Sign in to follow this  
Nana Trish

Sorry I've been MIA...but I've got a yummy recipe to share!

Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of days...it seems I've developed an abcessed tooth and I've been in a lot of pain. Antibiotics don't seem to be helping so far. Maybe taking a trip to the dentist soon :( But I found a recipe I wanted to share with you guys. I tried it tonight because I've been CLEARED FOR REGULAR FOOD!! Woot woot! I'm posting a pic of the recipe and of the finished product. The only thing I suggest is that you let the cheese cool a bit before trying to eat it, because if you don't, you (at least I did), end up swallowing more than you want to at one time. It's it's fresh parm, so it starts to firm up pretty quickly. It was soo tasty! If you try it, I hope you like it! I'm going to be back here on Saturday because I don't have the baby this weekend, and I'm hoping this tooth agony will be better by then. Hope you are all having a great week!! Ttys ❤️

image.jpg

This sounds super yum. CONGRATS on getting to eat solid foods! Woo hoo!

18 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

This sounds super yum. CONGRATS on getting to eat solid foods! Woo hoo!

It was delish!! I was super excited to be able to eat more normal foods...I couldn't wait to try it!! It turned out to be mushy, as the tomatoes get soft...but the flavor was heavenly! Tasted like pizza, lol :) I'm so happy to finally be cleared for a normal diet now...but I plan to take it slow, for sure! 

Oh, and PS, @NerdyLady, you are only 15.4 pounds to goal?!? Way to go!! Happy dance for you!!

Glad to have you back! Congrats on real food! Hooray!

This sounds really good. I'm dreaming of nice fresh from the garden summer tomatoes...

We make something similar to this, but with a whole tomato with the top cut off for a flat top. If it was too mushy (which is prob better for right now anyway on your pouch) try broiling it in the oven- just keep an eye on it. Should keep the consistency of the tomato a little firmer.

Sorry to hear about your tooth. I was actually getting ready to send you an message to check in with you when I ran onto this posting. Hope you are feeling better REALLY soon!

Sorry about your bad tooth..The tomato looks awesome,Were you able to eat the whole thing?  Congrats on getting to eat normal stuff now...

How could this be anything but great with these ingredients?!

And congrats on moving up the food chain to solids!

3 hours ago, tracyringo said:

Sorry about your bad tooth..The tomato looks awesome,Were you able to eat the whole thing?  Congrats on getting to eat normal stuff now...

Thanks...I was expecting this at some point in the near future because it's been broken for a while now. Bad teeth due to other health problems, and it sucks because I've always taken great care of them!

I was able to eat the whole thing, yes. It was a small slice and with the toppings it was about 1 3/4 ounces. And let me tell you...was it ever good! Today, I had turkey deli meat with cheese for lunch (it was a firmer cheese) and I easily ate 2 3/4 ounces of that. I had a piece of very moist meatloaf for dinner, but only about 1.4 ounces. That's a lot heavier than deli meat, lol. Everything tastes good, and agreed with my pouch, so it was a good day! It felt so good to have more choices!

1 hour ago, BurgundyBoy said:

How could this be anything but great with these ingredients?!

And congrats on moving up the food chain to solids!

It really was great! So yum!! And thank you, I'm so happy to be able to eat more normally now! I'm still taking it slow though...nice and easy :) 

3 hours ago, Trish13 said:

We make something similar to this, but with a whole tomato with the top cut off for a flat top. If it was too mushy (which is prob better for right now anyway on your pouch) try broiling it in the oven- just keep an eye on it. Should keep the consistency of the tomato a little firmer.

Sorry to hear about your tooth. I was actually getting ready to send you an message to check in with you when I ran onto this posting. Hope you are feeling better REALLY soon!

Your tomato idea sounds great!! You'll have to send me the recipe! 

Thank you for thinking of me, you're so sweet! I'm doing a bit better tonight, so hopefully on the mend with the stupid tooth, at least for now. I hope you're doing well :) 

14 hours ago, CurvyMermaid said:

Ooooooh this is a perfect use for all my Jersey tomatoes! Can't wait to try when I get to my real food step!

Yes yes!! It's delicious!! You'll be there before you know it! I still can't believe it's been 6 weeks already for me.

19 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

This sounds really good. I'm dreaming of nice fresh from the garden summer tomatoes...

It's a really nice change for tomatoes, I really was surprised how much I liked it!

19 hours ago, Gretta said:

Glad to have you back! Congrats on real food! Hooray!

Thank you, Gretta!! And yes, woohoo for "real" food!!! How are you coming along?

Edited by Trish1967

24 minutes ago, Trish1967 said:

Thank you, Gretta!! And yes, woohoo for "real" food!!! How are you coming along?

I'm doing well. Four weeks yesterday. Down 24 pounds in that time. Totally satisfied with that. 55 down since pre-op. Food & fluids going down easily. Getting lots of exercise. Only problem I'm having is with the ursodiol for my gallbladder. Some nausea and diarrhea with that. Boo! Two more weeks of purees for me. Thanks for asking!

26 minutes ago, Gretta said:

I'm doing well. Four weeks yesterday. Down 24 pounds in that time. Totally satisfied with that. 55 down since pre-op. Food & fluids going down easily. Getting lots of exercise. Only problem I'm having is with the ursodiol for my gallbladder. Some nausea and diarrhea with that. Boo! Two more weeks of purees for me. Thanks for asking!

Well done Gretta! Must feel great. Congrats!

13 hours ago, Gretta said:

I'm so glad to hear you're doing well, Gretta!! Fantastic weight loss! I can't believe you've got to be on puréed foods for that long, but you're almost there. I'm sorry about the nausea and diarrhea, that's the pits! I hope that gets better soon ♥️

Thanks, @Trish1967! You're the best!

1 hour ago, Gretta said:

Thanks, @Trish1967! You're the best!

:wub: Right back at ya, my friend!!

@Trish1967 how is that tooth? Hope it is better and you can enjoy some solids this weekend! Best wishes!

4 hours ago, BurgundyBoy said:

@Trish1967 how is that tooth? Hope it is better and you can enjoy some solids this weekend! Best wishes!

Thank you for asking, @BurgundyBoy :) I'm having intermittent pain, but nothing like it was earlier in the week. Ive had a constant headache to go along with it, so it is what it is, I guess. I could barely chew Monday and Tuesday, but the last two days I've luckily regained the chewing ability with a lot less pain. So I have been able to enjoy my more solid things!! It's strange being nervous about trying "new" things, lol. But I've had very good luck so far. The portion sizes look huge to me now...like 2 ounces of sliced turkey breast and 1 ounce of cheese. That's actually too much, so tomorrow I'm dropping it down to one ounce of each. I'm doing well with hard boiled eggs, the meatloaf went down without incident (the whole 1.4 ounces of it, lol) so I'm not having any trouble to speak of. 

7 minutes ago, CurvyMermaid said:

I'm glad to hear it is going well @Trish1967! And happy chewing to you!

Thank you, @CurvyMermaid!! I hope all is well with you too! :wub: