TP1210

Starting the removal

Did 200 miles on the race bike yesterday in full leathers. No issues. Felt great to be back on the bike and not having the extra skin was amazing. 

Wow how fantastic well done !!!

You are my hero TP.  Taking on a 200 mile race at just 16 days post trunk skin removed is totally amazing.

sat_ride.png.55c6b091c8b3ce37647191cf42b839fd.png

Loads of fun!

2 hours ago, cinwa said:

You are my hero TP.  Taking on a 200 mile race at just 16 days post trunk skin removed is totally amazing.

I second that!!! I am amazed and impressed!!!  You rock, Tom!

On 1/22/2018 at 1:12 AM, TP1210 said:

10 days post-op.

10days.thumb.jpg.e42cdab74eedcd9a37671f3f51efcc92.jpg

The dark color around the incisions is the dermabond tape they put over the glue. I guess it is supposed to dissolve over time. I am getting some serious itching and have to take everything off and let my skin breathe every day. That's the real down side to the compression. It doesn't really let your skin breathe and I have to keep a very large area compressed.

I saw your question to the Dr. Keep wearing your compression garments. If you need to take them off for a couple of minutes, do but then put them right back on. I wore mine 24/7 with the exception of when I was in the shower. I even bought a second one so I could still wear one while the other one was in the washer. My tummy tuck is still flat and tight and I know it is (in part) because I wore my compression band for 2 - 3 months after surgery. I've seen pictures online of people who didn't wear them as prescribed and their skin did not heal flat like mine did.

4 hours ago, Stephtay said:

I saw your question to the Dr. Keep wearing your compression garments. If you need to take them off for a couple of minutes, do but then put them right back on. I wore mine 24/7 with the exception of when I was in the shower. I even bought a second one so I could still wear one while the other one was in the washer. My tummy tuck is still flat and tight and I know it is (in part) because I wore my compression band for 2 - 3 months after surgery. I've seen pictures online of people who didn't wear them as prescribed and their skin did not heal flat like mine did.

Thanks, I wear a compression vest

1month.jpg.60e093e8831876c771481e566a3a88a8.jpg

One month out.My surgeon asked me if my Dad was named Logan. I said, "No, why?" He says, "because I'm pretty sure you're part Wolverine, you heal so fast!"

I chuckled.

Edited by TP1210