Lankyliz

Feb 17 gb

Welcome to Thinner Times!

Congratulations on losing 56lb pre-op.  That's  quite an achievement.

There are many here who've lost 150+ lb - spend some time reading the forum - the more information you have, the more comfortable you're going to be going into surgery.  It won't take away all of the nerves but it will help.

2 hours ago, Lankyliz said:

Hi all surgery soon have lost 56 lbs in last year in prep with tier 2 service 100 more to loose is this achievable ???

Never had an anaesthetic before very anxious 

Hi, what surgery are you going to have?

Wow! You did really well with your loss over the last year. Is your gastric bypass scheduled yet? I have not yet had my sleeve surgery but, I have seen plenty of people lose 100 pounds plus even more with both surgeries. My goal is to lose at least 122 pounds.

From everything that I have learned goals are attainable if you stick to your surgeons plan for you.

Good luck to you.

7 hours ago, Lankyliz said:

Hi all surgery soon have lost 56 lbs in last year in prep with tier 2 service 100 more to loose is this achievable ???

Absolutely!!

Welcome, @Lankyliz, and congrats on losing so much pre-op. Not an easy task, but it will make your surgery and recovery go more smoothly, for sure. 

I don't see your stats on your profile, but losing 100 pounds after surgery is pretty normal around this forum - your pre-op losses show you have the grit and determination to make your WLS a success, so I don't see why you couldn't be just as successful as you like! 

I was a surgery noob, as well, and it was a bit scary to me, but it wasn't as bad as I'd thought, and it seems like a distant memory to me now. 

9 hours ago, Lankyliz said:

Without seeing your stats no-one can really say for sure BUT.....losing 100% of your excess weight is definitely achievable. Many of us on this forum have done just that simply by following our surgeon's plans and not giving up when the inevitable stalls come out way. To achieve long term success requires an equally long term change to lifestyle. If we go back to our pre-surgery habits then the weight will eventually come back as well. It's not rocket science.,

Thanyou so much for your replies I'm 5-9" ...48 soon and 246 pounds . 

Having bypass 3.2.17

Started with a weight problem in my 20's following my son being born with long term health problems ...my eating was my comfort and support and the one thing I felt I could decide on and tweny two years later I hit rock bottom. ....best thing about a break down is the support and revaluation after ..

.enough is enough . I have told NOONE about my bypass I am going solo ....they think I am having bowel surgery as I have bowel problems so you guys are my .!!'in the know !! Support 

Thankyou xx

8 hours ago, Lankyliz said:

Thanyou so much for your replies I'm 5-9" ...48 soon and 246 pounds . 

Having bypass 3.2.17

As you can see from my stats we have very similar starting stats. 100lbs more is achievable, but will be pushing your limit I'd expect. So much so that I'd expect your surgical team to suggest it's unlikely. A few of us recently have achieved around that mark at similar heights. You'll definitely need to stick to your post-op plan pretty rigidly if you want to push for what will exceed 100% excess weight loss. Personally I'd be starting with a less daunting goal and lowering it with each step achieved. Even with the magic of bypass, it is still a long road ahead to achieve a low 20s BMI. Hitting mini goals can be a very satisfying way to move forward and gain confidence that you're doing okay.

On 12/29/2017 at 2:04 AM, Aussie H said:

Without seeing your stats no-one can really say for sure BUT.....losing 100% of your excess weight is definitely achievable. Many of us on this forum have done just that simply by following our surgeon's plans and not giving up when the inevitable stalls come out way. To achieve long term success requires an equally long term change to lifestyle. If we go back to our pre-surgery habits then the weight will eventually come back as well. It's not rocket science.,

As usually, I agree 100% with @Aussie H

On 12/28/2017 at 4:16 PM, Lankyliz said:

I had never had anesthesia prior to my gastric bypass, but I had no problems with it.  I just became sleepy as they rolled me into the operating room and when I woke up I was in the recovery room.

On 28/12/2017 at 5:16 PM, Lankyliz said:

I was very very nervous as well. Let your weight loss team know :) They will be happy to give you something to take the morning of your surgery to ease your nerves. Be sure to inform your anesthetist as well, they gave me some happy juice via my IV before putting me to sleep, can't remember a thing past that lol. I will tell you though, it was the BEST sleep I had in years :D

On 29/12/2017 at 8:36 PM, Aussie H said:

As you can see from my stats we have very similar starting stats. 100lbs more is achievable, but will be pushing your limit I'd expect. So much so that I'd expect your surgical team to suggest it's unlikely. A few of us recently have achieved around that mark at similar heights. You'll definitely need to stick to your post-op plan pretty rigidly if you want to push for what will exceed 100% excess weight loss. Personally I'd be starting with a less daunting goal and lowering it with each step achieved. Even with the magic of bypass, it is still a long road ahead to achieve a low 20s BMI. Hitting mini goals can be a very satisfying way to move forward and gain confidence that you're doing okay.

Fab advice thanks xxx

On 12/28/2017 at 4:16 PM, Lankyliz said:

Welcome @Lankyliz!

Yes, it is possible to lose 100 lbs! I am at goal weight and lost 85 lbs (depending on the day :D). That isn’t quite 100 but it’s close enough. GB has liberated me from illness!

You can do it!!!

8 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

Welcome @Lankyliz!

Yes, it is possible to lose 100 lbs! I am at goal weight and lost 85 lbs (depending on the day :D). That isn’t quite 100 but it’s close enough. GB has liberated me from illness!

You can do it!!!

Thankyou

You have done so well !!!

I' am counting down the days literally ...

Am a farmers wife and nurse but my family are not practical in the home so on a mission to get as much done before op so I can get my head round the first few weeks of possible weariness xx

Very possible to lose 100 pounds with GB. I lost over 300 pounds with GB (RNY) surgery. Just follow the plan and stay on track!

If you stick with your post op plan, as everyone else has said, you can lose 100 pounds :) I’ve lost 153 pounds since the start of my pre op diet last March, and 119 of that was after surgery on 5-17-17. Stay motivated and you’ll get where you want to be!!

1 hour ago, Nana Trish said:

If you stick with your post op plan, as everyone else has said, you can lose 100 pounds :) I’ve lost 153 pounds since the start of my pre op diet last March, and 119 of that was after surgery on 5-17-17. Stay motivated and you’ll get where you want to be!!

I totally agree.  I lost all my excess weight (about 125 pounds) and have kept it off (except for a five pound gain early last year when I decided that my goal weight was too low).

weight.png.ffc7565c888f866daccd8e1e78b10872.png

@Res Ipsa, you’re awesome ❤️ Such a HUGE inspiration and great motivation and support to everyone here!! Thank you for all the support you have given me personally, as well as all of us!

@Lankyliz, the anesthesia isn't frightening....it is easier for you than for anyone as you SLEEP through the surgery! :)  They put in an IV which is slightly uncomfortable going in but not  too bad....then they put the med through that that will make you doze off....next thing you know, you're in recovery!!!  

On 17/01/2018 at 4:56 PM, Res Ipsa said:

I totally agree.  I lost all my excess weight (about 125 pounds) and have kept it off (except for a five pound gain early last year when I decided that my goal weight was too low).

weight.png.ffc7565c888f866daccd8e1e78b10872.png

Wow x 

Thanks cheeringcj . Makes me feel better that goes through iv line and not mask x

Bit of a control freek I think ..hate to feel confined ..-_-:wub:silly me !!