Taralyn

Feeling defeated

Hi,

It's been awhile since I've been on the forum but I'm really struggling. I'm 6 years post op and just recently I'm gaining weight like crazy. I've been under alot of stress(family Issues) and just got a promotion at work 2 months ago. I'm not comfortable at all with the 20 pds I have gained. At this point I don't even know where to start and how to reboost myself. Will the 5 day pouch test still work for me at this point? I'm willing to try and I'm going to!! I made a list and plan to start it Monday. I could just use a few words of encouragement. Anyone post op that has regained, how did you get back on track? TIA

It's good to see you back on the forum Taralyn!

I don't think you could do better than start your weight loss again with the 5 Day Pouch Test

It'll help you get back on track by weeding out all the stuff that has no place in your diet right now.

14 hours ago, Taralyn said:

Hi,

It's been awhile since I've been on the forum but I'm really struggling. I'm 6 years post op and just recently I'm gaining weight like crazy. I've been under alot of stress(family Issues) and just got a promotion at work 2 months ago. I'm not comfortable at all with the 20 pds I have gained. At this point I don't even know where to start and how to reboost myself. Will the 5 day pouch test still work for me at this point? I'm willing to try and I'm going to!! I made a list and plan to start it Monday. I could just use a few words of encouragement. Anyone post op that has regained, how did you get back on track? TIA

Welcome back Taralyn. I think the fact that you're back on TT and looking for support is great. I would recommend a complete physical and mental reboot. Do the 5 day pouch test, look at some pre-op surgeries, make a list of why you had the surgery in the first place and the benefits you've had since your weight loss. I'm confident that since you have won this battle before and the fact that you're tackling it now before you gained all your weight back that you will shed those 20 pounds and get back where you want to be. Don't be a stranger. Let us know how you're doing. Good luck!