michiganmilkman

Pre op weight loss

35 minutes ago, michiganmilkman said:

Hello. Jyst a update for those of you who care. I went in for my January weigh in and im down 7.5 lbs from my December weight. Im pretty stoked about it. Take care  Rob

Those pounds sound like they have been hard won, and you should be pretty stoked about it. :) Keep at it!  

45 minutes ago, michiganmilkman said:

Hello. Jyst a update for those of you who care. I went in for my January weigh in and im down 7.5 lbs from my December weight. Im pretty stoked about it. Take care  Rob

That's fantastic! I'm particularly impressed that you were able to do that during the holidays. Thanks for keeping us updated.

3 hours ago, michiganmilkman said:

That is awesome news, Rob! I actually have been thinking of you lately. I have run into a few bumps in the road myself. Unbeknownst to us my husbands employer changed insurance at the first of the year. Their requirements are different than the insurance than we had for the last several years. It was quite an unexpected shock.

I too am hanging in here doing the best that I can to make it work. Maybe we will be surgery buddies after all. :)

Thanks for the update and please keep updating us.

Edited by Readytobeme

6 minutes ago, Readytobeme said:

That is awesome news, Rob! I actually have been thinking of you lately. I have run into a few bumps in the road myself. Unbeknownst to us my husbands employer changed insurance at the first of the year. Their requirements are different than the insurance than we had for the last several years. It was quite an unexpected shock.

I too am hanging in here doing the best that I can to make it work. Maybe we will be surgery buddies after all. :)

Thanks for the update and please keep updating us.

I hope all goes well with your insurance change. Im sick of dealing with them lol

3 hours ago, Gretta said:

That's fantastic! I'm particularly impressed that you were able to do that during the holidays. Thanks for keeping us updated.

I was shocked myself. I ate right every day except Christmas.  And new years eve.

3 minutes ago, michiganmilkman said:

I hope all goes well with your insurance change. Im sick of dealing with them lol

Pfffttttttt........ you and me both! I honestly spent 2 days on the phone with them this week. Today was spent on the phone ALL day with our prescription insurance trying to get a script filled. I have more than had with these people. I honestly have not dealt with more ignorant people than the people at optum RX. A supervisor actually told me that I should be glad I have prescription insurance at all because many people don't. Seriously. He said exactly that.

5 minutes ago, michiganmilkman said:

I was shocked myself. I ate right every day except Christmas.  And new years eve.

My surgeon will submit for approval the first week of February. I have only lost about 4 pounds. I am just waiting for them to have something to say about that.

My surgeon deals with UHC quite often and they don't think it will be a problem. I just know how things go for me.

My next weigh in is feb 1.   I plan on leaving the dr office and driving my weight loss form to the bariatric center. Im hoping that everything goes fairly quickly.  I need the recovery time so I can get back to work

2 minutes ago, michiganmilkman said:

My next weigh in is feb 1.   I plan on leaving the dr office and driving my weight loss form to the bariatric center. Im hoping that everything goes fairly quickly.  I need the recovery time so I can get back to work

I weigh in at my surgeons office before the classes that I go to. I am hoping that they have one as soon as feb 1. After I get approved, I have to start my Optifast diet and do it for 1 month before surgery. So, I am looking at March for surgery.

You may get lucky and have yours in february! Fingers and toes crossed for you.

7 minutes ago, Readytobeme said:

I weigh in at my surgeons office before the classes that I go to. I am hoping that they have one as soon as feb 1. After I get approved, I have to start my Optifast diet and do it for 1 month before surgery. So, I am looking at March for surgery.

You may get lucky and have yours in february! Fingers and toes crossed for you.

Thanks im hoping for the best. Its been one hell of a roller coaster of emotions sence I started this in june

1 minute ago, michiganmilkman said:

Thanks im hoping for the best. Its been one hell of a roller coaster of emotions sence I started this in june

I actually started researching about 2 years ago. I tried another method (bariatric Dr and appetite suppressants) first. I had success and kept the weight off for a long time using that method in the past. I gave it that one last try before deciding on Surgery. I just started going to the classes for Surgery last September though.

The wait is hard but in my case I am actually thankful for it. I had some very difficult things come up in my family that I had to deal with. Plus I feel that the more I learn and try to prepare, the better my chances of long term success. I do not want to go through all of this just to regain the weight for sure.

The fear of regaining the weight back is a real nightmare. I had a cousin that had lap band done 18 yrs ago. He had a hard time with it and got bypass surgery done in march of 2016. He is doing excellent. Lost alot if weight. Has better skin color.  Just overall healthier . He was my inspiration to pursue doing this.

20 minutes ago, michiganmilkman said:

The fear of regaining the weight back is a real nightmare. I had a cousin that had lap band done 18 yrs ago. He had a hard time with it and got bypass surgery done in march of 2016. He is doing excellent. Lost alot if weight. Has better skin color.  Just overall healthier . He was my inspiration to pursue doing this.

I saw a cardiologist last week. He has two friends (both in medical field) that had RNY more than 5 years ago and have both kept the weight off. I really think that being mindful of you are eating, tracking everything that goes into your mouth and belonging to a support group are key.

Seems like the people that quit tracking what they are eating or stop getting support are the ones that regain. From what I have seen anyway.

Edited by Readytobeme

I am reading my third book right now about changing your mindset and relationship with food. It seems that is a huge factor in keeping the weight off. A person can't slip back into old habits and expect to keep the weight off. These are all things that I am learning from the classes that I attend and also from reading about life after WLS.