I have to be at the hospital in 12 hours, 530 am Nov 10, to check in for my 730 am surgery.

I'm a little nervous, and am looking forward to 8 days from now, when I fly home to Fairbanks. My 3-yo is with us, but I'm missing my other 4 kids a lot! 

If all goes well, I will be discharged on Sun the 12th.

My weight today at the pre-op appointment was 218.

The hospital gave me the bottle of special soap that I'm supposed to shower with in the morning. I'll need to be up about 4am (California time).

@TP1210, I want to thank you for posting about your experience, two years ago. I was lurking at the time but came across your blow-by-blow of the events leading up to your surgery, even posting as they were taking you to the OR :-)  That was the moment that I pretty much said, this guy can do it, so can I.

I'm so grateful for the friendships I've made here.

Michael, somehow I missed that you live in Fairbanks!  I was born there - well, technically at Ft. Wainwright, but close enough. 

Best of luck to you tomorrow, you’ll do great! (And when you’re up and around, maybe you can post some pics of the town :) !)

Happy surgery day, @Michael_A.....it'll feel good just to get it over with (says a girl who is new to the bench!) I impressed at your weightloss before surgery!!  Good for you...you are serious about his and will be very successful!

will be praying for you tomorrow!!!

You have made the most amazing progress pre op, and if anyone has earned a seat on the losers bench, it's you!! As you've heard many times here, nerves are normal...but I can imagine yours are worse than the average WLS patent, considering everything you've had to do to get here. Best wishes for a flawless surgery and an easy recovery! You're on your way!!

Edited by Trish1967

Wow, 218 already! You'll be at goal in no time! One thing we know about your surgeon is she is very careful. That's a comfort. Can't wait to meet you Wednesday! Let me know if you need ANYTHING any time!

1 hour ago, Michael_A said:

... a little nervous, and am looking forward to 8 days from now, when I fly home to Fairbanks. My 3-yo is with us, but I'm missing my other 4 kids a lot! 

@TP1210, I want to thank you for posting about your experience, ...
I'm so grateful for the friendships I've made here.

Michael, you'll do great. Easy to "know" what will happen and quite different to have it happening to you. 

Everyone on the Forum has had their lives enriched by you, and to be more specific, I have and thank you so very much. I'm so happy for you that this is moving forward after all this time. Your family is lucky to have you. 

You know the drill, even the words am about to write, "so post when able after the surgery." You're about to go through the portal...

Can't wait to welcome you to the bench, @Michael_A! As @Trish1967 said, you have EARNED your spot on the bench - very impressive progress up to this point. You've truly showed your true grit and strength as you've waited for your liver to shrink to be ready for surgery.

I'm looking forward to hear about all of your post-op successes, as well. 

Good luck!  My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.  Hoping all goes smoothly!  You've got this!  Looking forward to your first post from the losers bench!  

I'm wishing you all the best, @Michael_A. I know I've said it before but you were one of the first people to reach out when I came to TTF community. I will never forget your kindness and hope I can be a good friend to you  

Surgery is just the beginning of your new journey. I'm looking forward to the day you reach goal and become a swimsuit model. You are in my thoughts and in my heart. 

Good luck today Michael.  My prayers and thoughts are with you.  

I cannot wait to welcome you to the losers bench, especially since your trip to the bench has been such a long one.

Thanks so much for the kind and encouraging words everyone!

This is me and my wife Anna and our daughter Serenity. The surgeon came by and I’m almost ready to go!

Photo Nov 10, 6 57 22 AM (Medium).jpg

Edited by Michael_A

So excited and happy for you Michael and can't wait for you to check in post-surgery! :)

now's the easy part, @Michael_A...you get to sleep through this part!  The next part will be tougher but manageable!  So, pull up your iv pole and join us on the bench as soon as you're done!!!  Praying for you, buddy!

Edited by CJireh

@CJireh...isn’t it awesome that you can finally say to join US on the losers bench?!? Woot! I hope you’re feeling well today ❤️

@Michael_A, I hope you’re done with your surgery now, and starting your recovery :) Thoughts and prayers coming your way!

@Trish1967 it does feel weird, and for some reason, doesn't feel real yet! I just feel like I'm in this limbo "gotta figure things out" stage but not losing yet. More like I'm crawling my way over and nearly collapsing at the bench...haha!!!

I know exactly what you mean! I’m one week away from my 6 month surgiversary, and I only started to feel like I “get it” over the past month, lol. You have a LOT of swelling and fluid floating around inside your body right now, and sometimes it takes a couple of weeks to start seeing the scale go down. But it will, I promise!! 

No collapsing on the bench, lol...you’re a lot stronger than you think you are right now. Just tired and healing ❤️

@Trish1967 my dr told me at my 2 week check up, the first 6 months are a learning time, so true!

Checking in to see how you're doing this morning Michael.

Hey I'm still alive!!  I edited my post above with the pic I was trying to do when the OR guy came and said "turn that off it's time to go".

Was out cold from surgery time at 730, until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Even then I super tired, slept every chance I got.

I'm sore but have little actual pain. They are giving me a bottle of Tylenol in the IV every 12 hours, and it really helps. Leak test showed no problems.

They won't allow children on the floor that they've put me, so I'm going to the lobby in a bit to meet with my wife and little girl and hang out for a bit.

Should be discharged tomorrow.

SOOOOO...somebody better welcome me to the bench.....

18 minutes ago, Michael_A said:

Hey I'm still alive!!  I edited my post above with the pic I was trying to do when the OR guy came and said "turn that off it's time to go".

Was out cold from surgery time at 730, until 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Even then I super tired, slept every chance I got.

I'm sore but have little actual pain. They are giving me a bottle of Tylenol in the IV every 12 hours, and it really helps. Leak test showed no problems.

They won't allow children on the floor that they've put me, so I'm going to the lobby in a bit to meet with my wife and little girl and hang out for a bit.

Should be discharged tomorrow.

SOOOOO...somebody better welcome me to the bench.....

Great news!!  Welcome to the losers bench!!  Your path to the bench has been a long one - I doubt that anyone has ever been better prepared for their weight loss surgery. :)