brutherford

New Year's Eve!

Okay ladies and gents - put your party clothes on! Several of us are planning on going out together on New Year's Eve. We're trying to pick a place where we can dance, eat, drink, and be generally merry all while wearing our smallest, newest, hottest clothes! :D I've found a few listings for parties - is anyone interested in any of these?

5ifth Quarter: Shrug off the '04 with a bit of hip-hop, R&B and house, as DJ Ghost introduces the '05 at 5ifth Quarter's Gaslamp digs. Tickets: $25/$35; dinner packages available for $150 per couple or $75 per person. Doors open: 8 p.m.

Ole Madrid; Local DJs will be spinning the clock past midnight at downtown's lively Latin nightclub. Tickets: $30-$50; VIP tables available, including bottle of champagne (1 bottle minimum) $250. Doors open: 9 p.m.

Aubergine: This Gaslamp bar offers three rooms of music with live performers and eight DJs, including Chris Cutz, Freddie Fresh, Mikey Beats, Coastal Ed and DjYoG. Tickets: $35. Doors open: 6 p.m. Event begins: 9 p.m. http://tickets.mixliving.com/evinfo.php?eventid=6629&sid

Hilton La Jolla Torrey Pines: Eight areas of entertainment and headliner DJ Christopher Lawrence make this one of the biggest parties in town. You want a New Year's party with options? Try eight entertainment areas: five dance floors and three outdoor areas. Then add DJs Christopher Lawrence, Marc Thrasher, Funk Inc and Matty A, to name a few, and a midnight balloon drop and you've got an all-night party. Attendees must be 21 to attend, and jackets are required. General admission tickets are $40

Four Seasons Resort Aviara: The Four Seasons' stylish options include lavish dinners, champagne toasts and live music. A $40 cover charge gets you in for the big party in the main lobby lounge, where the celebration goes from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. Black tie is optional.

W San Diego: Dining, dancing (or sleeping!)

Aubregines or something at one of the Hotels sounds good.... OR does anybody know of anything going on at their favorite hometown bar?

My thing is, I have found when I go out and get the "perfect" dress and shoes, spend a significant amount of money on a ticket I have a mediocure (sp?) time ....... I want to be somewhere with a great atmosphere, and not stuffy people trying to act like something there not... you get what Im trying to say?

At La Jolla Torrey Pines, that sounds like channel 93.3 DJ's, that could be a cool dancing crowd........ what cha think?

Oh Tricia, that is so sad. Having a son in Kuwait for the next year is bumming me out too. I'll keep you inmy prayers. I don't know if I am going to be able to make this shindig after all.

Whadda ya mean pam? You dont know if you can make this shin dig? Whats the dill pickle?

It's a finance thing. I don't get paid til 1/1/05. And with Christmas happening I will be broke as a joke after my shopping is done. I will catch you all that are still single next year!

I feel ya about being broke girl... thats why I was wondering if anybody had a local hangout where we could shake our groove thang at..... my girlfriend is having a party at her house.. Im not feeling that though... maybe i just may make romantic plans with James.... :P ???? Wouldnt that be special? Maybe I'll talk to him about it....

I thought ya'll were hanging at my house???

Pam,

I can loan you money to get you through for the time being.

Bridget,

I'm counting on you to make sure things are organized and that my house is taken care of???

Thanks for the offer sweetie. We can talk about it later. It would be nice "hangin" with my girls to welcome the new year in. Lord knows it's been years since I have celebrated a New Year's Eve. Love you.

Here's the latest... looks like I am going to have romantic plans with James... woo hoo! we are looking at these events and seeing which one works.... what looks good to you B? 5th quarter is looking good to us.....

Maybe we can all meet at Stacie's house, car pool out, and have a safe place to come back to later?

Take a taxi, it only cost $4.10 (or around there) to cab it downtown from Stacie's pad. How does the 5th quarter event look to you Marie?

Bridget and I were talking this afternoon - a few of my friends have gone downtown every year for the past 3 or 4 years for New Year's Eve. They all said that walking around and finding a club/bar that you want to visit is the best bet. Apparently, there's usually no cover and you can move along if you want.

So, the suggestion is that we all meet downtown at a pre-designated area, then just start to wander. Some have suggestd Stacie's place, but maybe we can do someplace in the Gaslamp so that we're not all taking cabs? I'm up for anything, so just tell me when and where to report!

Browsing the clubs can be fun.....I like the La Jolla Hilton idea too, it sounds like enough variety to satisfy all and the hotel has it's own parking. Parking downtown can be a hassle.

I have a date! Woo hoo! I am so excited about it! Our plans are open, he is happy to spend it with me and my friends... so whats the low down? We are we going to meet up at and at what time?

I am going to have to cancel my plans to do the New Year in with you all. Circumstances dictate that I will be staying in this year, but hey, I will be spending it with 2 of my favorite people in the world......Kiera & Braydee! Love to all of you.

What about First Night at Qualcommm stadium? Anyone heard of that? I hear advertised on the radio recently....something like 3000 people show up.

I never heard of it, I will google it and see what comes up!

I did a google search and all I could find was First Night in Escondido.. I looked up events at Qualcomm and the only thing I can see scheduled is a Monster truck show at 7pm on the 31st...... i couldnt find anything else, maybe you will have better luck?

At this point, I am thinking about staying in, cuddling up to Mr Wonderful witha Lemon Drop Martini and watching movies.... I'll let you know if that changes.... he's flying in from out of town and I think he wants to do SOMETHING! Who knows....... the minute I know, ya'all will know! :D

Okay I found the thing at Qualcomm.. tickets are $105.00, but it includes your dinks and food, unlimited all night long! It sounds like a cool event.... also, here is a link to a bunch of different stuff going on that night.... info about the event at Qualcomm is there too. What cha think? Or are we gonna do the bar hopping thing? I know I sound bi polar right now, after my last post and wanting tobe cuddled up on a couch n stuff.... but I dunno if thats gonna happen either?

http://www.signonsandiego.com/citysearch/feature/495/nye/bars.html?cslink=cs_generic_3_4

Yeah, it's confusing. There's First Night, which is a family affair and Big Night, which is the Qualcomm thing. I hear you about the bipolar thing.....especially driving all the way down there. Stay in and snuggle or party hardy?

where's the leader of the pack? barb where are you? whats your feedback? The thing at the Q sounds really, really fun... and you know with paying that much cash you hope we would be in great company and not around alot of knuckleheads.... unless we are looking to party with knuckleheads..... who knows?

oaky, i beleive this should be final. I have decided not to go downtown for New Years. Im gonna spend it ina more quiet, romantic setting. I hope this doesnt disappoint you Marie or Barbara.. Im a big whimp about being on the roads for New Years, and I believe the decision to stay in is the best one. i hope you guys understand. Also, Stacie said if you want to use her place you still can... call her or call me and I can give you her #. Also Marie, she said if you need to ditch your hubby for awhile you are more than welcome to stay at her place. She is out of town until the 5th.....

We usually use public transportation she we don't have to drive and it is free. There is also Tipsy Tow service available along with other programs. We are trying to stay in the south bay if possible. Little one is spending the night at the babysitters and I bought a new low back dress just for tomorrow.

I'll need to get out because I'm not spending the New Year's with my mother-in-law. She can get really annoying quick. I think I'll stay up here and find something in North County.