Ladybugzzz86

One month, but got to start somewhere ;)

So I am still in the very lethargic stage of my journey (with some constipation issues that sure don't help (TMI, I know)) lol, but no worse than I was prior to starting my lifestyle change in all honesty. At the beginning I thought I was going to starve to death, funny how accustomed we become to our own values and beliefs - even when we are WAY off in left field with some of them. First picture was taken November 28th, and second one was December 28th. I had my operation on December 12, and added that pic too for the fun of it (i had a few bad days there post-op, as I am sure you can tell). 

I am starting to feel so much better about myself, not because of the weight loss, but because I finally feel like I am just starting to find myself again. Feels good to jump off that food obsession train, even if it means getting some bumps and bruises along the way. 

Height 5'9"

Starting weight 334lbs

Current weight 299lbs

phpmIGQFLPM.jpg

timeline20171230_152548.jpg

IMG_20171213_094143472-1.jpg

good for you!  Glad you're smiling and seem happy!  it's a great journey, and I love being on it too!

ps love the hospital shot, that is about how I felt too! haha!

Thanks for sharing the pictures, Lady. Did you have problems post op? Just wondering why you were on oxygen. Inquiring minds and all.

What a great start! Your attitude is fantastic, and that will serve you well throughout the process. No more 300s for you. That's awesome!!!!

Thanks for the comments guys, had to push myself to post them lol. But now you are making me feel very glad that I did. Goodbye 300's :D!!!

@Readytobeme, ended up going into, what they think is, hypovolemic shock. Had tachycardia, 02 saturation was around 82%, and my bp went to the floor. Not going to lie, was pretty scary, and had an awful nurse that day that just walked away from me after taking my vitals and did not say a word... Was not impressed. None the less, had a two liter bolus of fluids and was stablized  OK after that, just had to watch my 02. I think I had a little bit of stridor from the measuring tool they put down your throat into your stomach, my throat was very irritated for a good week. And I don't mind the questions BTW, no worries at all. :)

So you lost a lot of blood? How experienced was your surgeon?

This is scary stuff!

What causes hypovolemic shock?

Hypovolemic shock results from significant and sudden blood or fluid losses within your body. Blood loss of this magnitude can occur because of:

Edited by Readytobeme

My doc was really good although hard to communicate with, not a big talker .. But i guess you dont have to be while working in an OR all day lol. Blood loss is very normal for this procedure, and upon reading my discharge paperwork, minimal blood loss was noted.

So at the end of the day, it was more than likely due to a combination of things: some blood loss, a bit of dehydration, and of course the overall shock to my body. As much as you can prepare your mind, preparing your body for an invasive procedure is a little harder lol. 

But worry not! This isn't a very common thing to happen. Just do your best to stay hydrated prior to your operation, and carefully watch the sodium intake in your soups. My favorite one, being Lipton chicken noodle, meets your daily requirements of sodium if you ate the whole pkg yourself - yikes! 

Thanks for that info. I am so sensitive to salt now that I make sure that my food is all low sodium or sodium free. Here is a tidbit of info in case you didn't know. Organic canned low sodium and even just organic canned or packaged foods are all low sodium. Even more than the stuff that is labeled low sodium.

Good to know! I have been going for the sodium reduced/free whenever possible, but had no idea about the organic options. Will be sure to look for them on my next shopping trip. Been really good lately and have been making my own soup for the most part, but I always like to have a few premade cans around when I'm just not quite feeling up to the task.:D

14 minutes ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Good to know! I have been going for the sodium reduced/free whenever possible, but had no idea about the organic options. Will be sure to look for them on my next shopping trip. Been really good lately and have been making my own soup for the most part, but I always like to have a few premade cans around when I'm just not quite feeling up to the task.:D

I was buying low sodium broth for a long time. I could not believe the HUGE difference in the low sodium organic broth. I always check sodium content on any packaged food. I do like to make my own soups though.

Tortilla chips were another thing. The organic (not even low sodium) are very low in sodium. Just for a few examples

Edited by Readytobeme

Your pics look great! And congrats on joining twoterville :) Bye bye, 300's! 

4 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

Your pics look great! And congrats on joining twoterville :) Bye bye, 300's! 

Thanks @Nana Trish :rolleyes: been a while since I have been back to twoterville, I think I will enjoy my stay :lol:

Congrats on your loss so far!  And the great pics!  You look ready for success.  :)  Your hospital pic cracks me up - I remember that feeling sooooo well.  I took one too, and I look so very, very high in it.  I'm sorry you had complications, but it sounds like you're on the other side of it and doing great now!

I had no sodium issues prior to surgery, though I was kind of a salt-a-holic, and I don't follow any specific restrictions now, either.  I have noticed, though, that I'm getting a ton less salt than I ever did before, just because what I'm eating is so very different.  I was actually advised to UP my salt intake about a month out from surgery, when I had some minor light-headedness and lethargy.  I would say my relationship with my salt shaker is still pretty strong, but the food itself doesn't come pre-salted usually, so it's a net win in that department.

On 1/7/2018 at 2:47 PM, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Thanks @Nana Trish :rolleyes: been a while since I have been back to twoterville, I think I will enjoy my stay :lol:

I hear ya!! I hadn’t been to twoterville in 6 years prior to WLS, and before that I hung out at 288 for 5 years. Having that 3 drop off the front of your weight is awesome!!

@Nana Trish won’t be long til you are at your goal!  Gonna revise;)

And LB looking good, glad things are getting better!

Edited by Cheesehead

Just now, Cheesehead said:

@Nana Trish won’t be long til you are at your goal!  Gonna revise;)

And LB looking good, glad things are getting better!

