Smashlee83

Harvey

Recommended Posts

Thank you for the update! What a relief!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for checking in.  We've seen many pictures of the victims and have wondered how you faired!  Keep us posted!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been a heart breaking and stressful time for my city. My neighborhood has been so lucky, but even here just a few streets away people were using air mattresses to put their small children and infant on to float them to safety. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been thinking and praying for you guys! Glad to hear you are doing well and that the water receded before damaging your home and/or car. Happy to hear that you were able to get out and restock your supplies. I can't believe everything I am seeing on TV. I pray Harvey lets up very soon!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The stores around my house are closed.  We still have power and water.  My family is locked in the house due to the car died.  It is still raining tonight.  When this is over we will find a new normal.  This really sucks!  

Oh, my husband just got out of the hospital on Saturday. This is indeed some crazy stuff.  I have only lived here 18 months.  My life has changed forever.  At least my sleeve is safe.  Stay safe Smashlee83.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So very glad to hear that @LadyFLrebotTX and @Smashlee83, and their families, are safe and dry.  So very sad for all the flooding and suffering in the Houston area now.  

Hoping that Houston and southern Texas can rebuild quickly from this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A cousin of mine and a high school friend (whose daughter-in-law is about to give birth to twins) are both in Houston. So far, so good. Water, but nothing in their houses yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LadyFLrebotTX said:

The stores around my house are closed.  We still have power and water.  My family is locked in the house due to the car died.  It is still raining tonight.  When this is over we will find a new normal.  This really sucks!  

Oh, my husband just got out of the hospital on Saturday. This is indeed some crazy stuff.  I have only lived here 18 months.  My life has changed forever.  At least my sleeve is safe.  Stay safe Smashlee83.  

Stay dry. Best to your husband and to you. Hope your ground floor stays as dry as possible and your husband and you do okay with power and water. If water plant goes down just boil water and you'll be okay. 

I was once in a flash flood in Houston and the station wagon I was in was going to float into and then down Buffalo Bayou. I was lucky and it washed up on a high lawn and I was able to wait it out. I was a stupid kid, should not have been driving, and very lucky. Here's hoping you continue to be lucky. Lucky is way better than all the other options. You're in all our thoughts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Smashlee83 said:

It's been a heart breaking and stressful time for my city. My neighborhood has been so lucky, but even here just a few streets away people were using air mattresses to put their small children and infant on to float them to safety. 

And there but for the Grace of God go all of us. You're in our thoughts and prayers. If your water goes down and you have power, boil and you'll be okay. Stay dry and only post when it's easy... you have other priorities. 

My pregnant niece is in the Heights and dry, it's only an accident she lives there and not someplace that floods. We don't need to have a relative to be touched by your disaster, though. You are us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/27/2017 at 1:43 AM, LadyFLrebotTX said:

For me this is new.  Days of heavy rain and wind.  I live just outside of Houston near Galveston.  I have never been in a storm with so many Tornados attached.  Tonight, at times it is like someone is pouring buckets of water on my roof.  However, we are inside and dry.  Thank you God.  

My thoughts and prayers are with you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LadyFLrebotTX & @Smashlee83 - hoping all is getting better for you both. You have been continuously in our prayers. Please let us know how your doing and holding up. Hugs!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm praying that you and your family are safe and well...this is all so scary! Let us know how you're doing when you have a chance please!! ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Smashlee83, LadyFLrebotTX  - please check in to let us know how you're doing.  I see that neither of you have been on the forum since Tuesday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys! Sorry my routine has been so interrupted this last week. I usually hop on when I'm at work and I haven't been to work in about 10 days.

 

We are fine. We had a small leak and had to pull up some carpet but comparatively we're just fine. Today I will be assisting a friends mom ripping out walls and floors of her home that took on several feet of water. Time to hustle. I could really use the exercise!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Smashlee83 said:

...........

We are fine. We had a small leak and had to pull up some carpet but comparatively we're just fine. Today I will be assisting a friends mom ripping out walls and floors of her home that took on several feet of water. Time to hustle. I could really use the exercise!!

It's good to hear that you're all OK.  Thank you for checking in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I wrote this a few days ago.  I thought it was posted. Things are better as of Friday.  Life will never be the same! 

