MemawShar

Hello

Hi, I am a year out from surgery. I had the sleeve on January 9, 2017. I have done well. I feel fantastic! I have lost about 75 to 80 lbs from the day of surgery. I lost it all by 9 months out. I have not lost anymore in the last 3 months. I gain and lose the same 5 lbs continually. I am trying to accept myself for who I am now. I’m healthy, happy, and done? HW: (before surgery) - 291 SW: 274  CW: 197 (Although, right now because of Christmas I am sitting at 202.) I wish I never started eating carbs. Don’t do it. 

Hi @MemawShar, and welcome. 80 pounds is nothing to sneeze at, and I'm sure with those kinds of losses, your health measures have improved drastically! 

You don't have your height or age or sex on your profile, so it's hard to read a lot into the SW and CW, but if you're eating in a way that's making you feel unhappy about your current status, maybe it's a good time to re-evaluate your goals and practices. I'm not as far out from surgery as you (one month behind) so I'm certainly not an expert, but some people here have had good experiences doing the 5 day pouch test to sort of "re-set" their practices and way of thinking about how they're eating. For me, carbs also lead to more carbs - the 5DPT might help you shake those up a bit. 

3 minutes ago, MemawShar said:

Maybe I should try that beginning a new year. I am 5’6” tall and am a 57 year old woman. 

Happy New Year! No time like the present :) I hope you find a way feel better about your eating.

Welcome to TTF! I recommend the 5DPT. I'm on day 2 of it myself and glad I'm doing it after a week of bad choices over the holidays.