Lisa_Lisa5678

Looking for a VSG buddy Surgery on Jan 16th

Anyone else? I start my pre-op diet on the 11th.  Kinda freaking out a bit. 

I am already post op (9wks) and we had a lot of ppl get their surgery in November and it was great to go through it together.  We didn't all have it the same day but it helped to be newbies together.  Make sure you put your surgery date on our calendar here so that you can find out who else is having surgery in January and that will be helpful.  I was so confident that this was what i wanted that I didn't freak out at all, I was just super excited once I finally got the date!  

Thanks so much!!! 

Hey Lisa, just hang out here with us. If you are active on this forum, you will have a bunch of surgery buddies. Best of all there are many vets here that will help you along the way.

My surgery is not until mid March.

Welcome @Lisa_Lisa5678. There are so many supportive and helpful people here - take a look around the forum and blogs and feel free to ask questions.

Me please!

We are surgery date twins!

I’m with you!  I’m in on Tues (Jan 16) Excited/scared, but ready to start this journey. Not totally looking forward to this prep day,  it it will all be behind us soon.  

Hooray! Make sure we all check in. We have this!!! :)

Good luck guys !!

Will be keeping you all in my thoughts. Do check in when you are able to.

So how are the 1/16 surgery partners doing?  4 days post op here and feeling OK.  Having a hard time getting enough protein drinks down so been down to less than 400 calories these last two days and not feeling too peppy today.  I’m walking at least 5 minutes of every hour.  My incisions are feeling better and turning over in bed is easier but I feel a bit dull and listless sort of like when I have a cold. I’m hoping today is a hump day and tomorrow will be better.

I just posted on your other question about being normal, but just another thought...my Dr/NUT weren't as concerned that I made my quota for the first two weeks....they just wanted me to do the best i could (they didn't even push the vit/calcium etc those weeks)

Me!!! My date was 1/15/18!!!!  How are things going?