Jen581791

Changing bra sizes as the pounds drop

Recommended Posts

BUH. So in November, I was a 42H. I have been highly annoyed with my bras stabbing the hell out of me, to the point I was wearing super unsupportive, 7 dollar walmart bras just to avoid the underwire stabbing (and because I didn't want to go spend $$$ on something that may only fit for awhile). I got tired of constantly running to the restroom to either yank the band down or reposition the goods, and I finally measured myself and checked out the reddit measurements. Lo and behold, I am now a 38H (I in many brands). 

I went out to buy one bra today to have it in hand before I take full use of the brand/size comparisons on reddit and order something cheaper online to get me through the next few months. I'm tossing all the old ones in the trash - hasta la vista! Thanks again for the reminder and the info to get the right fit :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2018 at 11:10 PM, delilas said:

BUH. So in November, I was a 42H. I have been highly annoyed with my bras stabbing the hell out of me, to the point I was wearing super unsupportive, 7 dollar walmart bras just to avoid the underwire stabbing (and because I didn't want to go spend $$$ on something that may only fit for awhile). I got tired of constantly running to the restroom to either yank the band down or reposition the goods, and I finally measured myself and checked out the reddit measurements. Lo and behold, I am now a 38H (I in many brands). 

I went out to buy one bra today to have it in hand before I take full use of the brand/size comparisons on reddit and order something cheaper online to get me through the next few months. I'm tossing all the old ones in the trash - hasta la vista! Thanks again for the reminder and the info to get the right fit :D 

Hooray! Life with a better fitting bra is just better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whine. My c cup bras are barely the right size. I am still losing, but darn it, do not want to drop to a B cup! It's so unfair that women lose weight and their boobs go, but men lose weight and it makes their "equipment" look bigger! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, has anyone seen Clusie L's video on breasts post weight loss surgery? It's hysterical.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 28/03/2018 at 10:37 PM, ktgrok said:

Whine. My c cup bras are barely the right size. I am still losing, but darn it, do not want to drop to a B cup! It's so unfair that women lose weight and their boobs go, but men lose weight and it makes their "equipment" look bigger! 

I've decided my boobs actually do look bigger now. Even though I've dropped from a C cup to a B having no fat over my ribs means these little puppies do stick out more than they used to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aussie Bear said:

I've decided my boobs actually do look bigger now. Even though I've dropped from a C cup to a B having no fat over my ribs means these little puppies do stick out more than they used to. 

You're also probably in a smaller band size, so the proportions between the cups and bands is actually different. 

I'm "shrinking away" and have gone down to a 32DD :lol: which seems tiny to me now, at least in comparison. The upside is that I can shop for bras in regular stores now - woo hoo! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went down to 36DD - mine are nothing more than empty skin sacks at this point LOL.  In fact the other day I said to my hubby....Look at this!  I can roll them up!

#DeflatedGirlsStillBeGirls

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, TammyP said:

I went down to 36DD - mine are nothing more than empty skin sacks at this point LOL.  In fact the other day I said to my hubby....Look at this!  I can roll them up!

#DeflatedGirlsStillBeGirls

Preach it, sister!! :lol: Same here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TammyP said:

I went down to 36DD - mine are nothing more than empty skin sacks at this point LOL.  In fact the other day I said to my hubby....Look at this!  I can roll them up!

#DeflatedGirlsStillBeGirls

Yeahhhhh... My breasts have gotten much smaller. I’m actually happy that they are smaller but I wish they had shape. They are sad long socks that I smoosh into a ball shape for bra purposes. 

I was recently measured at 34DD. That doesn’t sound accurate but who knows any more! 

183B1F6F-52B6-4711-9103-EAC0FEF5B5D4.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, TammyP said:

#DeflatedGirlsStillBeGirls

Indeed. 

6 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

They are sad long socks that I smoosh into a ball shape for bra purposes. 

Hey, as long as they look fine in clothes! Here's where having a good bra comes into play. I got some "lightly lined" ones that approximate a great shape. I never wore lined bras previously because why would I possibly want them to look bigger. But the lining gives structure now (and visually adds a bit? which I need now?). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bras have been the bain of my life since losing my excess weight because I have little breast tissue left and what I do have is classified as pendulous (the nipple and the lower breast mass are below the breast crease line on the chest).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I jumped between page 1 and 5 so I need read the center pages; I agreed wholeheartedly with both pages, and the last page made me laugh heartily as I'm at the same point experienced by others. Two bras the same size 38E (what!), one feels snug the other has to be returned as too big. I can basically roll up the tissue too and fit another breast in the top of the bra as everything pools and bags on the bottom. I just got rid of the bras I've been holding onto, 46DDD-40DD-42C and a range of sizes in between; I was wearing the 40DD up until I fell out the band a month ago. I have always hated bra shopping, sizing, scratchiness, digging into the side, side boobage, back fat, etc. I had liked Catherine's the best pre-surgery, then they seemed to get a designer that hates women to design the new bras. I was measured recently in a local store and purchased; I've finally stopped feeling like it's digging into my side although it weighs on my shoulder bones ... I bought a different bra online as the local store only had the one bra in my size in a non-underwire. (I don't like underwire as the wires dig, and I've always felt unsupported with my bosoms taking on a life of their own.) I can't find my size in the local department stores. I think I'm going to try the Reddit link.

