Nana Trish

Me with my boy, last Christmas vs this Christmas

8 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

Trish,

You have a very pretty face in both pictures. However, the second picture is stunning because your happiness shines through. Look at your smile and the twinkle in your eyes!

When did Harper get so big???

:wub: Aww, shucks, @NerdyLady :wub: I was miserable last year...the only thing keeping a smile on my face was the fact that Harper was in my arms. This year I am a much happier person...mostly because I don't feel like death most of the time! But I can again thank Harper for the smile in pic #2...it was hard to smile much because of my dad. 

Harper just seemed to grow up overnight!! He's talking, walking (kind of, lol) and just an adorable little gentleman! 

13 hours ago, Michael_A said:

I do it constantly. I I stare at my hand in admiring fascination when the light falls on them just right and they look kind of scrawny. Happily in awe right now... :-)

@Michael_A

You weigh 190? That’s amazing!!

"Is that her Mommy?" 

"No, Zoey, that is her Nana, like I am your Grammy"

"No, is THAT one her Mommy?" says my granddaughter as she points to the LAST YEAR @Nana Trish referring to her being the MOTHER of the current Trish!!!!

So there you have it, Trish, out of the mouth of babes (or 1st graders) comes the fact you look young enough to be your own daughter!!!! :)  

Wow, just wow. Congratulations on your life transforming weight loss. 

Thank you, @Res Ipsa ❤️ It really has been life transforming! I thought for sure I would be that one in a million person that the surgery wouldn't work for...guess I was wrong, lol :) I'm very close to where I want to be right now, but I'm not obsessing over it everyday anymore. I'm just sticking to plan, and I have full confidence that I'll reach a healthy, comfortable goal. It feels really good knowing that I'm doing it, and it's working. I feel about as close to normal as I ever have! 

23 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

"Is that her Mommy?" 

"No, Zoey, that is her Nana, like I am your Grammy"

"No, is THAT one her Mommy?" says my granddaughter as she points to the LAST YEAR @Nana Trish referring to her being the MOTHER of the current Trish!!!!

So there you have it, Trish, out of the mouth of babes (or 1st graders) comes the fact you look young enough to be your own daughter!!!! :)  

Now THIS is awesome!! You had me in stitches reading this :lol: Give your granddaughter a big hug from Nana Trish ❤️ Made my day!!!

7 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Now THIS is awesome!! You had me in stitches reading this :lol: Give your granddaughter a big hug from Nana Trish ❤️ Made my day!!!

Well, I am going to see her for our NYs party today....should I give her a hug from Nana Trish or from her daughter Momma Trish?!?!?! LOL!

I thought you'd get a kick out of that!  

On 12/27/2017 at 11:22 AM, Chefman77 said:

You're looking great Trish and so much younger and happier. Are you getting settled back into a routine more conducive to your eating needs?

Yes, @Chefman77...I'm getting back into my routine. Still not perfect yet, as I'm still not keeping up with my water intake and supplements, but I'm back at it today. Things are finally slowing down. My mother took my dad's ashes home today, so I feel like I can breathe now. I've only lost 2 pounds since my 7 month mark, but to be honest...I'm thankful that I was able to maintain. I'm not stressing over it though. These were unusual circumstances, and it took my father dying to throw me out of whack. I guess if I can get through this and maintain, I'm doing as well as I can expect. 

Thank you for the compliments ❤️ I also think I look happier, but I don't see the younger part, lol. But that's ok too...I am 50 years old after all. I can't expect to look like a spring chicken! Lol :) 

Just now, CheeringCJ said:

Well, I am going to see her for our NYs party today....should I give her a hug from Nana Trish or from her daughter Momma Trish?!?!?! LOL!

I thought you'd get a kick out of that!  

Lolol :lol: Give her a hug from BOTH of us! HA! Love it!! 

Have a great time at your party!!

On 12/31/2017 at 12:14 PM, NerdyToothpick said:

@Michael_A

Woot woot!!! Way to go, @Michael_A!! 

On 12/27/2017 at 12:27 AM, Jen581791 said:

You look so much happier and healthier. That’s a Nana who can keep up with her grandson! And be around for him for many years to come.

Thanks, @Jen581791 :) It's taking a lot more energy to keep up with Mr. Harper now...he finally started walking!! I'm going to get exercise now, whether I want to or not!! ❤️

On 12/27/2017 at 9:27 AM, cinwa said:

What an amazing transformation Trish!  

Thank you, @cinwa:wub:

On 12/27/2017 at 12:10 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

@Nana Trish Trish great photo -  great SMILE and definition others are mentioning?

We should do a thread on arms and definition...

