Bigmike33

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Mike and I had my vsg done on December 11th. Other than the 1st day/night post op gas pains (worse pain I ever had) everything has been great so far. I do get lightheaded pretty much every time I stand up but from lurking around it seems the consensus is lack of water or salt in my diet. Look forward to learning as much as I can from everyone and at the same time help anyone I can. 

Welcome @Bigmike33. Congrats on your surgery - you have some exciting times ahead! :) 

I had a lot of lightheadedness in the first few months, but it eventually went away. I get it occasionally now, but usually if I haven’t eaten. 

You’ve come to the right place for support - great people here. 

Welcome to Thinner Times Mike!

I had a good bit of lightheadedness early out so I bumped my fluids up and that seemed to sort it out.

Be careful about how much sodium you add.  It plays a significant part in your body’s ability to retain or release water, so if you add too much sodium, your kidneys excrete more water and this can make your electrolyte balance more out of whack.

Check out Emergen C, Gatorade G2 and Powerade® Zero.  

Welcome to TT Mike! 

13 hours ago, Bigmike33 said:

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself. My name is Mike and I had my vsg done on December 11th. Other than the 1st day/night post op gas pains (worse pain I ever had) everything has been great so far. I do get lightheaded pretty much every time I stand up but from lurking around it seems the consensus is lack of water or salt in my diet. Look forward to learning as much as I can from everyone and at the same time help anyone I can. 

Just keep up the fluids and protein. You losing now?

14 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Just keep up the fluids and protein. You losing now?

Definitely losing although I worked pretty hard the months leading up to surgery as well. From the day of surgery 12/11 to now 20lbs- from roughly September over 50lbs all together! 

17 hours ago, cinwa said:

Welcome to Thinner Times Mike!

I had a good bit of lightheadedness early out so I bumped my fluids up and that seemed to sort it out.

Be careful about how much sodium you add.  It plays a significant part in your body’s ability to retain or release water, so if you add too much sodium, your kidneys excrete more water and this can make your electrolyte balance more out of whack.

Check out Emergen C, Gatorade G2 and Powerade® Zero.  

Thank you for the input! I definitely keep an eye of my sodium intake and Powerade zero has been my go to! 

Welcome Mike, and congrats on your surgery. I just had mine done on December 12, so I am also still a newbie. :rolleyes: Really looking forward to your updates!