Elisa

Hi all! Gastric sleeve newbie

Hello everyone, 

Well, here I am at the very start of my journey and at total rock bottom when it comes to my weight.  

I’ve booked my gastric sleeve for January 16th. I’m scared, nervous but most of all EXCITED and relieved that this is happening.

I hope to get to know you all over the next year or so

e xxx

Welcome to Thinner Times Elisa!

I had mine 8 wks ago, have lost 38# and haven't regretted it for a second!!!  2018 is going to be a great year for you!!!

Welcome, Elisa, there is a lot of info here, and you'll do better if you really immerse yourself here for support :)

Thank you!

38lbs, wow wow wow

i can’t wait...or should that be weight!

Welcome to TTF! You've picked a great place to come for support and information - so much of both here :) 

Congrats on the upcoming surgery !! Welcome to TT

Welcome to TT and congratulations on your date!

Welcome Elisa!

HI Elisa - let us know how we can help with questions, anxieties, hints, ...

Best thing I've ever done for myself was getting my sleeve last March. 

Welcome to the forum and to the start of your brand new gloriously healthy life!!

Welcome!  A lifetime of being thin, more healthy and more active lies ahead of you as long as you stick to the post operation diet plan from your surgeon.  

We are here to support and inform you on your weight loss surgery journey.

By the way, I went to school in London many years ago and have visited there regularly ever since  - it is one of my favorite (or should I say "favourite" :D) places in the world!

I’m so excited! I start my pre op diet on Friday. 10 days before op.  It’s quite nice to be honest!

Ive attached it below.  Annas  is pineapple!  It’s a 1200 calorie diet plan, Ive also bought some purition protein powders. I’m going to start having one a day from tmrw, then the actual diet on Friday.  If I want I might switch in a shake to replace meals, but I’ll make sure I’m under that calorie limit!

Ive also told my nearest and dearest, just a handful of people and they have all been so supportive. No negative nelly comments, nothing but positive. I think because they’ve known me for so long, and complaining about my weight or on the perpetual diet since foreve, that they can see how life changing this will be for me.

CCF38E20-5A26-4AC0-8060-D33318D7E496.png

Edited by Elisa

That's a lot of pineapple - I hope you like it! :) 

A 1200 calorie, sensible plan for the 10 days before surgery - I like it! Lots of people on the forum have had long liquid-only diets to deal with, so your plan sounds a bit like heaven to many, I think! Best of luck in the days leading up to surgery. And Happy New Year!

It's getting closer, Elisa, how exciting!  I love pineapples (especially fresh ones) so I would love your diet! (plus I had only liquids for 2 wks prior so I would have REALLY loved it! ha!)

Congratulations on your decision, Elisa! I had WLS in April and it is the best decision I have ever made. I wish you nothing but the best. 

Your diet plan sounds lovely. So many of the folks on the forum have been on a liquid only diet. I was lucky to be able to eat regular meals until the night before surgery. 

For some reason, for the last week, my two year old has been yelling “Ananas! Piña (pineapple in Spanish)”. I have no idea why. :)

Welcome to TTF!

That diet sounds like a little piece of heaven to me! Really though, my mind, palate/cravings have totally changed since starting this.  Homemade pizza only for this kid anymore... And this is not a complaint :)

I have so many ideas saved up in my head to try out, And @Elisa, welcome hun, so great to have you on board.