Smashlee83

Breaking traditions

This weekend is two big events. My daughters 4th birthday party and our annual trip to the Renaissance Festival. I have mixed emotions about the Ren Fest. We go every year the Sunday after Bonnie's birthday with a big group and it's a blast. Last year I was at my very heaviest in our annual group photo. I cannot wait to get a new photo this year and see the side by side. My best bud had the surgery 2 months after me and he is also in the photo. We both are excited. What I am NOT excited about is the food. My favorite part of renfest is the food. Scotch eggs, and giant burgers and fried alligator on a stick. Turkey legs and deep fried cheesecake. Ugh. Mostly I will miss BEER! Ya'll wish me luck.

Ren Fest - fun! Good luck on staying away from the food - well, actually, just eat little bits and you'll be fine, especially if it's just protein! The beer, though... can't help you there :( 

Take some amazing pictures and have a great time. You and your also newly thin friend will have so much fun enjoying being in Every. Single. Photo. 

I can't wait to see the photos! A turkey leg wouldn't be so bad. :)

I agree with the turkey leg suggestion. When you are tempted by beer, cheesecake or other foods, go find a mirror. Think about how hot you look after surgery and your desires will go away.

3 hours ago, Smashlee83 said:

This weekend is two big events. My daughters 4th birthday party and our annual trip to the Renaissance Festival. I have mixed emotions about the Ren Fest. We go every year the Sunday after Bonnie's birthday with a big group and it's a blast. Last year I was at my very heaviest in our annual group photo. I cannot wait to get a new photo this year and see the side by side. My best bud had the surgery 2 months after me and he is also in the photo. We both are excited. What I am NOT excited about is the food. My favorite part of renfest is the food. Scotch eggs, and giant burgers and fried alligator on a stick. Turkey legs and deep fried cheesecake. Ugh. Mostly I will miss BEER! Ya'll wish me luck.

Oh, you just have to go. We need your judgement of fried alligator on a stick as a weight loss food. It might qualify if it's mostly protein with some, uh, lizard fat. I do recall liking it in the past but maybe it was the crispy exterior that I am remembering ... maybe this is the next big thing in dieting! ;)

I will for sure have a good time. I just need to rebalance the day about more enjoyment of the entertainment and less about the gluttony. I can't wait to show you guys pictures.

On 11/9/2017 at 0:40 PM, Smashlee83 said:

I will for sure have a good time. I just need to rebalance the day about more enjoyment of the entertainment and less about the gluttony. I can't wait to show you guys pictures.

Post the pics from tomorrow! and the party pics today! 

Can you share some of the things?  

What a difference 1 year can make! I had a wonderful time. I did not purchase a single food thing. I did have a bite of everything though. All still delicious. I did try a beer. I haven't had a beer in 8 months! I ordered an oatmeal stout hoping that it would be low in carbonation, I had two teeny sips and realized it wasn't wise so I gave it away. Sighhhh.

IMG_0631.JPG

And here's the family photo of my little ones 4th birthday party. The day was amazing.

IMG_0577.JPG

5 minutes ago, Smashlee83 said:

What a difference 1 year can make! I had a wonderful time. I did not purchase a single food thing. I did have a bite of everything though. All still delicious. I did try a beer. I haven't had a beer in 8 months! I ordered an oatmeal stout hoping that it would be low in carbonation, I had two teeny sips and realized it wasn't wise so I gave it away. Sighhhh.

IMG_0631.JPG

this is YOU! Spectacular!

5 minutes ago, Smashlee83 said:

And here's the family photo of my little ones 4th birthday party. The day was amazing.

IMG_0577.JPG

And what a happy kid (and parents!)

What a transformation Smashlee83 - you were gorgeous before your WLS but now - you're absolutely stunning!

Beautiful pictures! Your family looks so happy! That cake is something special! Awesome! Glad good times were had by all.

Wow, @Smashlee83...you look amazing!! What a hottie! Congrats on keeping yourself in check at the festival! And you have a beautiful family ❤️

@Smashlee83, you're looking so great and so happy! :) Good for you!! Fun festival and fun kid birthday party.

I think having just a little bite of everything and giving up a beer once you decide it's not working is a GREAT sign of your new way of dealing with a food-focused event. Nice job. You're doing so well.

Absolutely beautiful family and WOW - the progress you have made is amazing!!!!  Glad you have a wonderful time at the festival and the birthday party! :)

You.  Look.  Stunning!  :) 

You look amazing! So glad you still had an amazing time at the festival. You look happy, and that's pretty important!

I've never been to one of these, so I have to ask....is the alligator actually...alligator? :blink:

On 11/15/2017 at 11:50 AM, delilas said:

You look amazing! So glad you still had an amazing time at the festival. You look happy, and that's pretty important!

I've never been to one of these, so I have to ask....is the alligator actually...alligator? :blink:

<< @delilas, only fair to have a snack lizard once in a while given the way they have snacked on others.... It actually can be pretty good >>

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 10:50 AM, delilas said:

Sorry I am just now getting logged back in. Every now and then TTF forgets my password and kicks me out. Thank you ALL for all of the nice comments. Yes @delilasIt really is alligator. It's a Cajun thing from our neighbors in Louisiana. There's a little booth at the Ren-Fest every year that serves Cajun food and it's the best fried alligator you can find. My husband is obsessed. I know that it sounds cliché but it really does taste like chicken. So much though, that we gave 1/2 it to my very picky 4 year old and told her it was chicken and she ate it all. #bestmomever

I've had crocodile a couple of times in Kenya. Alligator is better. 

What with Thanksgiving upon us, breaking the traditions of eating TOO MUCH and creating new ones are the new orders of the day!