Edited by Jumping Jo
typo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After going from a 48 D to a 36 B it took my sagging boobs a good year to catch up.  They were saggy before surgery but even more while losing weight.  Now they seem to be more firm than before.  I like Victoria Secret bras.  I like the slightly padded as they do fill out the rest..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cheesehead said:

After going from a 48 D to a 36 B it took my sagging boobs a good year to catch up.  They were saggy before surgery but even more while losing weight.  Now they seem to be more firm than before.  I like Victoria Secret bras.  I like the slightly padded as they do fill out the rest..

Mine seem to catch up and fill out every couple of months. Seems I lose weight from my boobs first (always have) but when my weight redistributes it fills the cups again.....very thankful for that as I always only been a B cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's an article from the Guardian today on how the bra market is changing - acknowledging women's actual sizes rather than marketing bras for the male gaze. This is very much from a British perspective, though - we could use a little of this in the US, with our very restrictive available sizes! There are a few American companies that are making some changes, but certainly not enough of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/jun/26/bras-womens-breasts-getting-bigger-larger-cups

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jen581791 said:

Here's an article from the Guardian today on how the bra market is changing - acknowledging women's actual sizes rather than marketing bras for the male gaze. This is very much from a British perspective, though - we could use a little of this in the US, with our very restrictive available sizes! There are a few American companies that are making some changes, but certainly not enough of them.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/jun/26/bras-womens-breasts-getting-bigger-larger-cups

 

Excellent - thank you for posting!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jen581791 Thanks for posting this article. It’s giving me hope that one day I can find the right fit. I just jiggled my breasts around because today’s bra is ill fitting. :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great article - I found it very interesting, especially since they are realizing that things have to change.  I bought another bra locally, and the fitter had me get another size!  Now I'm starting to slip out the bottom again although I haven't really lost any weight (I still hate bra shopping - they are all scratchy).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ugh...this just reminded me I still need a new bra...spent an hour bra shopping last Thursday, and ended up throwing the bras on the bench in the dressing room and leaving in disgust...grrr!! If there is anything I can honestly say I hate about this process, bra shopping is it!! I don't mind that they are smaller, but trying to stuff 2 half deflated water balloons into a bra that is SUPPOSED to fit, only to have them fall out, is beyond frustrating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nana Trish said:

Ugh...this just reminded me I still need a new bra...spent an hour bra shopping last Thursday, and ended up throwing the bras on the bench in the dressing room and leaving in disgust...grrr!! If there is anything I can honestly say I hate about this process, bra shopping is it!! I don't mind that they are smaller, but trying to stuff 2 half deflated water balloons into a bra that is SUPPOSED to fit, only to have them fall out, is beyond frustrating. 

 

@Nana Trish Tube sock boob ladies unite!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NerdyToothpick said:

 

@Nana Trish Tube sock boob ladies unite!!

Yes ma'am!!! That, and my *side boobs* are literally pouring out of the sides of the bra :eek:

Hehehe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've finally found a bra that's comfortable and keeps my girls in place (I basically just have skin - little breast tissue and they're pretty droopy).

Bali Comfort Revolution Microfiber LEISURE (I got a 30/32" off eBay) - they go up to a 3XL.  

https://www.onehanesplace.com/shop/onehanesplace/bali-comfort-revolution-crop-top-df103j?categoryId=212098

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm with @Nana Trish. I can't find any bras in stores that fit. I did the measurement thing online, and it said I was a 36F? No store sells that, and I don't want to order a bra that I haven't tried on. Eeek! My current 40D rides up whenever I lift my arms. Don't know where to start.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2018 at 4:25 PM, cinwa said:

I've finally found a bra that's comfortable and keeps my girls in place (I basically just have skin - little breast tissue and they're pretty droopy).

Bali Comfort Revolution Microfiber LEISURE (I got a 30/32" off eBay) - they go up to a 3XL.  

https://www.onehanesplace.com/shop/onehanesplace/bali-comfort-revolution-crop-top-df103j?categoryId=212098

I actually went to a Bali outlet this last time...I couldn’t find any Bali brands with enough support, ugh. I’m a boob outcast, I swear!! I had the poor saleswoman/bra fitter girl chasing her tail trying to help me. I’m gonna check out your link though, in hopes of finding SOMETHING!! :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cindy Lou Who said:

I'm with @Nana Trish. I can't find any bras in stores that fit. I did the measurement thing online, and it said I was a 36F? No store sells that, and I don't want to order a bra that I haven't tried on. Eeek! My current 40D rides up whenever I lift my arms. Don't know where to start.....

Oh, @Cindy Lou Who, HUGS, girl!! I was in a 46H pre op, I believe. Now, I SHOULD be around a 38DD...but try telling that to “the girls”!! I’m as lost as you are, and not loving this. I’m in desperate need of a new bra by Saturday, and it’s not looking good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now