NerdyToothpick

Following in Aussie_H's footsteps

BMI 24.2= normal. 

WHAT?!

Eeek! Did this happen to you, O Nearly at Goal person?

41 minutes ago, BurgundyBoy said:

Eeek! Did this happen to you, O Nearly at Goal person?

Yes sir! I don't know how it happened!! Oh wait, I have several scars on my belly...

2 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

BMI 24.2= normal. 

WHAT?! 

image.jpeg

Edited by Trish1967

2 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

image.jpeg

You are so cute, @Trish1967! Thank you. :)

17 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

You are so cute, @Trish1967! Thank you. :)

Aww ♥️ You're welcome!! Congratulations!! I'm so proud of you! And happy for you, of course! Look how far you've come... B)

Oh...and wow!! Look how close you are to goal!! Amazing!!! :))) Don't leave us once you reach your goal please!

Edited by Trish1967

Congratulations @NerdyLady!!!! I'm so incredibly excited for you! Fantastic dedication, strong determination, as well as an awesome attitude got you here....YOU got yourself here!! 

50 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

Aww ♥️ You're welcome!! Congratulations!! I'm so proud of you! And happy for you, of course! Look how far you've come... B)

Oh...and wow!! Look how close you are to goal!! Amazing!!! :))) Don't leave us once you reach your goal please!

@Trish1967 Leave and deprive all of you of my wit and good looks? Nah. 

The closer I am to goal the more I realize that I need TTF. Anyone can get to goal but can we sustain the loss without being vigilant? I know that I am a weak person when it comes to food. If I don't hold myself accountable to friends (which all of you have become), I will fail. I can't do this on my own. So no, I won't be leaving any time soon. :D

34 minutes ago, Trish13 said:

Congratulations @NerdyLady!!!! I'm so incredibly excited for you! Fantastic dedication, strong determination, as well as an awesome attitude got you here....YOU got yourself here!! 

@Trish13 Thanks lovie! I honestly couldn't do it without the support of every single one of you. This is a hard and lonely journey. It's easier to do when you have friends to support you along the way. 

How are you feeling? Are you still on the TPN (is that the acronym?)?

I feel like there should be some sort of official ceremony for you!

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 10.18.53 PM.png

7 hours ago, Trish1967 said:

image.jpeg

Yeah, I'm just quoting this to agree with it because there's no way I can say it better. Congrats NL!

Squeeee! How exciting is that?! Well done! Amazing!

Who'd have thought that just being "normal" could feel sooooo good!

Well done NerdyLady. I figured you must have been "normal" as well now just by looking at your stats. Your BMI used to be in your profile,, but then dropped off.

It's a great feeling isn't it? Also a positive reminder to those who think starting with lower BMIs means slower weightloss. Both of us got there so quickly!

11 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

@Trish13 Thanks lovie! I honestly couldn't do it without the support of every single one of you. This is a hard and lonely journey. It's easier to do when you have friends to support you along the way. 

How are you feeling? Are you still on the TPN (is that the acronym?)?

I couldn't say it better myself! I couldn't imagine how lonely and awful this would be, especially since my issues, without my new friends! My husband tries, but he is more worried than helpful...lol!

I'm doing eh. Yes still on TPN bag, and don't see losing it anytime soon. I seem to get in less that a liter of water and about 20-25g of protein because I can only seem to eat 2x's a day. It's pretty frustrating, to say the least. I'm trying very hard to be positive, but even my patience is wearing thin...very thin with all of it at this point. 

But this thread is about you!! And we are celebrating YOU and your accomplishments! Again so very proud of you!!!! :D

Edited by Trish13

22 hours ago, NerdyLady said:

Yes sir! I don't know how it happened!! Oh wait, I have several scars on my belly...

Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations!! :D 

Those scars: It's those weight loss Aliens sneaking up on us and doing illicit surgery again. I would call the pest control team. :rolleyes:

Since none of this stuff comes with external rewards, if you are in Boston area not LA I will buy you a coffee. (Raincheck otherwise). So you can know getting your BMI < 25 ... is worth at least $3 at Starbucks. Which, as I recall, is more than your insurance thought it was worth... <_< Isn't it wild?

Normal BMI, diabetes under control, all the self-image stuff better. Great, great, great! I'm so happy for you!!!

Congratulations!  You are an inspiration to us all. 

Great job Nerdy lady!!! I'm so happy for you.. You deserve all the compliments for taking control of your life and making things happen the way you want them. You'll get to goal in no time I'm sure.

On 8/19/2017 at 1:19 AM, Jen581791 said:

I feel like there should be some sort of official ceremony for you!

Screen Shot 2017-08-18 at 10.18.53 PM.png

@Jen581791

LOLOLOL. I think I see a flag being raised and hear the National Anthem in the distance! 

Edited by NerdyLady

On 8/20/2017 at 8:25 AM, Sleevalicious said:

Great job Nerdy lady!!! I'm so happy for you.. You deserve all the compliments for taking control of your life and making things happen the way you want them. You'll get to goal in no time I'm sure.

Thank you, @Sleevalicious! I hardly recognize myself these days. 

On 8/19/2017 at 5:11 PM, BurgundyBoy said:

Congratulations Congratulations Congratulations!! :D 

Those scars: It's those weight loss Aliens sneaking up on us and doing illicit surgery again. I would call the pest control team. :rolleyes:

Since none of this stuff comes with external rewards, if you are in Boston area not LA I will buy you a coffee. (Raincheck otherwise). So you can know getting your BMI < 25 ... is worth at least $3 at Starbucks. Which, as I recall, is more than your insurance thought it was worth... <_< Isn't it wild?

Normal BMI, diabetes under control, all the self-image stuff better. Great, great, great! I'm so happy for you!!!

@BurgundyBoy I'm around! Let's PM so we can find a date that works for us. I'll be there on Friday for my weekly date with my walking buddy. I'll keep an eye out for you on the path!

2 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

.........I hardly recognize myself these days. 

It took me over a year before I could recognise myself in a mirror.  Of course, I knew it was me but for some reason, it did not compute.

On 8/19/2017 at 10:06 AM, Aussie H said:

Well done NerdyLady. I figured you must have been "normal" as well now just by looking at your stats. Your BMI used to be in your profile,, but then dropped off.

It's a great feeling isn't it? Also a positive reminder to those who think starting with lower BMIs means slower weightloss. Both of us got there so quickly!

@Aussie H My BMI dropped off my profile because I got too lazy to Google my new Numbers. Heh. 

How are you doing, dear? I hope you've got good meds and are recovering nicely. 

On 8/19/2017 at 3:07 AM, Aksh said:

Yeah, I'm just quoting this to agree with it because there's no way I can say it better. Congrats NL!

On 8/19/2017 at 3:08 AM, Gretta said:

Squeeee! How exciting is that?! Well done! Amazing!

On 8/20/2017 at 6:05 AM, Res Ipsa said:

Congratulations!  You are an inspiration to us all. 

Thanks y'all. It feels so weird. If I'm going to be honest, it's also scary. I'm glad I'm not alone and I have all of you to thank. 

7 minutes ago, cinwa said:

It took me over a year before I could recognise myself in a mirror.  Of course, I knew it was me but for some reason, it did not compute.

@cinwa

I was chatting with @Jen581791 a couple of days ago, and I told her that something happened this week. I haven't lost any weight and in fact, the scale marks a gain of a couple pounds. However, something happened to my body. It's almost like a switch flipped and I look different. I'm not sure if something happened or if I am only now noticing the difference. It's startling!