tracyringo

3 month post op today !!!

Man has the last 3 months flown by !!  All in all I am doing well.  I have got my acid reflux under control and the hernia I have they are leaving alone for now.  In other news I lost 11 lbs in this 3rd month !!  Very happy about that. It brings me to 37 lb loss since surgery and 52 lbs down since the liquid diet !!  Everything is adding up.

Good news on the acid reflux being under control Tracy and it sounds as if you're doing amazingly well - 37lb down since your surgery is outstanding.  That's an average of just over 12lb a month.

Hooray! Sooo glad the reflux is under control! Your weight loss is very impressive! Great work!!!!

Thanks @Gretta and @cinwa it is nice having that reflux under control !!

1 hour ago, tracyringo said:

Man has the last 3 months flown by !!  All in all I am doing well.  I have got my acid reflux under control and the hernia I have they are leaving alone for now.  In other news I lost 11 lbs in this 3rd month !!  Very happy about that. It brings me to 37 lb loss since surgery and 52 lbs down since the liquid diet !!  Everything is adding up.

Nice work Tracy! You've lost more than a sixth of your starting weight... I bet things like your blood pressure, pulse, blood tests are all improved. Congratulations!

Congrats on your 3 month anniversary! It looks like you're doing really well. 12 pounds a month? It doesn't take long to add up to some crazy numbers at that speed :) 

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Nice work Tracy! You've lost more than a sixth of your starting weight... I bet things like your blood pressure, pulse, blood tests are all improved. Congratulations!

I do feel better a lot better with 52 lbs off of me !  Thank you

1 hour ago, Jen581791 said:

Congrats on your 3 month anniversary! It looks like you're doing really well. 12 pounds a month? It doesn't take long to add up to some crazy numbers at that speed :) 

Thanks Jen .  My goal is 10 lb  a month. So I am happy with that 11 this month !

• Congrats!  That's awesome!

Great job and congratulations!  

You how in the world did three months pass that quickly?!? You're doing amazing!!!  Keep it up (but the weight down!)

Congrats!! Amazing work. :) 

On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, Cheesehead said:
  • Congrats!  That's awesome!

Thank you !

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 7:16 AM, Res Ipsa said:

Great job and congratulations!  

Thank you

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:07 AM, CJireh said:

You how in the world did three months pass that quickly?!? You're doing amazing!!!  Keep it up (but the weight down!)

Thank you CJ .  Hope you are doing well.

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:38 AM, kristinwitha_k said:

Congrats!! Amazing work. :) 

Thank you !  Good luck on your upcoming surgery !

35 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

Thank you CJ .  Hope you are doing well.

I am, thanks. Better every day. Last night the gas pains finally hit which was funny Bc I expected them day one but never got any. They weren't unbearable, but did hurt strongly for a few seconds at a time (it was nice they were fleeting). I didn't get up and walk Bc it was 2 am. I took some gas x which my dr had recommended but I honestly don't understand it Bc it worked.....so it can't be gas from the surgery since they use CO2 and that gets trapped in your abdominal cavity (would work it's way up to the diaphragm and perhaps cause pain there or refered pain to shoulder), and gas x (simethecone) wouldn't work on that.....and what I had was intestinal gas, so I can't figure the correlation....or is it just something else like meds causing the gas?  It just isn't logical to me. :huh:

Sorry, I know you were just asking how I was doing, not asking for a paragraph on gas!!! but then again nothing is sacred on this board, so gas-talk is what it is....LOL!!!

Edited by CJireh

It could be the sipping of drinks that cause it CJireh because every time you put a cup to your mouth, it's instinctive to take in a breath of air first.

Using a straw,  or a sippy cup will sort that out.

4 hours ago, CJireh said:

I am, thanks. Better every day. Last night the gas pains finally hit which was funny Bc I expected them day one but never got any. They weren't unbearable, but did hurt strongly for a few seconds at a time (it was nice they were fleeting). I didn't get up and walk Bc it was 2 am. I took some gas x which my dr had recommended but I honestly don't understand it Bc it worked.....so it can't be gas from the surgery since they use CO2 and that gets trapped in your abdominal cavity (would work it's way up to the diaphragm and perhaps cause pain there or refered pain to shoulder), and gas x (simethecone) wouldn't work on that.....and what I had was intestinal gas, so I can't figure the correlation....or is it just something else like meds causing the gas?  It just isn't logical to me. :huh:

Sorry, I know you were just asking how I was doing, not asking for a paragraph on gas!!! but then again nothing is sacred on this board, so gas-talk is what it is....LOL!!!

Cinwa brings up a good point about the gas.  I notice more gas now than before( I belch a LOT especially after eating or drinking something) I assumed it was since the stomach is so much smaller it has no where to go. Just my thought I am not a Dr. lol

4 hours ago, cinwa said:

It could be the sipping of drinks that cause it CJireh because every time you put a cup to your mouth, it's instinctive to take in a breath of air first.

Using a straw,  or a sippy cup will sort that out.

Thanks, I'll try a straw. 

Tracy, you have done so good. Congratulations!!   

We had surgery during the same week. I am down 47pounds overall but my past month loss has been embarrasing.  I am to blame and I HAVE GOT TO do better!!  

I am happy for you!!

6 hours ago, Cadoodle said:

Tracy, you have done so good. Congratulations!!   

We had surgery during the same week. I am down 47pounds overall but my past month loss has been embarrasing.  I am to blame and I HAVE GOT TO do better!!  

I am happy for you!!

Thanks !!  Congrats on loosing 47 lbs !!

Congrats!  I just hit 3 months this week and am frustrated because for the last 3 weeks I am at a standstill with weight loss.  I have been doing well overall, but stalling has me worried despite everyone telling me it is normal.  In the last 2 weeks i finally have what i would consider my appetite back ... for the first time since surgery i genuinely have times when i feel hungry (not like prior to this journey and lifestyle change - but where i actually feel hungry and it isn't time to just eat according to my schedule).  My intake varies, though i am still below a cup of food for any meal.  Maybe it is just the hormone changes (they are having an all out party/revolt since the surgery) ... i am just hoping to see some progress back on the scale again to feel like i am not losing ground (to me, staying at the same weight is losing ground, because i am not where i want to be, where i consider myself healthy.

Hang in there

3 hours ago, ANewChapter17 said:

Congrats!  I just hit 3 months this week and am frustrated because for the last 3 weeks I am at a standstill with weight loss.  I have been doing well overall, but stalling has me worried despite everyone telling me it is normal.  In the last 2 weeks i finally have what i would consider my appetite back ... for the first time since surgery i genuinely have times when i feel hungry (not like prior to this journey and lifestyle change - but where i actually feel hungry and it isn't time to just eat according to my schedule).  My intake varies, though i am still below a cup of food for any meal.  Maybe it is just the hormone changes (they are having an all out party/revolt since the surgery) ... i am just hoping to see some progress back on the scale again to feel like i am not losing ground (to Hang in there

Hang in there you are doing great !!  The stalls still drive me crazy !!  I stalled 15 0r 17 days last month but a week before weigh in I always drop. This is my pattern and I am 5 months post op now. I keep a journal of my weight and the day ect so I can look back on prior months and see if my weight is dropping the same and so far it has.

You only have 49 lbs to goal and 30 to Onderland how exciting !!

@tracyringo I'm prolly going to hit my stall, soon and I've got 20 pounds to ONEderland. I wanna skip across the finish line with you! I betcha we do it at the same time! Fingers crossed. I haven't been under 200 since 2012 lol