Sign in to follow this  
GigiGogo

Call me Grumpy

I woke up this morning mad as #^$### and I don't know why.

I'm six weeks out, everything has gone really well--I don't have anything to complain about.

Last night I ate 3 Trader Joe turkey meatballs and got very sick--I didn't throw up--but had lots of pain, discomfort, nausea--and haven't eaten anything since. The thought of eating makes me sick. Still getting the liquids in...but what an experience! This was the very first time I felt anything not go well when I ate it--I was even beginning to think that I didn't get the sleeve and it was all my imagination. Or that I was unlucky and my pouch was huge.

Why am I so angry? Everything is making me mad...the trash services didn't come last night without notice, none of my pants fit & I have to do laundry, there's water all over the kitchen counter, and I need to vacuum, and it is Christmas morning & I'm alone for the first time in my whole life.

And everywhere people are mindlessly just eating whatever they feel like eating...putting it in their mouths without worrying about weighing it, or analyzing it, or chewing it 30 times. Not waiting to see if it makes them sick. And in a warm house in Washington my family is gathered around a Christmas tree opening gifts and eating Russian teacakes, gooey butter bars, petit fours, and sipping egg nog laced with whiskey. Sigh. 

Wish I didn't feel so x#$%$ angry.

Try papaya enzymes, can get them at Walmart..  helps me when something doesnt like me..  chewable too.  

I get busy cooking and then I'm not hungry.  I don't pay attention to what people eat, I'm there to socialize once food is on the table.  I catch up with everyone's lives.  Often I sit with the 3 grandkids and enjoy them..  right now there are 2 games going on in the living room, one person napping and 2 hanging out in the kitchen. 

I tried eggnog, I used to love it!  Didn't like it at least and I gave the carton away:(  I used to love anything egg nog, sigh..

Chill, relax, enjoy everyone..  merry Christmas!!

Edited by Cheesehead

This was a gift from our son...maybe worth a smile..

IMG_2400.JPG

7 hours ago, GigiGogo said:

I woke up this morning mad as #^$### and I don't know why.

You're just 6 weeks post-op which is about the time that buyers remorse can set in.  Factor in Christmas and that can make everything seem magnified.  And it's probably made worse by having a bad experience with the Trader Joe's Turkey Meatballs.  That can make you feel like crud for a while.

It's possible that at just 6 weeks out from WLS, 3 x Trader Joe's Turkey Meatballs might have been too much for your new sleeve.  Without anything else, they weigh close to 3.8 oz.

Gigi, I am wondering if you are just "grumpy" because you are missing your family and the surgery just adds to your grumpy thinking.  I would be grumpy even if I hadn't had surgery and I wasn't with my family at Christmas, so it is understandable that you feel that way....be nice to you and go easy on yourself.  It is normal to miss your family/traditions at this time of year.  I am sorry your Christmas morning was all alone.  Did you end up getting together with anyone later on?  

14 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

This was a gift from our son...maybe worth a smile..

That makes me smile and laugh out loud every time I see it. :)

Thank you for cheering me up!

13 hours ago, cinwa said:

You're just 6 weeks post-op which is about the time that buyers remorse can set in.  Factor in Christmas and that can make everything seem magnified.  And it's probably made worse by having a bad experience with the Trader Joe's Turkey Meatballs.  That can make you feel like crud for a while.

Can you be my therapist? lol Yes! Yes! Yes! I completely agree about the meatballs. Way too many meatballs. I won't do that again. I don't regret having the sleeve done. I needed it. I have lost so much weight, have so much energy, and feel myself waking back up to life again. What I think I was just tired of was how hard this is--it is so hard. You can't just eat something. You have to think about every darn thing about it. And I'm in that soft food stage where I just sort of am having a hard time figuring out what to eat. And it is hard when I spent the first 53 years of my life eating a lot of food and loving it all--and now I will try and think about eating something--and I feel so sick. Like halibut. I was going to buy some halibut. I love halibut--but do I? I used to. I went to the market, but halibut is not to be found at this time...and when I imagined cooking it and eating it--I felt nauseated. What do I like to eat? I don't know! And that is a tad frustrating. They weren't lying when they said your "taste buds" would change.

9 hours ago, CheeringCJ said:

Gigi, I am wondering if you are just "grumpy" because you are missing your family and the surgery just adds to your grumpy thinking.  I would be grumpy even if I hadn't had surgery and I wasn't with my family at Christmas, so it is understandable that you feel that way....be nice to you and go easy on yourself.  It is normal to miss your family/traditions at this time of year.  I am sorry your Christmas morning was all alone.  Did you end up getting together with anyone later on?  

Yes--you're right. :) And next year, I won't be alone. :) This year it was a financial/surgery recovery decision. Thanks for your reply!

1 hour ago, GigiGogo said:

Yes--you're right. :) And next year, I won't be alone. :) This year it was a financial/surgery recovery decision. Thanks for your reply!

I get that....and it sucked yesterday but by next year (your "skinny Christmas"!) you'll be glad you made this decision. :)