tracyringo

One month post op today

Recommended Posts

Hard to believe I am a month in on this journey !!  I have lost 14 lbs in this month plus 15 on the liquid diet.  I expected to lose more after surgery, but I am a slow loser and that is okay. Maybe I won't lose my hair.  Down side is the acid is daily and stinks !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

14lb down in the month since surgery is not slow Tracy.  That's close to .5lb a day which is pretty amazing since you also lost 15lb on your pre-op.

Sorry to hear about the acid issue.  Are you taking anything for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on your losses! 14 + 15 = 29, which is great for just a few weeks! Keep hitting your daily protein and water goals, do your walking, and you'll do really well. It seems to add up slowly, but it truly does go quickly.

I hope the acid improves soon. That can't be fun. I hope whatever you've been prescribed helps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@cinwa they put me on pantoprazole 40mg but it has not taken it away.  I was on pepcid at first. I go in for my 1 month on Tuesday so we will see what happens.                                                                                                                                                                        Thanks @Jen581791

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantastic weight loss! I feel like I'm one of the slower losers too but, as long as the weight comes off, it's fine with me.

So sorry about the acid. I think you may have to try a bunch of different medications until you find the right one. Someone here posted about trying all kinds of things, then finally finding relief. Was it @Amber76bailey?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Those are great numbers! Congrats @tracyringo! Acid is an annoying problem. My surgeon prescribed the same meds but I found the occasional antacid chew or papaya enzyme to be very helpful. Hopefully you get relief soon.

Edited by CurvyMermaid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@CurvyMermaid I didn't realize papaya was for acid too !!  I will be getting some tonight ty...

@Gretta I agree as long as it is going down I okay, although I was very concerned those first few weeks when people were posting 20 lb losses in a few weeks, but a lot of them I saw had long stalls just a few weeks later so I think it all works out in the wash. We get to keep our hair too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, I'm not sure if that's what its 'supposed' to be for, but it has been helping me.  Also sleeping in a more upright position can be beneficial.  Luckily I have not had as many problems with acid as straight nausea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2017 at 2:27 PM, Gretta said:

Fantastic weight loss! I feel like I'm one of the slower losers too but, as long as the weight comes off, it's fine with me.

So sorry about the acid. I think you may have to try a bunch of different medications until you find the right one. Someone here posted about trying all kinds of things, then finally finding relief. Was it @Amber76bailey?

I definitely have put it out there with the acid thing! I was "hungry" all the time so I thought. That acid and those hunger pangs sure make it seem so.... But yes, I found something that works for me! It's been 3? Years? That seems so not right and I now rarely deal with any acid maybe 1 x per month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Amber76bailey what did you get prescribed that worked for you?  Are you still taking it?  I am on dexilant which is working better but now I am thinking all this hunger every few hrs might be acid again ugh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You’re doing fantastic!  Pick up a 14lb weight and carry it around all day and you’ll appreciate that 14lbs is significant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/23/2017 at 2:12 PM, tracyringo said:

@Amber76bailey what did you get prescribed that worked for you?  Are you still taking it?  I am on dexilant which is working better but now I am thinking all this hunger every few hrs might be acid again ugh

Lansoprazole 30mg 2x daily 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tracyringo, I will be thrilled if I lose that much my first month, so celebrate you!!!

I have had reflux for years, took everything and the only thing that finally did work was the propantazole (Protonix) which I am still taking....it was like a miracle pill for ME...but everyone is different so do talk to your doc about a trial of something else until you get it right...no need to suffer!

What is your daily eating like now days?  Just curious of your menu and what you find works for you or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 10:05 PM, CJireh said:

@tracyringo, I will be thrilled if I lose that much my first month, so celebrate you!!!

I have had reflux for years, took everything and the only thing that finally did work was the propantazole (Protonix) which I am still taking....it was like a miracle pill for ME...but everyone is different so do talk to your doc about a trial of something else until you get it right...no need to suffer!

What is your daily eating like now days?  Just curious of your menu and what you find works for you or not.

Anything spicy seems to bring on heartburn right away.  I can eat anything but I like sticking to more simple things for the most part. Easier to track too.  Tuna creations and aidells chicken meatballs are my favorite and I love that chobani key lime yogurt !!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Anything spicy seems to bring on heartburn right away.  I can eat anything but I like sticking to more simple things for the most part. Easier to track too.  Tuna creations and aidells chicken meatballs are my favorite and I love that chobani key lime yogurt !!

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised that you can eat so many is at only a month out. I was saying something the other day about something (can't remember what) that wasn't too crazy and saying "I hope I can have that by Christmas" but I was doubting I could eat much of anything still by then. I guess I can't wrap my mind around what I can eat (although avoiding carbs makes sense to be, but I can't fathom what I CAN have!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CJireh said:

Wow, I'm pleasantly surprised that you can eat so many is at only a month out. I was saying something the other day about something (can't remember what) that wasn't too crazy and saying "I hope I can have that by Christmas" but I was doubting I could eat much of anything still by then. I guess I can't wrap my mind around what I can eat (although avoiding carbs makes sense to be, but I can't fathom what I CAN have!)

I am 3 months out now, so I checked to see what I was eating at 6 weeks out and I found pizza toppings, hamburger patty, stuffed peppers, kind bars , chicken, pretty much anything.  My calories at that time were 600-700.  I have never been sick or had problems with food since surgery and from what I have seen that is not as common. I do have gerd now but my meds help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

I am 3 months out now, so I checked to see what I was eating at 6 weeks out and I found pizza toppings, hamburger patty, stuffed peppers, kind bars , chicken, pretty much anything.  My calories at that time were 600-700.  I have never been sick or had problems with food since surgery and from what I have seen that is not as common. I do have gerd now but my meds help.

Yeah, I should've figured that out....that post was from September :rolleyes:.

thanks for sharing what you were able to eat at 6 wks. A stuffed pepper sounds wonderful!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...