Ladybugzzz86

2 week Post op VSG

Just now, Readytobeme said:

I agree. A support group may well be the biggest part of the puzzle that will make us or break us.

I agree. For me, TTF is my support group. 

Welcome to TTF @Ladybugzzz86. I hope you get the relief you seek from the weight loss. I had severe knee pain and multiple surgeries because of all the added stress to my joints. I no longer have chronic knee pain and I feel better than I have in about 17 years. Keep up the great work!

@Ladybugzzz86 I’m late to the welcome wagon! Glad to have you with us on this little corner of the Internet. :D

Like Jen, I went the self-pay route and skipped all of the hoops (nutritionist, support groups, psychologist, etc) and went straight to the surgeon’s office. I was nervous in the beginning and was desperately looking for a support network. TTF is the best support center I have found. 

Congrats on taking this important step to reclaim your life! Here’s to many more conversations about farts and poo. ;)

1 hour ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Ladybugzzz86

Congrats on taking this important step to reclaim your life! Here’s to many more conversations about farts and poo. ;)

Lmao, thanks for such a warm welcome @NerdyToothpick. - your messages never disappoint haha. Glad we have all been able to find this site in our times of need, and consequently have found each other. Now wether that is a good thing or not, might still be a bit of a coin toss, but beggars can't be choosers! :P looking forward to getting to know you better, and ttyas :)

Edited by Ladybugzzz86

Hi.I finally figured out how to use this forum. First let me congratulate you for your success this far. You are doing great!

I had bypass surgery on 1-11-18, in Mexico. The experience was gr8! I cant think of anything negative.... well other than the fact that the nurses didnt speak english!! However they did use their phone in which they  had an english translator.

So I started off weighing 268. Now im at 250.2.  This is something in which I will need help

2 hours ago, sweets said:

Hi.I finally figured out how to use this forum. First let me congratulate you for your success this far. You are doing great!

I had bypass surgery on 1-11-18, in Mexico. The experience was gr8! I cant think of anything negative.... well other than the fact that the nurses didnt speak english!! However they did use their phone in which they  had an english translator.

So I started off weighing 268. Now im at 250.2.  This is something in which I will need help

welcome @sweets!  Glad it was such a good experience and glad your scale is moving down (be warned that you most likely will stall for a bit around 3 wks and then start moving again....and stalls happen often but if you are following plan, it WILL happen!).  Keep active here and you will get lots of info that will be very helpful!

Hi @sweets - - -  We all need a little help from our friends! 

Of course I wrote that and couldn't help this clip of the lyrics... so wishing you all the joy of liberation from being heavy and the new life. 

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
I get high with a little help from my friends
Gonna try with a little help from my friends

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Gonna try with a little help from my friends
Oh, I get high with a little help from my friends
Yes, I get by with a little help from my friends
With a little help from my friends

Welcome, @sweets. I had my surgery about 11 months ago in Mexico. It went really well, too, although I was lucky enough to speak Spanish! 

I hope your progress continues in this positive fashion.