Hi I am new to thinner times . I have my date for gastric bypass , 10th of July. 5 weeks today , I have a pre admissions appointment at hospital tomorrow.  I am 56 year old woman and started gaining weight after leaving school. So here I am 40 years later and having gastric surgery. I have lost Ten stone pre op and still have 12 stone to loose. I am hoping that being on this forum will help if I have any questions thanks for reading 

Welcome to Thinner Times Alice!

I wasted my life yo-yoing myself to end up heavier after each dieting attempt.  I had my WLS at 52 1/2 years - that was getting on for 10 years ago.

Congratulations on losing that 10 stone (140lb) pre-op - that in itself is absolutely outstanding.

Welcome, Alice :) As @cinwa said, congrats on your very significant success so far! 

I hope you find TTF to be as helpful and supportive as I do - take a look around the site and don't be afraid to ask questions. 

Welcome, Alice! You're off to a great start! Well done!

Thanks guys and Greta  I love your little hedgehog they are super cute x

Edited by alice1161
misspelt

Just now, alice1161 said:

Thanks guys and Great I love your little hedgehog they are super cute x

Thanks!

Welcome Alice!  I had my gastric bypass a few years ago, and the surgery allowed me to lose all of my extra weight and then keep it off. Quite frankly, the surgery has transformed my life in many wonderful ways, as I am now thin, healthy, active, and feel so much more "alive."  

We are here to support you on your weight loss surgery journey. 

2 hours ago, alice1161 said:

Hi I am new to thinner times . I have my date for gastric bypass , 10th of July. 5 weeks today , I have a pre admissions appointment at hospital tomorrow.  I am 56 year old woman and started gaining weight after leaving school. So here I am 40 years later and having gastric surgery. I have lost Ten stone pre op and still have 12 stone to loose. I am hoping that being on this forum will help if I have any questions thanks for reading 

\hi Alice - welcome!!! and I notice that we are both in UK!!!  You have done outstandingly well already - good job girl :D

2 hours ago, alice1161 said:

Here's hoping you find lots on the site to help you through the process. Lots to prepare for...

Hi and welcome!!