The stores around my house are closed.  We still have power and water.  My family is locked in the house due to the car died.  It is still raining tonight.  When this is over we will find a new normal.  This really sucks!  

Oh, my husband just got out of the hospital on Saturday. This is indeed some crazy stuff.  I have only lived here 18 months.  My life has changed forever.  At least my sleeve is safe.  Stay safe Smashlee83.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am so sorry about what you and everyone else in parts of Texas are going through. There is no comparison I can make as Super Storm sandy that hit NY and NJ was nothing compared to what is happening to you, but, even so, know that life will go back to its new normal a little at a time. the whole country is watching, people are sending help, sending money, sending the Red Cross. Its all over the news and our hearts are all broken over this devastation.

I came here today because I am scheduled for sleeve surgery on Wednesday, Sept 13 and I wanted to know if anyone had second thoughts before surgery and any regrets after surgery. Then I found your story and I know how brave you must have to be with your husband just out of the hospital, the rains and no car right now to get away. Puts things in perspective. I will keep you in my thoughts and know things will be be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, LadyFLrebotTX said:

 

I wrote this a few days ago.  I thought it was posted. Things are better as of Friday.  Life will never be the same! 

The stores around my house are closed.  We still have power and water.  My family is locked in the house due to the car died.  It is still raining tonight.  When this is over we will find a new normal.  This really sucks!  

Oh, my husband just got out of the hospital on Saturday. This is indeed some crazy stuff.  I have only lived here 18 months.  My life has changed forever.  At least my sleeve is safe.  Stay safe Smashlee83.  

@LadyFLrebotTX I'm glad to hear that you still have power and water. I hope you are your husband continue to stay well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2017 at 2:27 PM, Alioops said:

I am so sorry about what you and everyone else in parts of Texas are going through. There is no comparison I can make as Super Storm sandy that hit NY and NJ was nothing compared to what is happening to you, but, even so, know that life will go back to its new normal a little at a time. the whole country is watching, people are sending help, sending money, sending the Red Cross. Its all over the news and our hearts are all broken over this devastation.

I came here today because I am scheduled for sleeve surgery on Wednesday, Sept 13 and I wanted to know if anyone had second thoughts before surgery and any regrets after surgery. Then I found your story and I know how brave you must have to be with your husband just out of the hospital, the rains and no car right now to get away. Puts things in perspective. I will keep you in my thoughts and know things will be be

@Alioops Everyone has second thoughts - it is surgery, after all - and most people have "buyer's remorse" - a kind of regret that is not a deal breaker.

I regret that I can't eat a rack of BBQ ribs and drink a gallon of beer with some of my friends as I used to. [That is why I got fat. It is a kind of selective memory where the pleasure of eating is dis-associated from all the consequences]. I don't regret anything else and I love weighing nearly 80 lbs less and being way way healthier with a lot less musculoskeletal pain. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@LadyFLrebotTX @Smashlee83

How are you guys doing? Away from the Forum while away for the long weekend... sorry to miss any of your postings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Irma may hit MS...hoping all stay safe!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm baaaaaack! Howdy all. I am safe and sound and back at work. Although slightly begrudgingly. It's been a wild last 10 days. My home had some minor damage but nothing in comparison to others. I walked into a friends mothers home last weekend that was up against a river and was stunned to see the kind of damage. A home completely gutted and filled with mud. I wore a rain boots inside their home to haul away sheet rock and salvage remains. Her home is just one of 100's of thousands. I've been trying to do a little in the way of donations and lending hands. But it never feels like enough. I've been so proud and amazed by my city and the amount of people out there making an impact and helping complete strangers.

 

On a personal note, I snacked and drank wine while stuck in my home for a week and I'm grateful to be back at work and back on my schedule!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to hear you survived relatively unscathed!  Nature's fury is no match for the strength of good people :)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to hear that you're all safe and well Smashlee83.

This country is having a hard time and now Irma is expected to his Florida this weekend.

We're having our own problems in WA.  The unusually long stretch of record temperatures and a paltry 0.02 inches of rain in the past 55 days has rendered the State a tinderbox.  What with the heat and smoke from forest fires, the air quality is horrible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now