EMHMaine

Three months out - before and after

I have lost 50 pounds since my surgery in mid-September. Very close to getting under 200 pounds! Woohoo! The first 5-6 weeks post-op were rough, as I had severe exhaustion, but now I feel wonderful. Soooo many compliments this holiday season, as people see the "new me". (People who don't see me often just think my haircut is different! haha!)

IMG_1483.JPG

You look great! And very happy :) 

I like your sweater dress - it looks very cozy but pulled together. 

Best of luck getting into onderland. It's a great place!

Wow, great progress!

You look great!  Have you lost much hair? Because it doesn't look it, your cut is adorable. Love the sweater dress too! I'm at the same weight today....waiting for the step into Onerland! 

Love love love!  You look fantastic!  Keep up the good work <3

On 12/26/2017 at 1:51 PM, CheeringCJ said:

You look great!  Have you lost much hair? Because it doesn't look it, your cut is adorable. Love the sweater dress too! I'm at the same weight today....waiting for the step into Onerland! 

No, I haven't lost much hair, thankfully. Just the past few weeks I have noticed a few strands coming out when I shower, but before that, nothing. My hairdresser has been impressed that I haven't lost some, as she has seen much more hair loss in others. Wondering when this typically happens? Right away? 

2 minutes ago, EMHMaine said:

No, I haven't lost much hair, thankfully. Just the past few weeks I have noticed a few strands coming out when I shower, but before that, nothing. My hairdresser has been impressed that I haven't lost some, as she has seen much more hair loss in others. Wondering when this typically happens? Right away? 

3 months is what I always hear and what happened to me...I was doing fine with my biotin and protein levels and then right on the date practically, it started 3 months out.  I had pretty thick hair to start so my sister says now I just look like most other people, but it feels pretty noticeable to me.

You look fantastic - congratulations!  Love, love your outfit!

2 minutes ago, kayak19 said:

3 months is what I always hear and what happened to me...I was doing fine with my biotin and protein levels and then right on the date practically, it started 3 months out.  I had pretty thick hair to start so my sister says now I just look like most other people, but it feels pretty noticeable to me.

Shoot! I had hoped I had missed that side effect, but since I am starting to see more signs of loss, and I'm at the three month mark, I guess I didn't. Crossing my fingers it doesn't become noticeable. 

It is such an amazing feeling to buy clothes at regular stores now and not just online, or Lane Bryant, etc.!!! I've gone from size 22/24 to size 16, or L/XL. I hadn't worn a short dress in many years so this was a big step! I haven't worn shorts in over 10 years so this coming summer will be exciting! But first I need to survive the current -4 temperatures in Maine! :o 

11 hours ago, kayak19 said:

.darn, I guess I can look forward to Valentine's Day being my hair loss time.....Brrrrr, that'll be chilly in the winter...maybe I'll cover it with beanies and hats! hahaha!  I have thin hair, so it will be obvious, but I'd rather be thin and have thinner hair than be fat with my regular hair!

Edited by CheeringCJ

11 hours ago, EMHMaine said:

Shoot! I had hoped I had missed that side effect, but since I am starting to see more signs of loss, and I'm at the three month mark, I guess I didn't. Crossing my fingers it doesn't become noticeable. 

It is such an amazing feeling to buy clothes at regular stores now and not just online, or Lane Bryant, etc.!!! I've gone from size 22/24 to size 16, or L/XL. I hadn't worn a short dress in many years so this was a big step! I haven't worn shorts in over 10 years so this coming summer will be exciting! But first I need to survive the current -4 temperatures in Maine! :o 

So glad you are down to 16s and L/XL!  I'm at the same weight as you are....203 and waaaiiiitttting for Onederland!!!! I've been stuck at that since Christmas, but that was a 2# drop gift I got for Christmas morning so I can't complain. I'm thinking in a week or two ill hit it, and be glad :)

Elizabeth - you look absolutely amazing and I love the outfit.  

12 minutes ago, CheeringCJ said:

So glad you are down to 16s and L/XL!  I'm at the same weight as you are....203 and waaaiiiitttting for Onederland!!!! I've been stuck at that since Christmas, but that was a 2# drop gift I got for Christmas morning so I can't complain. I'm thinking in a week or two ill hit it, and be glad :)

I was 200.6 on the scale this morning .... SO close! I think it's cool how this milestone correlates with the new year. I usually weigh twice a week, but maybe I will try again tomorrow and see if 2018 brings me into Onederland! If not - soon! :D 

Great!!!!  Drink lots of water today ;)

On 12/26/2017 at 5:31 AM, EMHMaine said:

I have lost 50 pounds since my surgery in mid-September. Very close to getting under 200 pounds! Woohoo! The first 5-6 weeks post-op were rough, as I had severe exhaustion, but now I feel wonderful. Soooo many compliments this holiday season, as people see the "new me". (People who don't see me often just think my haircut is different! haha!)

IMG_1483.JPG

What a delightful after picture. I love your dress! You look like a figure skater. :)