TP1210

Starting the removal

Exciting day ahead of you tomorrow, TP!!!  Hope it goes well and your are quickly home and recouperating and not experiencing much pain!!!  Update us when you can.

Best wishes for a textbook surgery and swift recovery. Please keep us posted.

I took my surgical scrub shower this morning and am getting ready to head to the hospital. I have to be in the OR at 6am. My sister and I are going. She will drive me home after the surgery. I am very excited and ready to do this! My office has asked me to take off Monday and Tuesday since my follow up is Tuesday at 9am and they want me to get cleared to return to work. I think that's a good idea, and hey...5 day weekend!!!! I am wearing a pair of flannel sleep pants and a tee shirt. I got this.

Registered and waiting to get taken in. 

Got my gown on. Sitting in Pre-surg. Vitals done. Hospital socks kick @*#. 

This hospital is massive. Can’t wait to get in the OR. I joked with my sister that this will take just a few seconds for me. I’ll be put under and wake up done. Time passed won’t register for me. However, for her, she will have to sit for 6 hours. I hope her phone is charged. 

Excited for you!  Can't wait to hear the updates!!

IV is in. Surgery is at 7:30am. Booked the OR for 5 hours. 

Time to put the phone away. 

See you on the other side of this. 

25 minutes ago, TP1210 said:

See you on the other side of this. 

Best wishes! You’re currently under, but I’m wide awake and sending positive vibes across the ether. 

I'm thinking of you TP.

Excited for you and eager for updates. Praying for skilled hands and no complications.

All done. 8 pounds of skin. 

That's great! Wow! Way to lose 8 pounds in your sleep ;)! How are you feeling? When do you get to go home?

Awesome!! Hope you're comfortable! Happy healing ..... Bet you're so glad the extra skin is gone!!! 

I’ll be home today. 

12 hours ago, TP1210 said:

This hospital is massive. Can’t wait to get in the OR. I joked with my sister that this will take just a few seconds for me. I’ll be put under and wake up done. Time passed won’t register for me. However, for her, she will have to sit for 6 hours. I hope her phone is charged. 

I said the same thing to my husband when I had my surgery...."this is easy for me, it'll only take me a minute or two, but it'll be hours for you." The surgery was less than 2 hours but the recovery was 6 hours 

Edited by CheeringCJ

8lb is a lot of skin!  Can't wait to see the final results once the swelling has gone down.

2 hours ago, TP1210 said:

All done. 8 pounds of skin. 

WOW. Can't imagine how you're feeling. Surprised they didn't keep you in for a while, though I don't know why.

Looking forward to hearing about your progress.

Just got home. I am groggy, but it is me. I threw up once already. Pain pills. I have 5 drains. Doctor says all went well but I now have an extremely small belly button. This sentence has taken 15 minutes to type. See you guys in the AM.

Get some good rest. You've been through a lot. Five drains sounds like no fun.

Good morning. So, I slept great. Doc told me I had to sleep on my back, but I do that already so not a big change. I did have to prop up on pillows and keep my torso upright. Using my arm to push myself up while getting out of bed is a baaaaaaaad idea. Piercing pain, but I adjust by using my legs instead. I took the pain meds, one every 6 hours. I threw up after each one, so not sure they'll work for me. I need to eat today. I haven't eaten since Thursday afternoon. 5 drains is a pain in the butt. They should be gone Tuesday at my followup visit with my surgeon. I am taking the antibiotics and the stool softener as well as the nausea medicine. I have a very tight ACE type bandage on my chest with a binder around the rest of me. Reminds me of a bulletproof vest. I was not expecting this to be easy, but I did think it would be more uncomfortable. Worst thing so far is the drains. it's like having 5 oranges dangling from my waist..lol. I will be living in flannel lounge pants for the foreseeable future.

WIN_20180113_09_09_34_Pro.thumb.jpg.68fe05890dc09aa104f2b2226375ae71.jpg

Bandaged! One good thing is, I don't have to mess with them at all. Tuesday my Doctor will do that.

Don't hesitate to ask for a different painkiller if you're throwing these up.