Jen581791

Changing bra sizes as the pounds drop

My DH was looking over my shoulder just as I was viewing your link and I told him that I was going to order one.  He knows of my problems finding a bra that'll lift and support what I have left and site them somewhat in the general vicinity of my chest.  His words to me:  "Duct tape might be a better bet".  :lol:

Anyway, I'm going to order one anyway and just to get my own back, I'm going to use his credit card. 

@cinwa You are hilarious. I laughed so hard, I scared my kid!

9 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

This isn’t a forever bra but it’s a nice transition bra.

I've "transitioned" right out of all my bras now and have ordered some more (much smaller) Knixwear. I actually took in all of my bras (the band width, not the cups - that's beyond my tragically pathetic hand-sewing skills), including the Knixwear ones, but the cups are just too big now. That still leaves me in the awkward position of needing a size that's not readily available in stores, due to the small band size/still proportionately large cup size, so Knixwear it is for the moment. They do a good job of squeezing everything into correctly boob-shaped forms  ☉☉ :lol:

Apparently bra manufacturers - the big name ones anyway - do not believe that bra bands should, heaven forbid, fit snugly so as to support, and therefore do not believe that any adult could possibly wear smaller than 34, maaaaaybe 32 in small cup sizes. I think the women of the world need to rise up in revolt against Big Bra. We need a wider range of sizes! We need better bra fit education! We need fewer VS Angels advertising bras that are clearly way too small for them! 

41 minutes ago, Jen581791 said:

I've "transitioned" right out of all my bras now and have ordered some more (much smaller) Knixwear. I actually took in all of my bras (the band width, not the cups - that's beyond my tragically pathetic hand-sewing skills), including the Knixwear ones, but the cups are just too big now. That still leaves me in the awkward position of needing a size that's not readily available in stores, due to the small band size/still proportionately large cup size, so Knixwear it is for the moment. They do a good job of squeezing everything into correctly boob-shaped forms  ☉☉ :lol:

Apparently bra manufacturers - the big name ones anyway - do not believe that bra bands should, heaven forbid, fit snugly so as to support, and therefore do not believe that any adult could possibly wear smaller than 34, maaaaaybe 32 in small cup sizes. I think the women of the world need to rise up in revolt against Big Bra. We need a wider range of sizes! We need better bra fit education! We need fewer VS Angels advertising bras that are clearly way too small for them! 

TESTIFY!! 

Y’all, I know I go on and on about my breasts but you are stuck with me. B) My breasts got smaller this week. Just when I thought they couldn’t get smaller, they went right ahead and shrank. I highly doubt I’ve lost any weight, so I suppose I’m shapeshifting again. Of course, my band size is still 38.  You’d think my ribcage would have the decency to shrink along with my breasts. :D 

I’m not buying any more bras for a while  I am tired of bra shopping. BLERG. 

@NerdyToothpick, mine change on what seems like a weekly basis. Up and down like yoyos. At the moment they are actually filling my B cup again, but in a few days they'll more than likely be swimming in them again. My band size did reduce in the early months but I don't think it will any further given there isn't much fat over my ribcage or my back anymore.

@Aussie H I know it’s shallow but it’s a little disheartening to see empty cups. I know I’m being a brat and should get over my shrinking breasts. It’s a small price to pay for getting my health back. 

16 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Aussie H I know it’s shallow but it’s a little disheartening to see empty cups. I know I’m being a brat and should get over my shrinking breasts. It’s a small price to pay for getting my health back. 

It IS disheartening. My breasts, butt and legs are all but disappearing. What I WANT to get rid of, my belly, is apparently the last to go. Sigh.

44 minutes ago, Carina said:

It IS disheartening. My breasts, butt and legs are all but disappearing. What I WANT to get rid of, my belly, is apparently the last to go. Sigh.

Oh, you're shaped like ME!  I'm in the same boat.  :)  Everything but my middle is shrinking!

On 1/6/2018 at 6:38 PM, Carina said:

Omg...this is SO me!! What's up with that, anyway?!?

On 1/6/2018 at 1:51 AM, NerdyToothpick said:

You kill me, @NerdyToothpick!! Brat...huh, lol

I think I have tried on every. single. bra. in upstate NY...they officially have NO BRAS THAT FIT ME HERE!! HELP!!! :o

On 1/6/2018 at 4:23 PM, Kio said:

Oh, you're shaped like ME!  I'm in the same boat.  :)  Everything but my middle is shrinking!

@Kio @Carina @Nana Trish

Are you all apple shaped? I am and my belly fat was/is the last to go. It’s frustrating as fk. 

