tracyringo

Just woke up throwing up bright yellow stuff !

Omg just woke up choking and throwing up bright yellow stuff!  A lot of it and some of it had red lines running through it .. It burned so bad.  How could I have so much of that stuff in a week old pouch ?  I assume it was acid..  Just saw the Dr yesterday should I call him ?  Don't ever want that to happen again.  Ugh

Sending a gentle hug Tracy - I'm with Aussie H - call your surgeon's office now.

@tracyringo Call call call. Yellow stuff is likely bile (it's green, yellow, colors like that) and the red may be blood, so maybe you have a stricture or some kind of blockage. Hope you are okay and this is just temporary. Let us know how you are doing!

@tracyringo - I am sorry to hear this! I hope you are feeling better. Did you get ahold of the Dr? When you get a chance, please give us an update! Hugs, my friend!

Definitely call & keep us updated. So sorry that happened!

Hope you already contacted him and everything's okay. Feel better!

I called the Dr and was put on sucralfate. I have to take it before I eat and go to bed. I am also on pantoprazole. Does anyone know how long before that kicks in, he said it was time released.     Thank you for your concern and help @swanfray @Gretta @Trish13 @BurgundyBoy @cinwa @AussieH .

I can't help on how quickly sucralfate takes to kick in Tracy.  I just wanted to send you a gentle hug.

I don't know how long it takes. I've heard of some acid medicines taking a few days to work. So happy you called, and hopefully relief is in sight. 

I've never had sucralfate Tracy....never even heard of it to be honest. That said I've had lots of pantoprazole in my time and my experience is that can take a good month of daily use to kick in properly. Mind you no doctor prescribing it ever told me that consistent daily use was important when they prescribed it. It wasn't until I was in the gastro's hands that I was told how useless "take as needed" was with that medication.

So glad to hear  you got the meds you need to begin feeling better, @tracyringo!!! I have no idea of the timeline, but I hope they work quickly for you! Might be worth a call to doctor to see when you should begin feeling relief, so you have some measure of mark to base it on, just in case it doesn't work as quickly (or slowly) as you think it should.

16 hours ago, tracyringo said:

I called the Dr and was put on sucralfate. I have to take it before I eat and go to bed. I am also on pantoprazole. Does anyone know how long before that kicks in, he said it was time released.     Thank you for your concern and help @swanfray @Gretta @Trish13 @BurgundyBoy @cinwa @AussieH .

I hope these medications help you! I don't know anything about sucralfate either, but pantoprazole worked for me for years. Praying for continued healing!

@tracyringo

How you doing today?

tracyringo - checking in to see if you're feeling any better this morning.

@tracyringo I hope you are feeling better and that the meds have given you some relief. xo

@tracyringo I hope you are feeling better today. Thank you for starting this thread and for the comment by @Aussie H about panteprazole. My surgeon just prescribed this for me on Monday for my occasional heartburn and he said to take it as needed. Clearly this won't be helpful according to Aussie's experience! Perhaps I need to just get an OTC.

@swanfray @Gretta @Trish13 @BurgundyBoy @cinwa @Aussie@CurvyMermaid @NerdyLady @Chefman77 I felt fine yesterday, but awoke to the same thing at 5 30 this morning just not near as bad. Feels more like burning in the chest and I wonder if it is getting in my lungs ?  I feel great in the day time. I have no problems with any food so far.  My only complaint is waking up choking which I working on and the dreaded scale not moving lol.

Glad to hear that there's been some improvement Tracy.  Hopefully, a day or so longer and the meds and they'd have kicked in.

I hope the medicine starts giving you relief at night, too. Are you sleeping sitting up for now? I find that to be the most helpful. So sorry this keeps happening!

6 hours ago, tracyringo said:

@swanfray @Gretta @Trish13 @BurgundyBoy @cinwa @Aussie@CurvyMermaid @NerdyLady @Chefman77 I felt fine yesterday, but awoke to the same thing at 5 30 this morning just not near as bad. Feels more like burning in the chest and I wonder if it is getting in my lungs ?  I feel great in the day time. I have no problems with any food so far.  My only complaint is waking up choking which I working on and the dreaded scale not moving lol.

Night acid. If you are taking anything that is a once a day in the morning for acid you might consider taking it in the evening to offer more night-time protection. Burning in chest is most likely stomach acid refluxing into your esophagus. Ech. I had this for a couple of years. Sucralfate binds to irritated places in your stomach https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sucralfate

@BurgundyBoy thank you I will try that.

Hope you feel better soon @tracyringo, I think acid reflux and the kind of problem you're having are things we all worry about post WLS because you never know who's going to have what reaction/problem.

Glad the medication is helping, slow though it may be, and I hope you can move past this to normal sooner rther than later.

How are you feeling, @tracyringo? Acid reflux sucks, so I hope you can get it under control. Hubby and I actually propped the head of the bed up about 5 inches and we both sleep with 2 pillows because we both suffered with reflux. I haven't had any issues with it since surgery, but then again, I haven't eaten anything yet that used to trigger it. So we shall see. I used to burp while lying in bed and end up with a mouthful of stomach acid. The most disgusting, vile taste ever. But I also used to drink a ton of seltzer water, and I lived on ibuprofen, so there's no secret why. 

I really, truly hope you start feeling better soon ❤️ Hugs!!