Nana Trish

Me with my boy, last Christmas vs this Christmas

You look so much happier and healthier. That’s a Nana who can keep up with her grandson! And be around for him for many years to come.

I see in the picture that your hands are getting bony. I love that I can see bones in my hands now.  Congrats on the excellent progress Trish, you've worked hard for it!!!

9 minutes ago, Michael_A said:

I see in the picture that your hands are getting bony. I love that I can see bones in my hands now.  Congrats on the excellent progress Trish, you've worked hard for it!!!

You are right Michael.  Trish's hands are a lot thinner!

I was just focussing on her face and neck.

8 minutes ago, cinwa said:

You are right Michael.  Trish's hands are a lot thinner!

I was just focussing on her face and neck.

Ha ha well, I myself have gotten bony hands, and neck bones! I can't stop touching my neck bones!  So I tend to notice it right now I suppose :-)

You're looking great Trish and so much younger and happier. Are you getting settled back into a routine more conducive to your eating needs?

@Nana Trish Trish great photo -  great SMILE and definition others are mentioning?

We should do a thread on arms and definition...

Lovely comparison pic Trish!  I bet you would have never imagined last Christmas the huge changes you would see this Christmas!  :)

Looking great Trish!!! @Michael_A, I also love my bony hands. My anesthecist loved seeing them too because my veins were also very obvious on surgery day.  She said that it can be a tough day on bariatric surgery day finding good veins to access, but mine were sticking right up calling her name....haha!!!

30 minutes ago, Aussie H said:

Looking great Trish!!! @Michael_A, I also love my bony hands. My anesthecist loved seeing them too because my veins were also very obvious on surgery day.  She said that it can be a tough day on bariatric surgery day finding good veins to access, but mine were sticking right up calling her name....haha!!!

I'm with you Aussie. Having blood drawn used to be a search-and-hunt event with me. Now it is a piece of cake!

@Nana Trish I think I see some veins there in your hand in the picture!

You look younger, too!  Looking great and you glow!

Congratulations Trish !!  What an incredible transformation !!

8 hours ago, Aussie H said:

My veins are much more accessible with the weight loss. Much more vascular than I've ever been.

You guys are too kind...thank you!!

@Michael_A...I'm the same way with my neck/collar bones, lol. Always touching them!! It's almost like I forgot that I had bones under all of the fat that used to be there. It's the strangest feeling, isn't it?

On 12/27/2017 at 12:43 PM, TammyP said:

Lovely comparison pic Trish!  I bet you would have never imagined last Christmas the huge changes you would see this Christmas!  :)

NEVER imagined such a change last Christmas!! Especially since I didn't even know when I was going to decide to have my WLS this year. It's amazing :) 

2 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

It's the strangest feeling, isn't it?

Yes it is! And I have hip bones too!

Just now, Michael_A said:

Yes it is! And I have hip bones too!

Omg, me too!! Imagine that!! HA! :P

Loving this :) 

On 12/26/2017 at 8:50 PM, Nana Trish said:

84E42384-4F28-4E80-B7C4-B090CF4DD537.jpeg

Trish,

You have a very pretty face in both pictures. However, the second picture is stunning because your happiness shines through. Look at your smile and the twinkle in your eyes!

When did Harper get so big???

On 12/27/2017 at 8:01 AM, Michael_A said:

Ha ha well, I myself have gotten bony hands, and neck bones! I can't stop touching my neck bones!  So I tend to notice it right now I suppose :-)

I thought I was the only one touching their bony neck and hands!!

17 hours ago, Nana Trish said:

You guys are too kind...thank you!!

@Michael_A...I'm the same way with my neck/collar bones, lol. Always touching them!! It's almost like I forgot that I had bones under all of the fat that used to be there. It's the strangest feeling, isn't it?

You know how some people flex their biceps? I now flex my collarbones!!

8 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

I thought I was the only one touching their bony neck and hands!!

I do it constantly. I I stare at my hand in admiring fascination when the light falls on them just right and they look kind of scrawny. Happily in awe right now... :-)

Just now, Michael_A said:

I do it constantly. I I stare at my hand in admiring fascination when the light falls on them just right and they look kind of scrawny. Happily in awe right now... :-)

I do that too...but with me, it's more my wrists than my hands, actually. They look so tiny to me sometimes, lol. I'll be brushing my teeth before bed or something like that and catch a glimpse of them in the mirror and it's still so strange! Same thing with my collar bones :) I keep thinking I'm going to look in the mirror in the morning and see the old me looking back...gives me nightmares!