NerdyToothpick

I Need Maintenance Help.

@stephtay you're kidding? how awesome!

i love the cafe concept.  it's a great visual.  

maintenance for me has been tricky.  i had a spell of having zero interest in food and not really wanting to bother to eat or to cook for myself.  that passed by around 18 months out. a Now i feel like i want to eat quite often, many days.  @ResIpsa's post actually helped me just now.  I need to change my mindset to believe and understand that the new me is permanent- my days of up and down are over. i need to do the headwork needed to accept that and plan accordingly. 

i'm sorry i don't have big gems of advice for you, but i'm glad you posted this. it's a challenge! 

9 hours ago, Stephtay said:

I auditioned a couple of years ago for RH of Beverly Hills. 

Please tell me you are for real. 

4ECB3957-9FB5-466B-8424-FF195681ECBD.gif

675FEE3F-9EB5-4E81-9D15-CBFA3BB555D6.gif

C272AB82-FF27-4651-8B9D-52938B0AEBFE.gif

5 hours ago, bellamoma said:

@stephtay you're kidding? how awesome!

i love the cafe concept.  it's a great visual.  

maintenance for me has been tricky.  i had a spell of having zero interest in food and not really wanting to bother to eat or to cook for myself.  that passed by around 18 months out. a Now i feel like i want to eat quite often, many days.  @ResIpsa's post actually helped me just now.  I need to change my mindset to believe and understand that the new me is permanent- my days of up and down are over. i need to do the headwork needed to accept that and plan accordingly. 

i'm sorry i don't have big gems of advice for you, but i'm glad you posted this. it's a challenge! 

Thanks for sharing @bellamoma . It honestly helps to know that I’m not alone. 

@NerdyLady,  @Jen581791 - @TammyP and others near maintenance --

Perhaps this is where you get to consider those healthy fats - hard nuts, olive oil, fishes - that have been shown to reduce cardiovascular risk - and make foods taste better - as part of your intake. In the studies that were done on the Mediterranean diet, mortality risks (in people with cardiovascular risk factors) were sometimes halved by these interventions - and (hilariously) sometimes people had to end up swallowing a spoonful of olive oil before bed to get their daily dose in when they had forgotten. Those were not weight loss studies, they were healthy diet studies, .... but pretty convincing. 

Plus maybe you don't have to keep eating the diet cheeses on the market which taste like synthetic rubber, you can upgrade to something worth eating! :D

8 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@NerdyLady,  @Jen581791 - @TammyP and others near maintenance --

Perhaps this is where you get to consider those healthy fats - hard nuts, olive oil, fishes - that have been shown to reduce cardiovascular risk - and make foods taste better - as part of your intake. In the studies that were done on the Mediterranean diet, mortality risks (in people with cardiovascular risk factors) were sometimes halved by these interventions - and (hilariously) sometimes people had to end up swallowing a spoonful of olive oil before bed to get their daily dose in when they had forgotten. Those were not weight loss studies, they were healthy diet studies, .... but pretty convincing. 

Plus maybe you don't have to keep eating the diet cheeses on the market which taste like synthetic rubber, you can upgrade to something worth eating! :D

Life is too short for diet cheese. I eat the full fat stuff, for sure!

My previous problem with the Mediterranean diet was trying to make sure there wasn't too much bread and pasta involved - those are really not on my menu anymore, so I think that will make a lot of sense for me. 

1 hour ago, Jen581791 said:

Life is too short for diet cheese. I eat the full fat stuff, for sure!

My previous problem with the Mediterranean diet was trying to make sure there wasn't too much bread and pasta involved - those are really not on my menu anymore, so I think that will make a lot of sense for me. 

Good point. I guess in my head the pasta has been out of my diet for a long time... complex carbos being in - but you're right, the pasta in the Med Diet is not portrayed as whole wheat or spelt or whatever, it's the usual semolina stuff. 

re: cheese, Contributing to my stall (lack of recent progress) was the decision over the summer to try as many of the local New England cheeses as possible - sort of a locavore routine. I think I need to install a lock on my fridge to prevent the sampling of said cheese after hours. Ah, the flesh is weak... and the full fat stuff is better.