Louis

On the go meals

Starting back to work after ryn surgery. I do allot of driving no way to heat up food was looking for suggestions for lunches to eat out of ice chest

Tuna fish pouches are a good start and the further out you go, adding cooked quinoa, tomatoes etc. make a healthy lunch.  

This thread has some great ideas:   Lunch ideas post-op

2 hours ago, Louis said:

looking for suggestions for lunches to eat out of ice chest

Also check out Eggface's site, http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/  She has tons of weightloss surgery-friendly recipes that would do well in a refrigerated or chilled lunch bag. Also look up Low Carbing Among Friends on Facebook, as well as Low Carb Hit Parade. Many many things can made for dinner etc, then leftovers in the lunch pail.

This has been a huge issue for me, too. My job is in the car and on the go and it's really easy to forget to eat. :(

One of my favorite meals - I had it earlier today is cottage cheese with some natural peanut butter on top. It sounds terrible but tastes really good. 

I like to put a layer  sabra hummus with red pepper and a layer of cottage cheese in a Dixie cup. My 2 layer dip with no chips.

Jerky is always a good go-to and it doesn't need refrigeration.  Add a small piece of fruit or some cherry tomatoes and you have a good on-the-go meal or snack.

I like Alaska Smokehouse Smoked Salmon Jerky and it's higher in protein than beef - 15g per oz. vs 9g for beef.