• Welcome to Thinner Times Gary.  Great to hear that you are doing well after VSG.  How much have you lost to date?

Welcome, Gary! Nice to have you here :) 

Congrats on the surgery, and I'm so happy you've had no problems post op. We are here to help in any way we can :) 

15 minutes ago, GaryinJacksonville said:

Hello All...

My name is Gary, and I'm from Jacksonville, FL. I had sleeve surgery on 12/05. I have had zero problems and am doing well. Hoping to learn some things to assist me in losing as much as I can.

Gary 

Welcome, Gary. This is great news to hear that you have had zero problems. I am inching closer to my sleeve surgery and good news is always a confidence booster.

Looking forward to following you along your journey.

Welcome to TTF! I'm glad to hear you're doing well so far. I hope you'll find some good information and support here on this forum. There are a lot of great people here :) 

Welcome to TTF Gary!

On 1/1/2018 at 6:56 PM, cinwa said:
  • Welcome to Thinner Times Gary.  Great to heat that you are doing well after VSG.  How much have you lost to date?

One month before surgery (11/05) I weighed 445. On Sun (12/31) I weighed 403. 

7 hours ago, GaryinJacksonville said:

Great job so far!  If you stick with the post op diet you will continue to lose weight, although weight loss stalls and a decrease in the monthly weight loss rate are normal. Just believe in the system and in yourself, and you really can become thin, more healthy and more active.

We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey!  

9 hours ago, GaryinJacksonville said:

That's an outstanding start Gary - congratulations!

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on beginning your new gloriously healthy life!

Welcome, Gary! Did you have the surgery in Jax? I lived there for 10 years starting in 1996. I lived in South Jax Beach.

51 minutes ago, Lacy02 said:

Hi I'm new here and loving reading everyone's stories. I'm looking into doing the sleeve in Mexico. 

Welcome!  As I tell every newbie - be careful to pick the best possible weight loss surgery surgeon and be careful to pick the weight loss surgery type (VSG or gastric bypass) for you..

I look forward to welcoming you to the losers bench.

By the way, we have several very active TTF members who had their weight loss surgery in Mexico, including @Jen581791and @NerdyToothpick

@GaryinJacksonville, welcome to the loser's bench!  Stick around here and read, ask, and learn. There is a treasure chest of information here and the more you're involved the more you'll learn how to be successful. 

@Lacy02, welcome and the same for you...learn lots from here and it will help you make your decision. My SIL had hers done in MX as did a few of our members here and they all did well (as long as you research he dr/facility first). Ask any questions you have.....I'm only 9 wks out but haven't regretted my surgery for a second (and I already lost 40#!)

Edited by CheeringCJ

2 hours ago, Lacy02 said:

Hi I'm new here and loving reading everyone's stories. I'm looking into doing the sleeve in Mexico. 

Welcome to Thinner Times Lacy!

1 hour ago, Lacy02 said:

Welcome, Lacy!! You have found the most wonderful place to be for information and support with WLS :) As @Res Ipsa said, @NerdyToothpick and @Jen581791 had surgery in Mexico, and they can probably answer a lot of your questions. Keep reading the forums, and don't be afraid to ask lots of questions!! Nice to have you here ❤️

4 hours ago, Lacy02 said:

Hi @Lacy02 I successfully had gastric bypass in Mexico and researched several surgeons in Tijuana. Mexico has many fine clinics with surgeons who are leaders in their fields. I am happy to share my research with you. 

Welcome aboard! 

Welcome @GaryinJacksonville And @Lacy02. I hope you find this forum as helpful as I do :) 

Yes, I had my surgery in Mexico and had a very good experience. I’m happy to share info.