Thank you, @BurgundyBoy!! I think a thread on arms and definition would be great :) My son told me the other day that I look a lot more lean than he expected I would after this much weight loss (he's the weight lifter/trainer in the family, lol). I pulled up my sleeve and flexed my bicep and I have tiny muscles, lol! I attribute that to lifting Harper...but my "bat wings" don't look nearly as bad as they did before either! 

On 12/31/2017 at 8:14 AM, NerdyToothpick said:

@Michael_A

Thanks! I've been doing pretty good so far. I'll weigh again in a few days :-)

11 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Woot woot!!! Way to go, @Michael_A!! 

Thanks Trish!

On 12/27/2017 at 6:45 PM, Cheesehead said:

You look younger, too!  Looking great and you glow!

Thank you, @Cheesehead!!! ❤️ I'm not really glowing...it's just the lighting in that room :lol:

Edited by Nana Trish

Just now, Michael_A said:

Thanks Trish!

You are doing such an awesome job, @Michael_A!! I'm so happy for you ❤️

5 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

You are doing such an awesome job, @Michael_A!! I'm so happy for you ❤️

Lois is right, you are glowing! A different kind of beautiful lady has come out!

Just now, Michael_A said:

Lois is right, you are glowing! A different kind of beautiful lady has come out!

Aww, @Michael_A :wub: You win the prize for making me tear up today!! Thank you, sir ❤️❤️❤️

I've never felt, or thought of myself as, beautiful since I gained the weight. Or even before that, actually. And I know, weight has nothing to do with real beauty. But I was fixated on it and obsessed over it for so long, I didn't think I'd ever feel differently. My husband was just telling me the other day...I have a confidence that he has never seen in me before, and he thinks I've transformed not only my outside, but my inside too. He says that's my beauty finding it's way to the surface, and that it's nice to see me let it out after all of these years. I think it will take me a while to accept this about myself, but I'm trying :) Compliments like yours though...thank you!! 

But the glow...still say it's the lighting in that room hahaha

Edited by Nana Trish

On 12/26/2017 at 11:50 PM, Nana Trish said:

84E42384-4F28-4E80-B7C4-B090CF4DD537.jpeg

Just a side note on these pics...I told my daughter I wanted to do a comparison pic with Harper every year just to see the changes in both of us every year...but I think by the time he is 15 or so, he's going to get pretty sick of me holding him like this for a picture!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol::D:P

4 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Just a side note on these pics...I told my daughter I wanted to do a comparison pic with Harper every year just to see the changes in both of us every year...but I think by the time he is 15 or so, he's going to get pretty sick of me holding him like this for a picture!!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol::D:P

you should  have thought of that last year and held him upright so he could eventually just stand next to you ! :D

Be careful he might be shocked when he is 15 and sees these pics....he won't ever remember that first Nana!  He might think it is your mom instead of you too! :)

Just now, CheeringCJ said:

you should  have thought of that last year and held him upright so he could eventually just stand next to you ! :D

Be careful he might be shocked when he is 15 and sees these pics....he won't ever remember that first Nana!  He might think it is your mom instead of you too! :)

Bahaha!! That's too funny, I should have thought of that! But he couldn't even hold his own head up last Christmas, so that might have been tough, lol. 

I hope he NEVER remembers the Nana from last year. That would be ideal for me...I don't ever want him to know me like that. Sick and not even able to put my own socks on, ugh. I did take a lot of selfies with him over the past year though, because even though I don't want him to remember me like that, I want him to know how much I love him and how much time we spent together ❤️

On 1/1/2018 at 10:03 AM, Nana Trish said:

Thank you, @Res Ipsa ❤️ It really has been life transforming! I thought for sure I would be that one in a million person that the surgery wouldn't work for...guess I was wrong, lol :) I'm very close to where I want to be right now, but I'm not obsessing over it everyday anymore. I'm just sticking to plan, and I have full confidence that I'll reach a healthy, comfortable goal. It feels really good knowing that I'm doing it, and it's working. I feel about as close to normal as I ever have! 

Trish,

Have I told you how much I admire you? I can’t believe you have done so well post surgery. I remember your excitement leading up to surgery and now you are killing it! Diabetes be gone! Remember when @BurgundyBoy cheered you on by measuring your steps in Trishes? It’s har to believe that the Trish I knew a few months ago is the Trish I know today. 

@Readytobeme, your story will be like Trish’s. I just know you will kick butt and conquer WLS.

I showed my mom your picture and she was blown away by how pretty you look. Mom said you were pretty in the first picture and you look years younger today. Mom is brutally honest, so I’d believe her opinion. Just some thoughts from a person who has never struggled with weight issues. :)

On 1/1/2018 at 10:04 AM, Nana Trish said:

Mom wholeheartedly agrees with CJ’s granddaughter. I don’t know why I’m telling you so much about my mom’s opinions :D