CheeringCJ

The next to the last of the November Newbies goes for surgery tomorrow.....

So, @delilas , tomorrow is your big day....and then Stephanie ( @Lynn74) tomorrow and then we will wrap up the bunch of us new November surgery receivers!!!  We have a huge loser bench and have been filling it every week....and we have room for two more...YOU and Stephanie!!!!  Good luck with your surgery, you'll be in my prayers all day tomorrow! :) 

And when you wake up, you'll be right there on our bench along w/ the rest of us "losers"!!!!

(I think that is all we have, unless anyone knows anyone else is out there...who of course would be added to our November group's bench!)

Edited by CJireh
Edited because I forgot to add Stephanie!

So excited for you @delilas! I have to say, going through this experience with all of you November surgery buddies has meant a lot to me. The support has been unreal (from the veterans as well). I hope that knowing there are so many of us cheering you on is as helpful to you as it was to me. Won’t be long now!

22 hours ago, CJireh said:

So, @delilas , tomorrow is your big day....and then Stephanie ( @Lynn74) tomorrow and then we will wrap up the bunch of us new November surgery receivers!!!  We have a huge loser bench and have been filling it every week....and we have room for two more...YOU and Stephanie!!!!  Good luck with your surgery, you'll be in my prayers all day tomorrow! :) 

And when you wake up, you'll be right there on our bench along w/ the rest of us "losers"!!!!

(I think that is all we have, unless anyone knows anyone else is out there...who of course would be added to our November group's bench!)

Thank so much! The hospital just called to ask if I would be able to pay my co-pay tomorrow. I told her yes and when I hung up the phone it finally 'hit me'. This is happening. Very excited but no nerves or fear yet! 

What time do you go in? 

2 minutes ago, CJireh said:

What time do you go in? 

Actually, they are to call me around 4:00 today and let me know. The surgeons do their next day schedule in the afternoon of the day prior. I hope it's early, but I doubt it. They let diabetics and those with latex allergies go first, so I'm guessing it will be sometime around 11-ish or noon. I hate the short notice. 

Mine was at 10:30 but I had to be there at 8:30 to get dressed and get IVs put in and talk to the anesthesiologist and surgeon, so even if yours is at 11, you'll probably be in getting ready at 9. I would have to have like a 2pm surgery and have to wait

2 minutes ago, CJireh said:

Mine was at 10:30 but I had to be there at 8:30 to get dressed and get IVs put in and talk to the anesthesiologist and surgeon, so even if yours is at 11, you'll probably be in getting ready at 9. I would have to have like a 2pm surgery and have to wait

Yes that's another reason I don't want to be last....every delay falls on you if you're last.He said an uneventful surgery takes him about 45 min to an hour. 

Mine took 2 hrs but I didn't care.....it only mattered to my husband in the waiting room. ThEn when I finished, the dr called him and said all went well and I was in recovery and he'd be able to see me in about four hours, so go get lunch. I remember the Recovery room but didn't realize I was there that long since I was in and out.  The day will seem like only a few hours long for you since you'll sleep most of it :)

I just got the call. Well, actually CALLS, lol. The first call, they told me to be there @ 6:30 in the morning which was great for me, but my mom had to go to Lexington today with her sister and probably won't be home until late, so that was going to be hard on her. About 30 minutes later, I got another call that said he had changed it to 9:30, so that's still okay. my mom will be able to get a bit more rest and my surgery will be around 11:00. 

3 hours ago, Lynn74 said:

I just got the call. Well, actually CALLS, lol. The first call, they told me to be there @ 6:30 in the morning which was great for me, but my mom had to go to Lexington today with her sister and probably won't be home until late, so that was going to be hard on her. About 30 minutes later, I got another call that said he had changed it to 9:30, so that's still okay. my mom will be able to get a bit more rest and my surgery will be around 11:00. 

So close and so exciting! Best wishes!

6 hours ago, Lynn74 said:

YAY! So glad you're still feeling calm and positive. The great thing is that you get to sleep through the hard part! :) Best of luck.

6 hours ago, Lynn74 said:

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow.....as you slide over to the bench and begin your new life!!!

Thank you all so much! It's going to be hard to sleep tonight. After getting those calls from the hospital, it has put me in high gear. I could hardly sit down the rest of the day. No worries, just excited! Again, thanks so much for the well wishes and encouragement! Bless each of you! <3

Oh yeah...I will update as soon as I can! 

I'm thinking of you today Lynn74.  They'll be a warm spot waiting for you on the losers bench.

Thanks for thinking of me :) I got through it all on Wednesday but we've hit some snags in my ability to take in enough fluids, so I am still hanging out in the hospital as yet. Just happy to be on the other side!

3 hours ago, delilas said:

Thanks for thinking of me :) I got through it all on Wednesday but we've hit some snags in my ability to take in enough fluids, so I am still hanging out in the hospital as yet. Just happy to be on the other side!

Welcome to the losers' bench, Delila!!! Sorry about your snag...hit some myself which kept me in two days longer, but at least you're in good hands there. Take care and continue to heal. So glad it's done!!!

Edited by CJireh

4 hours ago, delilas said:

Welcome to the loser's bench, @delilas!  Hope your fluids situation is resolved quickly so you can get home soon!

delilas  -  sorry you got off to a bumpy start with the fluids.  Fingers crossed that it's onwards and upwards now.

Congrats on having surgery over, @delilas! I hope you get to go home soon!