Rootrazz

Greetings All - Gastric Sleeve Intro

Moisture would make sense. In my post op diet binder, it says to add moisture to everything, to avoid issues (such as ground meat). I thought it was to increase fluid intake, but it makes sense it’d be a digestive/intake aid as well. 

I am very much a creature of habit (or I'm getting old or a combo of the two!).  I have a Premier protein shake as soon as I wake up, followed by a boiled egg 2.5 hours later.  As a snack I usually have a banana.  Lunch and dinner are hit and miss just depending what is accessible (high protein/low carb focus).  Afternoon snack is some sort of cheese.  G2 is my go to drink, second to water.  In the evenings I snack on smoked almonds, with an occasional (1) Dove dark chocolate candy (37 calories).  I feel fortunate that I really don't have issues with any foods.  @Rootrazz, I would say find what works for you and stick to it.  Even if that is still a lot of soft foods.  I agree with the previous posters that there is no reason to rush to solids.  When I first started solids, I would chew each bite like 30 times to alleviate my fears - by then the food was all but disintegrated or just a paste. :)

@Rootrazz, welcome!  

I'm 8 wks out and I stayed with softer foods. I have the rest of my life to eat other things, but I know the things I like and work well with my sleeve, so I stick with them!  I like to blend up chicken with stuff (like avocado and mayo or refried beans and taco seasoning with cheese and a dollop of Greek plain yogurt). I also like the Italian bake that everyone talks about.  I make a batch of any of these up and fill up my 4oz containers and then just grab and go. I can do eggs fine, but I also add extra protein by throwing in a little cottage cheese into the kitchen ninja when I throw the eggs in, it adds moisture and fluff so it isn't as "rubbery" of a texture. It's really a trial and error process of seeing what works...and when you find things at work, it is pretty easy to stick with them. Since I like them so much, it doesn't get to be "oh that, AGAIN?!?" I'm fine with the same thing everyday!  

Well, just tried the poached egg. No issues so far, other than it's really hard to slowly eat an already soft egg. Got 4 small bites in (about a third of the egg), and was done. But! No adverse reaction as of yet. :D