Missdigital

Lets talk snacks baby!

So I was wondering what kind of snacks do you all eat... I want to keep the weight off I've lost a total of 101 lbs

are the Sargento Balanced Break a good option?

some of them have 8 g of protein and 170 calories

heres a link to the ones I'm talking about -

https://www.amazon.com/Sargento-Balanced-Natural-Cheddar-Cranberries/dp/B01EIHD12Y/ref=sr_1_4_a_f_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1513106870&sr=8-4&ppw=fresh&keywords=sargento

Jerky is another option.  Jack Link's - Beef Steak (Original) has 12g protein per oz. for 60 calories.

Nuts, string cheese, any kind of cheese, hard boiled eggs - you can just eat the egg white if you really want to focus on protein. Personally I wouldn't eat the cranberries in that pack you posted. If want something sweet or carbs, I'm going to have sugar or a couple of chips rather than dried fruit.

I agree with @Stephtay , while you're still in active weight loss, dried fruit is probably not your best friend.  There are several P3 offerings that are just nuts, meat and cheese that are a decent snack.  Actually sometimes they are an on-the-go meal for me. 

My favorite snacks are greek yogurt or jerky depending on whether I'm wanting sweet or savory.  I don't have issues with artificial sweetners and like the Dannon LIght and Fit greek yogurt.

Hunts Sugar free pudding 70 calories. Sugar free fudge pops 40 calories. Kind bar ( The protein one)

Congrats @Missdigital that is impressive loss! So I eat low sugar beef jerky a lot or an half apple as a snack. the other usual suspects are things like celery. 

I slice radishes very very thin, drop them into vinegar, and then make a drained radish salad using just some parsley leaves and little cubes of feta cheese. It's really low calories, has protein, crunch, and the snap of parsley. You could also use cilantro. It's actually a big hit at dinner parties at my house too. You can dramatically change it by using balsamic vinegar instead of basic vinegar, etc. You can put as much or little feta cheese in to modulate the calories and protein. It's a great snack too and doesn't need refrigeration if you take it to work. 

One not frequently used: sheets of nori. that's the flat seaweed that sushi rolls get wrapped up into. they are crunchy, touch salty, only 2-4 calories per entire sheet, you can spend 5 minutes chewing up a single sheet. 

Edited by BurgundyBoy
mis-spelllllled words.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 2:30 PM, msmarymac said:

There are several P3 offerings that are just nuts, meat and cheese that are a decent snack.  Actually sometimes they are an on-the-go meal for me. 

These P3 packs are great - I always grab some every time I grocery shop.  My obsession is Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds.  The other is beef or turkey jerky.  More rarely, I love sugar-free Rainbow Sherbet - the Walmart brand is actually delicious.

45 minutes ago, TammyP said:

.......More rarely, I love sugar-free Rainbow Sherbet - the Walmart brand is actually delicious.

I've hunted for a sugar free Rainbow Sherbet at Walmart for my DH but all I've ever found is fat free.  I don't care for anything colder than room temperature but he loves ices. 

Can you show the link to the Walmart Rainbow sf Sherbet.  All I can find is the fat free and that has 21g sugars per 1/2 cup which is a little high for him:   https://www.walmart.com/ip/Great-Value-Rainbow-Sherbet-48-oz/13044996

Oh my goodness, I just checked the carton @cinwa, and it is fat-free, not sugar free.  My apologies.  Your link is the one in my freezer.

@cinwa saves the day again...

8 hours ago, Michael_A said:

@cinwa saves the day again...

Trust me, I have learned from experience over the years.  I have turned label reading into an artform.