Blueyz

Christmas Party-Food?

Are we supposed to bring food to the Christmas Party at Dr. Callery's and Dr. Pott's next week? If so, may I suggest we post what we are planning to bring? This way we can see if something is needed and will ensure a wide variety of different food. Just a suggestion.

Dale

Yes we are bringing the food but is Dr. C going to have the paper goods?

Also I just posted the question RE the dress... this is my first x-mas with Dr. C and i dont know. I want a reason to wear this great black dinner dress that i have.

This is my frist Christmas Party with Dr. C also as last year I was told not to go since I was pre-op.. however THAT IS NOT THE CASE ALL ARE WELCOME!!!!! :)

Anyway I guess some get really dressed up, some don't.. you decide what you want to wear and wear it.. no worries.. :)

As for food.. Stuart is making his famous chicken enchalada's (sp?) and I am bringing the soda!! (Kidding!!) I have some sugar free low carb chocolate chip cookie mix that I may make up..

I will be bringing my Shrimp & Crab Spread. I am planning on dressing up some

Im bring LIL SMOKIES! Yum! I know another gal is bringing meatballs, I cant remember her name though...

I am going to wear black slacks and black top... a lil dressy. Cant wait to see all ya beauties!

Bridget,

Since everyone is all dressed up....and ready to party.. Is there anywhere we could all go to socialize and/or dance off those extra calories (after the gift exchange)?

There was some talk of doing the gift exhchange at Outback after the meeting, but I have not heard anything more on it. I think we collectively need to figure out where and how it is going to happen!

Heck ya, I dont see a problem with going somewhere afterwards... on a Thursday...... any ideas?

Im not sure if the gift exchange is going to be at Outback or Starbucks, I know I was rooting for Starbucks because Im sure I will have eaten something at Dr C and Dr P's party..... whatever y'all want to do is good for me.

Tonya: sugar free cheesecake sounds delicious! Bring it on sister!

I am goint to bring corn dip and tortilla chips. I know it sound gross, but tastes wonderful. Watch out it is addictive.

last year dr. callery provided the food. did they change it? Why is everyone bringing food? hopefully there will be some healthy food there. When you're as far out as I am chips and dip is not a healthy food to be eating or for that matter even sugar free cheesecake. i don't want to offend anybody, but being almost 2 years out i have found the only way not to gain back weight is eating healthy and not eating chips and dip and sugar free cheesecake. as a matter of fact my daughter's orthodonist just told me about a lady who had surgery 2 years ago and lost 150 pounds and has gained back 75.

melanie

I'm bringing veggies and dip. The dip is a special ranch, made with fat free sour cream and fat free cream cheese, but you would never know it...

And I'm dressing up. Puple shiny top and pants/skirt that is really hard to describe. I have my gift for the gift exchange. Just let me know where, is the Starbuck near? Is there any reason we can't do it at the party? I'm new to all this...

Wish we had name tags so all us "Newbies" can meet all of you regular's on the forum. It's nice to put names with faces. You guys have given us a lot of information, encouragement and hope without us ever getting to meet you and to thank you ;)

Hey guys.. Tracie and I were talking last night and we thought it might be a better idea to do the gift exchange in the parking lot after the party. This way everyone who wants to wait for Barbara can and then if you all want to go to starbucks or something you can. Also those who have kids that will be there and/or spouces or have to work the next day don't have to stay out as late. Let me know what you guys think. I am just thinking that my sleep has been extremely deprived this week and I could sure thrive on getting to bed early tonight.

:)

Parking lot sounds good to me. my normal bedtime is 7:30-8... And I will have my dogs with me tonight, so I won't be as rushed, and I can walk them before I leave...etc...etc... Where ever is fine, I'm easy. You will just have to give me directions if we go somewhere. I normally have to rush home to let the dogs out, and since there with me, I'm flexible.

It makes no difference to me. I won't be able to stay long either, I only got 3 1/2 hours sleep last night. I just can't wait to see everyone.

I am fine for wherever we want to do the gift exchange at. I am bringing my Awesome Shrimp and Crab spread. It is made with lowfat cream cheese and is loaded with protein so it shouldn't offend anyone's diet. :D It will be served with reduced-fat Triscuits and Ritz crackers. Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight. I will try to pick up a package of name tags today so we can all know who everyone is!!

Hey Mel: we were told that the people that come bring a small dish to share if they want to, Dr Callery's office supplies paper goods.

Parking lot is great with me! I am with Christina and Kim, no sleep hardly lately and it is only gonna get worse from here. Can't wait to see all of you and have you all cheer me up. Today is my son's 19th birthday.....he is at Fort Knox. Anyone wanna send him birthday cheer? Email is chrisk883@yahoo.com. He is soooooooo homesick!

Just grab me by the shoulders and direct me on where to go.... y'all are killing me... first it was Outback, next it was Starbucks, now its in the parking lot in the freaking freezing weather. Let's do it in the lobby in front of the main entrance... they have benches in there and it wont be cold. Im sure we'll improvise n stuff. See y'all tonight!

BTW: Tricia I sent your son a Happy Birthday email!