERWEIGHT when most of the world would be like EEEKS, I'M OVERWEIGHT!....what a perspective shift, huh?  I can't wait to be overweight! LOL!  I looked up my BMI yesterday and it was 34.2!    I only have another 30# to lose to reach overweight status! :) 

@Nana Trish As usual I’m in a rush but I wanted to congratulate you!! Big hugs. Let us know about the MRI, ‘k?

On 10/01/2018 at 11:54 PM, Nana Trish said:

Enjoy that water, my friend   Your body will thank you for it ❤️

I totally admit to doing the same thing... Did it for the first time when I was 8, after my parents went to bed. Amazing what we do to ourselves sometimes.... My other big downfall was pizza, with extra cheese, or poutine with extra cheese. Basically everything with extra cheese haha. 

Maybe I should be avoiding cheese altogether now that I think about it <_<

2 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

I totally admit to doing the same thing... Did it for the first time when I was 8, after my parents went to bed. Amazing what we do to ourselves sometimes.... My other big downfall was pizza, with extra cheese, or poutine with extra cheese. Basically everything with extra cheese haha. 

Maybe I should be avoiding cheese altogether now that I think about it <_<

I'm another cheese addict and it's probably the one thing that I've struggled to control.  1oz of cheese - I mean, seriously - that's just the size of a pair of dice - not even a mouthful.

If you put a pizza in front of me right now, I can promise that the only part I'd eat would be the cheese off the top.  And that takes me to my tale of the one and only time that I made cheese chips (with shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano).  I ate every single one over the course of 15 minutes.  Needless to say - I haven't made them since. 

1 minute ago, cinwa said:

I'm another cheese addict and it's probably the one thing that I've struggled to control.  1oz of cheese - I mean, seriously - that's just the size of a pair of dice - not even a mouthful.

If you put a pizza in front of me right now, I can promise that the only part I'd eat would be the cheese off the top.  And that takes me to my tale of the one and only time that I made cheese chips (with shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano).  I ate every single one over the course of 15 minutes.  Needless to say - I haven't made them since. 

Lmao I know what you mean! if I were to have cheese right now I know I would loose all control. So being this far out from your WLS, what works best for you? I would hate to have to avoid it altogether, but if that is what needs to be done I guess I won't have much choice there  

11 minutes ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

.... So being this far out from your WLS, what works best for you? I would hate to have to avoid it altogether, but if that is what needs to be done I guess I won't have much choice there  

I stick with the programme, weigh/measure everything with calories and exercise every single day (3 miles on a treadmill + some yoga/pilates).

On 1/11/2018 at 12:07 AM, Aussie H said:

@Nana Trish I don't deliberately hide anything, but I do have a pretty efficient self-emptying trash bin in my brain. If something bothers me that I'm powerless to change, in it goes. Family dysfunction...into the trash bin. Past problems that have been dealt with....gone!!!  The reason I never told him certain stuff when I was his patient before was either because he didn't ask, I thought it irrelevant, or I had completely forgotten. That was the case with my previous WLS.....I know it must seem strange to people here, but in all seriousness at some stage I completely forgot about it. After all it was 30+ years in the past and really didn't impact my current life in any way until recently. It was only when a surgeon saw the scar and asked what it was from that I remembered I'd had it. I told him then. I don't think this doctor wants any more 30+ year old surprises coming back to into play. He's right that there were some major health issues in my past that I've never discussed with him, but not because  I was hiding them, rather I believe they are irrelevant  given they go back over 30 years ago.

Oh geez, @Aussie H :) I hope you didn't think I was implying that you hid things from your doc ❤️ I have the same issues with either forgetting things or not feeling that they are relevant to the situation. But I guess everything health related is relevant at some point, ugh...

I have to literally carry my phone to each appointment because I have a list of all medical procedures I've ever had done, current and past meds, current and past conditions, etc. on the notes in my phone. It's a very long list :wacko:When the radiology tech called me to go over things before my MRI, she was asking those questions and I couldn't access my notes. I could only remember 2 things. 

It doesn't seem strange to me that you forgot about it at all. But I may be the odd man out on that because my memory is Swiss cheese, lol, and I'm only 50 (51 in less than 3 months now :huh:) Maybe consider making a tangible list to carry with you, so your doc doesn't have anymore 30+ year old surprises to expect!! Lol :)