Trish, 

Do you think your husband could make a bra for you? It’s a bit of work but I know if people who have successfully made bras. 

I've bought some stretchy sport bras. They have no fastening, Just stretchy fabric that are soft enough to sleep in even.

They offer support and will last through various sizes.

That's my bra plan!

11 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Kio @Carina @Nana Trish

Are you all apple shaped? I am and my belly fat was/is the last to go. It’s frustrating as fk. 

Trish, 

Do you think your husband could make a bra for you? It’s a bit of work but I know if people who have successfully made bras. 

Before, I would have said that my body held my fat pretty evenly all over.  But the way the weight is coming off definitely leaves me at apple-shaped!  My face and neck and shoulders look quite slim now, and my thighs from mid-thigh down.  I've also lost a ton of my weight from hips and butt.  But the belly is being stubborn... I know I've gone down sizes, and my 20 jeans that were super tight in the waist when I bought them are a bit looser now, but that area does seem like it's holding on tight.

My bum and hips always hold onto the weight.  I once went down from 266 to 215 and only dropped one dress size in trousers!!

My hips don't lie :P

19 minutes ago, Elisa said:

My bum and hips always hold onto the weight.  I once went down from 266 to 215 and only dropped one dress size in trousers!!

My hips don't lie :P

Bum and thighs here. Pear-shaped to the bitter end. 

*High 5*

I've definitely felt some shrinkage in the boob area, but even when I was 150 pounds, I was a DDD. I'm currently an H (maybe a G now that I've shrank some). All my underwire bras are poking the everlasting $^%# out of me. I have a heavy duty panache sports bra (it ran me 80 bucks but it was the only one I've ever found that could buckle the girls down while running or hiking), but it's definitely not something I could wear all day. Unfortunately, my chest size knocks me out of pretty much anything I could buy at a normal store, and I despise Lane Bryants wireless bras with a deep loathing passion.

Although they don't have much support, I've been wearing the 8 dollar no-wire leisure type bras from walmart and target. I'd never wear them with "real" clothes, but they're fine under my work scrubs or under a tshirt on a run to the store or wherever, especially when I'm quickly dropping through sizes. Once the weight loss slows down a little, I'll definitely look more into sizing myself properly again!

I'm a big reddit user, thanks so much for the links to that subreddit, @Jen581791!

15 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Kio @Carina @Nana Trish

Trish, 

@NerdyToothpick,

Not sure if he could make a bra, but he has been altering the heck out of the one I have left, lol...I'm giving it one more try today, and if I can't find anything local, I'm going online :blink:

I'm tired of my boobs dragging on the floor, lol :lol:

On 9-1-2018 at 7:00 PM, Nana Trish said:

@NerdyToothpick,

Not sure if he could make a bra, but he has been altering the heck out of the one I have left, lol...I'm giving it one more try today, and if I can't find anything local, I'm going online :blink:

I'm tired of my boobs dragging on the floor, lol :lol:

Wait...your hubs is a bra couturier?

On 1/9/2018 at 8:44 AM, Kio said:

Before, I would have said that my body held my fat pretty evenly all over.  But the way the weight is coming off definitely leaves me at apple-shaped!  My face and neck and shoulders look quite slim now, and my thighs from mid-thigh down.  I've also lost a ton of my weight from hips and butt.  But the belly is being stubborn... I know I've gone down sizes, and my 20 jeans that were super tight in the waist when I bought them are a bit looser now, but that area does seem like it's holding on tight.

@Kio One day you will look back and be in disbelief that you wore a size 20 pant. I wore an 18 or 20 and now I’m a size 6 or 4. Soon this will be you! I promise. 

19 hours ago, NerdyToothpick said:

@Kio One day you will look back and be in disbelief that you wore a size 20 pant. I wore an 18 or 20 and now I’m a size 6 or 4. Soon this will be you! I promise. 

Totally agree with Toothpick as usual. At my highest weight I was sometimes unable to even get into a size 26 jean. On the weekend I bought jeans that were size 10 (US 6 or there about) and the brand is renowned for being at the small end of the scale and definitely not vanity sized. It happens....it just takes time.

Edited by Aussie H

On 1/15/2018 at 12:35 AM, NerdyToothpick said:

In fact, @Kiomaybe nerdy can save her toothpick pants for you!!

Edited by CheeringCJ

18 hours ago, Aussie H said:

Totally agree with Toothpick as usual. At my highest weight I was sometimes unable to even get into a size 26 jean. On the weekend I bought jeans that were size 10 (US 6 or there about) and the brand is renowned for being at the small end of the scale and definitely not vanity sized. It happens....it just takes time.

AWESOME @Aussie H