Roscoes Dad

7 weeks out and stomach is always grumpy.

I'm in pain...no...discomfort... for a significant part of every day.

I'm cleared for all foods, but I still keep it simple. 

Everyday I start in the morning with a protein shake. But my stomach rumbles.

Oikos yogurt? Rumble.

Cheese? No rumble. On a tortilla? Rumble.

Tuna fish/salmon, big rumble.

Soft scrambled eggs? Stomach REALLY rumbles. Not good. No more eggs. Maybe try again down the road.

Everything makes my stomach rumble. One day I said the hell with it and tried a little spaghetti with marinara sauce...ha! Happy tummy. But I hear all these warnings of don't eat pasta for months yet. 

I haven't tried a banana yet. I bet that's okay...But lots of sugar. That said, it's a banana. It's not ice cream or junk food!

I don't care so much about weight loss...I'm not in a hurry. It is coming. No worries. I've lost 55 so far, 275 to 220. No binging possible! I must be accountable. That was my objective with surgery.

I just wish I didn't hurt every single day.

I have another appointment with my nutritionist in two weeks. This will be the focus of my conversation.

I am about as far along as you (surgery 11/6) and I am learning to read my stomach still.  I am not sure if it is hunger or fullness or what, so you might be in the same place.  If something isn't my stomach's favorite, I just try again later.

Also, may I recommend Papaya Enzyme chewable supplement available for about $5 at Walmart,...you chew them when your belly isn't happy about what you've given it and it really helps you digest.  I read about it here and bought it before my surgery and was thrilled the few times I needed it...it worked well and pretty quickly!  

I am approaching my 5th month and I still have to think about how and what I eat.  Its a full time job I tell ya !!

Papaya really does help when I have 1 bite too much or when I feel like something is stuck.

2-1/2 years out and I am still hyper-vigilant about what I will eat. It is a learning process. You will figure out what works for you, just keep trying and learn from the results.

Just take it easy and listen to your tummy.  Mine usually sends out warning signals and it's best to stop when it starts saying enough...

I like to think of my stomach's rumbling as just a thing it does now, rather than indicative of a problem - if it's not painful (sometimes eggs are still painful), I don't worry about it. It just makes some noise and does its thing. If you're having pain, that's different, but if it's discomfort due to your stomach making some grumbling noises, it's probably just a question of getting used to it some, and also having it go away some with time. Our stomachs have undergone a lot of changes and they need some time to heal and get used to the new normal. Feed it what you're supposed to without pushing things that don't feel good (eggs, I'm taking about you), and things will probably calm down some soon. 

On 31/12/2017 at 4:38 PM, Roscoes Dad said:

I have another appointment with my nutritionist in two weeks. This will .....

Looking forward to hearing how it goes at your meeting with the Nutritionist. I have had similar problems myself, but have had them prior to the surgery as well. I just finished reading weight loss surgery for dummies (I absolutely love those books FYI lol) and they recommended starting out your meals with warm options first. For instance, have a warm cup of tea 5-10 min before you eat as it helps our GI tract 'warm up' to the idea of eating, which can prevent stomach spasms and rumbling. If you find out any other ideas, please share :) , and good luck!

Edited by Ladybugzzz86