NerdyToothpick

Headache help?

I stupidly left home without my prescription migraine meds. Anyone have any suggestions for OTC headache meds suitable for gastric bypass patients? Tylenol does zero for me. I don’t want to go to urgent care but I can’t take this headache much longer. Help!

I'm sorry you're dealing with a migraine. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is the best of the OTC pain relief medication.  But I have to agree with you , it's not very effective for pain after a bypass. 

36 minutes ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I stupidly left home without my prescription migraine meds. Anyone have any suggestions for OTC headache meds suitable for gastric bypass patients? Tylenol does zero for me. I don’t want to go to urgent care but I can’t take this headache much longer. Help!

you left home just for the afternoon or for days?  if it was days, you might be able to have your dr call a script into a local pharmacy for a few pills.  (or you can maybe just ask for one if you really need it).  

3 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

I am so sorry.  Hope you are feeling better and got some good meds.

I am so very sorry.  According to postings on the internet, drinking beverages with caffeine may help the Tylenol be more effective for migraine relief.   

By the way, if your prescription is through Walgreens or another nationwide pharmacy chain you should be able to refill it out of state.  

3 minutes ago, Res Ipsa said:

I am so very sorry.  According to postings on the internet, drinking beverages with caffeine may help the Tylenol be more effective for migraine relief.   

By the way, if your prescription is through Walgreens or another nationwide pharmacy chain you should be able to refill it out of state.  

Unless it's a controlled substance...

Agreed on the caffeine, it helps sometimes.  Ice sometimes helps as well.

So sorry! Migraines are so horrible! I know people who swear by this method:

https://healthyliving.azcentral.com/how-to-stop-a-migraine-with-hot-water-and-an-ice-pack-12185985.html

Thanks for all of your suggestions. Unfortunately, my meds are not only a controlled substance but prescribed by my surgeon in Mexico. I could pop by his office for a refill, but I’d have to drive across the border. I’m not up to more travel today  

I’ve been chugging espresso and I’ve gotten a bit of relief. I’m going to try @Gretta‘s Trick. If it doesn’t work, I may have to go to urgent care. Blerg. 

NT - checking in to see how you're doing.

:(:(:(

I hope radio silence means you're sleeping it off and not ar urgent care.

I feel so loved!

My migraine has subsided a bit. I wish I could say that I was resting but I spent the day dealing with an angry toddler. I have been mainlining espresso and that has helped. I appreciate all the care and attention!

So sorry I missed this!! And I'm sorry you were suffering, my friend :(

I hope that you got relief earlier in the week, but now that you're home hopefully you're all better!! (((Hugs))) ❤️