Vaultgirl72

Success! Made it to the Loser's Bench!!

Glad to hear you're doing so well! :D

Getting caught up on all the fun since I wasn't able to check on TTF since Thursday - SO happy to hear you finally got your surgery and that all is going so well! Keep us updated! :wub:

So glad you are feeling better !!  Updates please...

50 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

So glad you are feeling better !!  Updates please...

Any updates on when you might be going forward, @tracyringo

@BurgundyBoy I see the surgeon on the 6th of July for my date..Been a long process for me considering I started in September of 2015 .I ended up changing PCP because the first one would not sign the letter...I see you are doing great !!

Edited by tracyringo

11 minutes ago, tracyringo said:

@BurgundyBoy I see the surgeon on the 6th of July for my date..Been a long process for me considering I started in September of 2015 .I ended up changing PCP because the first one would not sign the letter...I see you are doing great !!

We'll be rooting for you - sorry you had to change PCPs. It's a long journey ... 

Thanks for your very kind words about doing well. It would be churlish of me to fail to note that I have: great insurance, a great surgical team, a lot of support, and have lots of other good strikes in my favor. Even my gym is close by. It's a lot easier to do well when a lot of the obstacles are not there...

1 hour ago, tracyringo said:

Shame on your PCP for not signing the letter. Although it may have taken longer, I'm glad you had the clarity to find a doctor who could help you. I'm sure others would have given up. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed for you. 

@NerdyLady thank you so much..I Actually did give up for about 5 months until I switched my PCP . Thank you for your kind words and congrats to you and your continued success !

Overall I've been feeling really good. I have more energy than I expected to have. Still able to drink any temperature water and protein shake. I've got the serving size down for my water and have had 64 oz the last couple days and about 64 oz of protein as well. I get a little gassy but walking around tends to alleviate that feeling. I need to walk more but I've been busy with kids since they are home for the summer. Managed to get my vitamins down, even tho they taste awful still. I don't miss food but I do miss the social aspect of eating. I don't get hungry like I used to. My blood sugar is still a little higher than I would like but with each day it is stabilizing. I get cold sometimes and have to put on a sweater which is weird as I am always warm. Moving forward until the 12th of July when I meet with my nutritionist and doctor.

Well done!  You're doing really well with your fluids and protein.  That should help your recovery immensely.  

4 hours ago, Vaultgirl72 said:

Overall I've been feeling really good. I have more energy than I expected to have. Still able to drink any temperature water and protein shake. I've got the serving size down for my water and have had 64 oz the last couple days and about 64 oz of protein as well. I get a little gassy but walking around tends to alleviate that feeling. I need to walk more but I've been busy with kids since they are home for the summer. Managed to get my vitamins down, even tho they taste awful still. I don't miss food but I do miss the social aspect of eating. I don't get hungry like I used to. My blood sugar is still a little higher than I would like but with each day it is stabilizing. I get cold sometimes and have to put on a sweater which is weird as I am always warm. Moving forward until the 12th of July when I meet with my nutritionist and doctor.

Freezing to death is a very positive sign. I miss some of the social aspects too.

A warm brrrrrrrr to you!

How are you doing at the two week post-op mark @Vaultgirl72? Still getting chilly through the summer heat? ;)

I'm doing well. I'm still on the full liquid diet until Wednesday. It's making me crazy but I'll get through it. I'm still feeling much cooler than normal. I am still taking metformin but my numbers are actually normal now and I'm feeling so good! I do get tired when I overdo it but for being two weeks out from surgery I'm doing great. I am really looking forward to soft foods and am thinking of what I'd like to try first. I guess it will depend on what the nutritionist says.

Great update, @Vaultgirl72! That liquid diet is so annoying! So happy to hear you're feeling great otherwise!

On 7/8/2017 at 8:01 PM, Vaultgirl72 said:

I'm doing well. I'm still on the full liquid diet until Wednesday. It's making me crazy but I'll get through it. I'm still feeling much cooler than normal. I am still taking metformin but my numbers are actually normal now and I'm feeling so good! I do get tired when I overdo it but for being two weeks out from surgery I'm doing great. I am really looking forward to soft foods and am thinking of what I'd like to try first. I guess it will depend on what the nutritionist says.

Hey there, just checking in. How are you doing?