Given my recent behavior, it's going to take me longer than it would have to get there, @Cheesehead...but I'll get there. I'd probably already be at goal if I had been behaving myself ;)

Yes, I plan on revising it a bit once I hit 175...not sure how much yet, but probably closer to 160-165 :) 

I think this forum needs a wow reaction button! Cause wow are you ever close to your goal weight @Nana Trish. Amazes me that our new tools help us SO much, considering all the struggles I am sure we have all been through with the endless diets. Which often, at least for me, left me worse off when I finally did decide to give up on the newest fad diet yet again. 

So keep your chin up and stay strong ;) you DESERVE this!

Nice spot @Cheesehead ;) , and ty for the compliment :D I've lost a few more pounds since that pic, but I worry it is more muscle loss this time where my intake was nonexistent for a little bit there.  Nausea, vomiting, NPO by Dr orders, all that good stuff....But I will just have to work harder to get it back as soon as I land on my feet again.

And thanks for your post @Kio:) I didn't realize I did have a salt problem until jumping into this journey really. Not that I miss it when I make my own food, but didn't really care about how much was in the premade meals that I would conveniently add go my freezer :blink:

Edited by Ladybugzzz86

Just now, Ladybugzzz86 said:

I think this forum needs a wow reaction button! Cause wow are you ever close to your goal weight @Nana Trish. Amazes me that our new tools help us SO much, considering all the struggles I am sure we have all been through with the endless diets. Which often, at least for me, left me worse off when I finally decide to give up on the newest fad diet yet again. 

So keep your chin up and stay strong ;) you DESERVE this! Nice spot @Cheesehead ;) , and ty for the compliment :D I've lost a few more pounds since that pic, but I worry it is more muscle loss this time where my intake was nonexistent for a little bit there. But I will just work harder to get it back as soon as I land on my feet again.

Thank you, sweetie :wub: I'm right there, lol...but I'm right on par with screwing up just as I'm about to reach a goal!! And yes, endless diets, lost hundreds of pounds, and gained them all back...PLUS some! Not this time though! Even if I never lose another pound, I will not gain this weight back :D

I'm starting to lift my chin up off the floor, finally...it's been a looong 5 weeks! I feel better today than I have in a while, so hopefully the dark cloud is lifting, and I can get back to business B)

Cheesehead is right...looking good, girl!

Looking good! You’re going to have some killer cheekbones, I think :) Glad you’re feeling positive despite your spleen problem. I hope that is resolved soon.

Cheekbones? What are these things you call... Cheekbones.... Hrmmmm lol! Can't say I remember ever seeing them, so that comment got me super excited Jen <3 ty for that :D

And thanks again @Nana Trish and @Cheesehead. Not to sound weird guys, but have you ever worried at all that you might miss your fat at all? I think I should invest in some body pillows until my mind readjusts to its surroundings lol. How ironic...

Edited by Ladybugzzz86
Typo, as usual ...

Lol, I wonder about that too.....I call it my fat blanket!

Comforts me when I need a hug 

Heats me when I'm cold

Protects me from people

I think I might need to buy a HUGE wool blanket to replace it!

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

Lol, I wonder about that too.....I call it my fat blanket!

Comforts me when I need a hug 

Heats me when I'm cold

Protects me from people

I think I might need to buy a HUGE wool blanket to replace it!

Loving this idea.... Must invest in one so I don't fall off the wagon down the road and invest in kraft dinner instead xD

13 hours ago, Ladybugzzz86 said:

Cheekbones? What are these things you call... Cheekbones.... Hrmmmm lol! Can't say I remember ever seeing them, so that comment got me super excited Jen <3 ty for that :D

And thanks again @Nana Trish and @Cheesehead. Not to sound weird guys, but have you ever worried at all that you might miss your fat at all? I think I should invest in some body pillows until my mind readjusts to its surroundings lol. How ironic...

Cheekbones are those wonderful things hiding underneath that beautiful "extra" face skin, lol...just like your collar bones, wrist, hip and hand bones! 

And HELL NO!! I won't...don't, actually, miss my fat! And the thing I was most worried about, physically...the loose skin...is almost likeable? Every time I notice more loose skin or wrinkles on my bat wings, stomach or thighs, I know more weight/inches are falling off :) The only thing I actually miss? The days before WLS when my boobs didn't drag on the floor :lol:

Edited by Nana Trish

22 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Cheekbones are those wonderful things hiding underneath that beautiful "extra" face skin, lol...just like your collar bones, wrist, hip and hand bones! 

And HELL NO!! I won't...don't, actually, miss my fat! And the thing I was most worried about, physically...the loose skin...is almost likeable? Every time I notice more loose skin or wrinkles on my bat wings, stomach or thighs, I know more weight/inches are falling off :) The only thing I actually miss? The days before WLS when my boobs didn't drag on the floor :lol:

Trish, ME EITHER....I haven't missed a single ounce yet...I never liked my fat and it never liked me back!!!  So, good riddance, old enemy....Hit the road Fat and don't you come back no more, no more, no more, no more! :D

Lmao good to know guys, TY. I think what is playing with my mind is that I don't recall a time in my life where I have ever been at least "above average" size, so it will be interesting trying to adjust my self-image/esteem to match the new and improved Bugzzzy Version 2.0 :lol:. Still really looking forward to it though. Guess its just like most other things in life-fear of the unknown. 

I notice the skin in my stomach becoming much more loose, so I think that is going to be my main problem area for extra skin. I don't think it will bother me as much as the big gut does. Boob fallage on the other hand, going to make me a little sad.. The poor gals lol

Edited by Ladybugzzz86