A good friend suggested CBD oil as a migraine pain reliever. I know next to nothing about CBD oils. Has anyone tried them and found success?

Great for sleep. I don’t have migraines (fortunately!) so I can’t comment on that, but it doesn’t make me feel funny, just calms me down. I know a lot of people who say it’ll cure anything, but I’d take that with a grain of salt, but no harm in trying.

I have used it for my tendinitis. If my pain is 4 out of 10. It will take it down to a 2. There is some relief but nothing major. 

I have migraines and I take Maxalt the moment I see the aura. I then take narcotics. Based on my experience with CBD for my tendinitis, I would only use it for a migraine if I didn't have my narcotics. Nothing other than the combo of Maxalt and serious pain pills works for me. I've tried everything: all of the OTC pills, ice packs, essential oils, hands and feet in hot water, drinking too much and swinging from a chandelier. None of these treatments work for me. 

7 hours ago, Stephtay said:

swinging from a chandelier

Way to be thorough! :) 

On 1/10/2018 at 11:29 AM, Stephtay said:

I have used it for my tendinitis. If my pain is 4 out of 10. It will take it down to a 2. There is some relief but nothing major. 

I have migraines and I take Maxalt the moment I see the aura. I then take narcotics. Based on my experience with CBD for my tendinitis, I would only use it for a migraine if I didn't have my narcotics. Nothing other than the combo of Maxalt and serious pain pills works for me. I've tried everything: all of the OTC pills, ice packs, essential oils, hands and feet in hot water, drinking too much and swinging from a chandelier. None of these treatments work for me. 

I’ve chased migraine treatment for as long as I can remember. Maxalt was my friend for a very brief period. I now use a med called Sydolil. It’s quite effective but not available for sale in the USA. I was prescribed Sydolil by my surgeon in Mexico and it’s fantastic! I’m hunting around for other options before my current supply runs out. 

@Jen581791 @Stephtay Thanks for the feedback, ladies!

On 10/01/2018 at 3:02 AM, NerdyToothpick said:

A good friend suggested CBD oil as a migraine pain reliever. I know next to nothing about CBD oils. Has anyone tried them and found success?

Hey there. I have been on various types of medical cannabis over the past three years. In my experience it is Definitely worth a try. Easy on the body, little to no side effects for most, and it can help with many ailments. The only thing is that you will have to play around with the different types available. For my chronic back pain, a high CBD, low THC Sativa works well for me, does not give me the high feeling, and has an added antiinflammatory effect in addition to a mild muscle relaxant. 

Now taking the oil by itself may not fix everything for you, but using it along with something else might give you the relief that you are looking for. Be sure to go with a highly respected company, as these are more likely to work with you in finding one that will work, because it can get confusing.

Last point I wanted to mention is to be aware that sometimes you can get the munchies from using cannabis products. But as long as you are aware of it, you should be able to get over that pretty easily. 

I hope this helps you some, and feel free to message me anytime if I can help you with any other questions you may have about it. Peace out B)

7 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I’ve chased migraine treatment for as long as I can remember. Maxalt was my friend for a very brief period. I now use a med called Sydolil. It’s quite effective but not available for sale in the USA. I was prescribed Sydolil by my surgeon in Mexico and it’s fantastic! I’m hunting around for other options before my current supply runs out. 

Cafergot is a brand name in the US that has the same ingredients (Caffeine and Ergotamine).  It's been around forever but I don't know how much it's used anymore.

12 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Hey there. I have been on various types of medical cannabis over the past three years. In my experience it is Definitely worth a try. Easy on the body, little to no side effects for most, and it can help with many ailments. The only thing is that you will have to play around with the different types available. For my chronic back pain, a high CBD, low THC Sativa works well for me, does not give me the high feeling, and has an added antiinflammatory effect in addition to a mild muscle relaxant. 

Now taking the oil by itself may not fix everything for you, but using it along with something else might give you the relief that you are looking for. Be sure to go with a highly respected company, as these are more likely to work with you in finding one that will work, because it can get confusing.

Last point I wanted to mention is to be aware that sometimes you can get the munchies from using cannabis products. But as long as you are aware of it, you should be able to get over that pretty easily. 

I hope this helps you some, and feel free to message me anytime if I can help you with any other questions you may have about it. Peace out B)

Thank you @Ladybugzzz86! I will follow up with you for sure. :)