The last three years I have learned so much about my life with food.  My journey with my sleeve continues to be challenging.  

I am use to helping other people solve their problems and find balance. I never got help/healing for my own issues until recently.

Being overweight is a symptom of a deeper issue.  I have naturally built layers of protection. I was abused as a young child.  What is helping me to start back to working on me?  The love of my husband who told me "It was not your fault." Living with guilt can be killer. This sleeve is a tool. I am relearning how to use mine. 

I'm so sorry for the abuse you suffered as a child. We're all so complex and have so much to learn. A lifelong process for sure. I hope you keep sharing with us as you go.

Thank you for sharing, and I am so very very sorry that you were a victim of child abuse. I hope that the love of your spouse and your desire to become more healthy, thin and active can allow you to achieve the inner joy that you (and all of us) so deserve. We are here to support you. 

Really hearing the words 'It's not your fault' is so empowering.  I'm glad you have a loving husband to stand with you as you work on your emotions and head.  You are right.  We build layers to keep the hurt out when we really are keeping it inside.  Working on the deeper issues helps to tear down the layers and set us free.  Good luck and know you are not alone on your journey.

Same boat, @LadyFLrebotTX and my husband is the same way, very loving, patient and supportive which has been a huge help!!!  Hardest part is having a mom who knew but did nothing. My faith and my husband has been what strengthens me {{{hugs}}}

Thanks you all! I am continuing to grow in my faith.  My husband and I  are closer than ever.  I have forgiven myself for blaming myself.  I am walking around the mall and feeling blessed. 

#metoo.  that's all i'll say about that. i'm so sorry this happened to you, it was not your fault, never your fault.  i am happy to hear you are healing. keep us posted 

Thanks "Bellamoma."  Like most people here, I just want to be my healthiest and happiest self.  I can not microwave process.  I really wish that it was possible.  At least, I am to letting go of guilt.  

So sorry to hear that you had to go through that as a child. It sounds like you have a rock at home which can really help a lot. Best of luck to you.