turkletont

Swollen/sore throat for months. Difficulty swallowing

I'm not even sure if this is a GB issue?  I've had an ongoing sore throat and swollen throat that makes it difficult to swallow for months now.  I've done all the typical stuff that I thought might be causing it (Allergy medicine, neti pot, humidifier at night while sleeping, increased water intake, etc) and nothing as helped.  I went to my doctor and he looked in there and felt around my neck and said everything is fine.  If I look in the mirror the throat looks fine but it's lower down in the throat that is giving me issues.

At this point I'm thinking about going completely back to a liquid diet for a few days to see if that helps anything.

At over 2 years out (I looked up your previous posts), I very much doubt that it has anything to do with your WLS.

In your shoes, I'd ask to be referred for an upper endoscopy.

Alright, thanks.  I did request a referral to see an ENT about it so hopefully they have some answers.

It does seem like maybe it's related to acid coming back up?  I'm not sure, just a guess but I don't know what else it could be.  I don't have any heartburn related symptoms though.