Ronny

Words of wisdom for everyone especially newbies

I had my sleeve surgery on Dec 13th 2017. I ended up having a hernia repair in addition to the sleeve. I went home on the 14th and thought everything went fine. I thought it was weird that my roomate in the hospital could eat from her tray without pain(she had the bypass)but i figured everyone heals differently. Any a couple of days passed and i began to have such a heavy feeling in my chest. I started to have trouble breathing and the pain progressed throughout the day. I called the doctor's office and they said they would see me in the office the next day. As the day went on the more pain i was in. I called the emergency line for my doctor because it was after hours by this time. I explained what was going on and the oncall doctor said go to E.R. I am a single mom and i didnt have anyone to take me. I knew i had to go so i took all my strength and drove 25 min to the closest E.R. Long story short i had a blood clot in my liver(very serious problem) and ended up back in the hospital for two days. I will be on blood thinners for three months but Iam alive and feeling better. If you feel something is not right GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM!  Me not waiting saved my life, we all know surgery comes with risk so I am sharing my story in hopes of saving one of you.

Much love 

Ronny

Glad you took the initiative and got yourself to the ER! I hope your recovery proceeds better from here on out. 

I'm sorry you had to go through that Ronny but thank you for reminding us that we should not ignore new or unusual areas of pain.

Yikes! It is a good thing you went to the ER!   I am glad you're alive and well to testify about it....and especially being a single mom, your kid(s) are lucky you went and got treatment!

12 hours ago, Ronny said:

I had my sleeve surgery on Dec 13th 2017. I ended up having a hernia repair in addition to the sleeve. I went home on the 14th and thought everything went fine. I thought it was weird that my roomate in the hospital could eat from her tray without pain(she had the bypass)but i figured everyone heals differently. Any a couple of days passed and i began to have such a heavy feeling in my chest. I started to have trouble breathing and the pain progressed throughout the day. I called the doctor's office and they said they would see me in the office the next day. As the day went on the more pain i was in. I called the emergency line for my doctor because it was after hours by this time. I explained what was going on and the oncall doctor said go to E.R. I am a single mom and i didnt have anyone to take me. I knew i had to go so i took all my strength and drove 25 min to the closest E.R. Long story short i had a blood clot in my liver(very serious problem) and ended up back in the hospital for two days. I will be on blood thinners for three months but Iam alive and feeling better. If you feel something is not right GO TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM!  Me not waiting saved my life, we all know surgery comes with risk so I am sharing my story in hopes of saving one of you.

Much love 

Ronny

Wow, good job for pushing through to the ER in spite of your difficulties! Hope the recovery goes well. Keep in touch!

@Ronny So glad you got yourself in and are doing better. Let us know how you're doing.

Wow, @Ronny, very scary stuff!! I'm so glad you went to the ER and got it diagnosed and treated! How are you feeling now?

Well hello @Ronny, looks like we are two peas in a pod my friend lol. Check out my latest post , I think we could chat for days over this one ;)