CurvyMermaid

Taaaa daaaaa!

Surgery done! Let the adventure continue! The pain and nausea have been my constant companion and I'm ready to ditch those b**tches! I was in recovery a bit longer while they tried to manage it but am in my room for the night now.

Welcome to the losers bench!

I hope you're feeling as comfortable as can be expected, and that your recovery goes really well.

picgifs-welcome-2-3816229.gif

You did it!!!! Nausea blows! I hear you! It won't last. Thanks for the update!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! The nausea will pass before you know it. So happy for you!

1 hour ago, CurvyMermaid said:

Surgery done! Let the adventure continue! The pain and nausea have been my constant companion and I'm ready to ditch those b**tches! I was in recovery a bit longer while they tried to manage it but am in my room for the night now.

Take the pain meds and sleep. Wonderful. Today is a new beginning. However trite the words may sound, it's true. 

2 hours ago, CurvyMermaid said:

All hail the queen of WLS! You'll feel better soon enough and those companions will be a distant memory. 

Apologies if this sounds crass but try to fart as much as you can. Letting the gas out is helpful and lessens some of the discomfort. 

Yay!!!

28 minutes ago, NerdyLady said:

All hail the queen of WLS! You'll feel better soon enough and those companions will be a distant memory. 

Apologies if this sounds crass but try to fart as much as you can. Letting the gas out is helpful and lessens some of the discomfort. 

Yay!!!

Congrats, CurvyMermaid!! So happy for you!! @NerdyLady...that's not crass at all! The gas has to come out somehow...and I've gotta tell you, I've never been so happy to fart in my life!! I still pass a lot more gas than I did pre op, but I don't care!! Better out than in, I always say...to quote Shrek!! Lol! Feel better soon, CurvyMermaid, and welcome to the losers bench!!

Great news!!  Welcome to the losers bench. :)

Hope your nausea and pain is now under control CurvyMermaid - welcome to the losers bench.

Nausea is gone and pain is persistent but manageable. I have been waiting for the discharge nurse for 2 hrs so hopefully I can head home to my shower and bed soon. Boy am I wiped! My stomach is sore like someone just tore out the majority of it....oh, wait...;)

Hooray for nausea being gone and for getting to go home today!

Let us know how you are doing over the long holiday weekend... Delighted you are escaping from the hospital.

(and for that matter, let us know how you are doing now and not just then!)

Edited by BurgundyBoy
added sentence at end

Congrats on having the surgery !!  Hope you are feeling better !

Thanks @Gretta, @BurgundyBoy and @tracyringo! I'm feeling great and have been out walking and/or sitting at the beach. Once I was finally discharged yesterday, I came out of the hospital to find I had a flat tire. Le sigh So I patiently waited in my drug-induced haze for AAA to arrive and help a girl out. The AAA gods were with me and a guy came and put on the spare so we could be on our way in less than 30 min. Which, if you have ever used AAA, is an absolute record for them. Today I managed to get in 80 g of protein and 30 oz water.  Heck yeah doing this protein thing like a boss! :D

Edited by CurvyMermaid

I think you should buy a lottery ticket. Everything's coming up roses!

I'm so happy you are feel well and got to go home! I'm sorry to hear about the tire but with luck like that with AAA coming in half an hour you should buy a lottery ticket. Great job with the protein and water :)

I'm so glad you're home, and I hope you're feeling well today! 

Feeling good. Sitting at the mechanics getting new tires, lol. Packed some homemade protein gummies to keep me going, along with my water bottle. It amazes me how tiny the sips are that I need to take to prevent pain! 

You are obviously doing very well if you can be sitting some place getting tires on day 3. Going forward we can call this ability to be out and about in the world the "getting new tires right after surgery" positive sign. 

The small volume is the only thing that still sort of shocks me every once in a while. Tiny tiny tiny amounts (at least compared to the past). Well, every once in a while I truly "see" how much smaller I am and that is a very happy shock. The differences from day to day are small enough that there is no daily shock, of course. 

So thrilled...and amazed!...you are out & about in the world. Thanks for the updates. You are really helping ease my fears pre-7/10 sleeve surgery!

My experience has been great thus far @Miss A and I'm glad it can help ease your fears. Friday I went to work briefly to check that an error hadn't happened that would jeopardize a month's worth of work. I was only there briefly but the small road trip and walking around wasn't painful. Today all-in-all I was out running errands for about 6 hours (not driving but in and out of the car) and while there was some discomfort in the abdomen at the incisions, it was manageable with a half dose of Tylenol 3. I did come back home to take a decent nap - I don't quite have my stamina back yet but didn't really expect to.

@BurgundyBoy I have caught myself a few times taking a 'normal' mouthful of water and needing to swallow it in stages. Lol My kayak and bike were tempting me to take them out but I had to remind myself that besides healing incisions, I have to figure out how to stay hydrated before getting back into my outdoor activities. I'm excited to have some of those 'happy shocks' in my future!

So happy you are doing well...I find myself wondering about those sips and if it's the same for the bypass..?

6 hours ago, tracyringo said:

So happy you are doing well...I find myself wondering about those sips and if it's the same for the bypass..?

@tracyringo I don't know if this rings true for all RNY patients, but soon after my surgery, I was able to guzzle down large quantities of liquid. I don't know if this is a blessing or a curse, because I'm always scoping out a bathroom. ;) I think I was sipping water for the first few weeks. Now I can down 32oz fairly quickly.  @Res Ipsa who has also had RNY, has spoken about his ability to drink a lot of water. 

17 hours ago, tracyringo said:

I drank a litre jug of water overnight the day I had my surgery. A litre is around 2 pints in your language.  Hot, cold, whatever...no issues getting liquids down at all.

Edited by Aussie H